Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #1

Brake switch

I just replaced the brake switch on my 99 monaco diplomat. Thought would stop the alarm from going off when I put it in drive. But it didnt help. Any suggestions .?
agray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It could be the sender unit on one of your air tanks. I had to replace the unit on my front air tank. They just screw into the tank and have wires attached. Be careful under the coach if you take that out it will bleed the air off and could cause a crushing hazard.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #3

Thanks I will give that try.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #4

Which brake switch ?
Brake light switch ?
Park brake on switch ?
Park brake air pressure low sensor ?
If the alarm is only on when you put the coach in gear, after releasing the park brake , and the air pressure gauges, are showing over 90 PSI. Then the park brake air pressure low sensor is probably to blame. The park brake is spring applied and air pressure released, and the pressure sensor is located at the rear of the coach near the rear axle to detect any leaks in the system, between the dash valve and the rear of the coach. You'll need an air system diagram from your chassis manufacturer to locate the sensor.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #5

I replaced the park brake switch. Im baffled. It happened just in the process of turning it around. I have checked all the fuilds for the leveling jacks. All the fluids according to what I have been told to check.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #6

It makes the same alarm when I put it drive as it does when I put it in drive but dont release the parking brake.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

There is probably a sensor for the leveling jacks too, and "jacks down" would trigger an alarm when you shift out of park. I know mine does.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #8

I don't know about Monaco , but my HWH leveling system will set off the jacks down alarm , any time the motor runs with an extended jack, not just when the trans is in gear.
Was the switch you replaced, near the rear axle ?
Can you post a picture of the old part?
You could try finding a quiet , level parking lot, and with the wheels chocked to prevent coach movement and the engine off, release the park brake and, walk around the coach and listen for an air leak in the system.
If that doesn't work then you may have to have a shop test the air pressure supplied to the park brake. You may have a kinked or leaking air line.
EDIT: Sorry if this post sounds confusing , but I missed the last 2 posts while I was away typing .

Tags
brake