Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Brake warning buzzer

I am having problem with my Fleetwood Discovery brake air pressure warning system. Air gauge bounce around some the buzzer stays on sometime after pressure gauges are at normal position. The air pressure seam to be okay lifting the air ride and stopping the coach. The gauges go up and down before startup and the ABS lights flash. I have run the diagnostics on the ABS and it report no problems. Has anyone experience this problem?
Freightliner Chassis
Rooster54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2016, 10:01 PM   #2

On most modern chassis.... the gauges are signals from the engine ECM... the engine ECM sees these signals from sensors placed on the tanks, on the ABS, on the batteries... etc... and when the engine starts sends these signals to the dash....

Most dashes go through a quick test... that is they run all gauges to full scale and than back to zero and than start to come up based on the signal that the ECM sends the dash... so the flash up and down of the gauges and the ABS light and buzzers coming on is standard/normal....

In addition... when the key goes on.... and the engine starts and than the key drops back to the run position.... the switch sends a constant signal to the ECM... if that signal from the key is interrupted the ECM will restart the whole process....

So based on what you've written I really can't decide what's going on.... its sounds like your describing the standard key on.... engine start and self test.... in the last part of your text but I don't understand the first part...
Old 09-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #3

Morning! Air gauges are mechanical not wired through the ecm. They are plumbed so they are accurate. I am not sure of your symptoms but call a truck shop and they should be able to diagnose. I will re read your post and think about it. Not awake yet.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call the Freightliner Customer Assistance 24/7 hotline. 800-385-4357. They are friendly, competent, and always there.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
On my coach the sending unit for the low air alarm was bad. It was located on the front air tank. there is also one on the rear tank.
That said there are also other things that hook to that buzzer. I was getting a back feed to mine that was a scratchy sound and checked and tightened all grounds. It still persisted , then one day it just stopped and I never found what caused it.
I think that same buzzer beeper on my coach sounds along with high temp and other problems that the ecm will send to it.

Like said above a call to Freightliner would be a place to start.

Tags
brake