Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

brakes

Well whoever told me Xtra Ride wouldn't cover brakes was right. I had a major problem first time I had to put my brakes on hard. Started pulling to right. Towed in waited 3 weeks for appointment and found out that I was sold an RV winnebago adventurer that had a recall on the brakes at the time I bought it from Blue Dog Rv in Hayden Idaho. It cost me $2352 to completely replace my brake system. We could have been killed or killed someone else. There were several red flags. I now have a completely new system. I hadn't planned on spending that kind of money but they took pics of everything and I have the parts. I am going to try to get some reimbursement from the dealer if not the BBB will be notified.

patngin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #2

I don't see the dealer reimbursing you unless they get reimbursed. I would go to the chassis or originating recall manufacturer.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe a moderator will move this to the Workhorse Chassis forum. Some of the ex WH ambassadors should be able to offer good advice.

I believe I have read there that the selling dealer is responsible for clearing open recalls before selling the RV.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #4

Yes that would be good because one of the problems was the calipers were not releasing properly cause heat build up melting the sensors. That was what the recall was about.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by patngin View Post
Yes that would be good because one of the problems was the calipers were not releasing properly cause heat build up melting the sensors. That was what the recall was about.
The Bosch brake recall was for ALL Workhorse W20-22 series chassis and I can check to see if yours was done-just need the last 8 digits of chassis vin #.

If your Workhorse is a P32 chassis, then you are on your own.
Ed
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #6

It wasn't done it is now after I lost my brakes took it to a winnie dealer and wh paid for the new calipers and all nee fluid.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #7

New but all the other damage was done by then to the tune of $2300.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Brake Recall

I had the same problem. There is no law on the books about selling an RV with recalls that have not been done. In my case, Workhorse would not do anything except pay for the new calipers,fluid and the labor to install. My rotors were not cracked, just glazed over. Since then, I have found out that I should have just had the new calipers installed and that is all. The service center said that I needed new rotors. I learned an expensive lesson but at least I now have all new brakes.
After all of this, I did talk to the Workhorse district manager. He said most people in my situation need to just replace the calipers, fluid and drive off.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #9

I needed to have it all replaced I have pictures and the old parts. I completely lost my brakes the sensors were melted and the rotors were in bad shape.