Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #1

I am wondering if anyone has tried these air filters? I had one of their air systems on a Duramax and it definitely improved the performance. I emailed Brazel's but did not get a reply.

Thanks

Moisheh

moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #2

I am wondering if anyone has tried these air filters? I had one of their air systems on a Duramax and it definitely improved the performance. I emailed Brazel's but did not get a reply.

Thanks

Moisheh

Old 04-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I just had Brazel's put one on my CAT. How can we tell the difference? Everything seems to be working fine. We have never felt underpowered and still don't. Our milage records do not show a difference in economy beyond the normal variations from fill up to fill up. It is still early so maybe as time goes on one will show up.

We were ready to change the filter anyway, so an extended life, reuseable element made some sense to us and we bought. If this is the last filter we purchase, it was a good buy.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #4

zimectrin:

Thank you for the reply. I guess Brazel's does not need the business as they never replied to my email. As a business man I can never understand why companies invest in a web site and then just ignore any responses. Apparently they also monitor this forum. I hope it was just a one time employee error.

Moisheh
Moisheh
Old 04-29-2007, 05:22 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Agree with you on the lack of response. Here is a new one...AARP Perscription Drug Vendor, ESI. Sent them an email about an order. No reply in a week. Then we get an email saying "sorry for the no reply, please call us if you still need assistence" Guess it is another layer of filtering the real problems.

Anyway, back to your question. Brazels is a very good family owned and run shop. Suggest you give them a second chance. Maybe some email filter culled your email, maybe their server was down, maybe, maybe. I know they would not like to be thought of as unresponsive over something like that.

This filter can be purchased from other sources and installed by you. Not a bad job,but a little dirty.

Good luck.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #7

I sent them another message. It cannot be an email filter as they use their web site to receieve messages. If they do not answer tomorrow morning I will write them off!

Moisheh
Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Moisheh;

I sent Mike B a PM that he has not answered either. This is out of character for Mike as he has always answered me promptly before. I wonder if he is out of town possibly on vacation or at a rally? I am sure we will hear from him with an apology and explanation.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Boy Oh Boy! Mike is in the field right now doing a show. I'm sure that he will get to it as soon as possible.

As your need is paramount the immediate lack of response via e-mail can be frustrating.

Try using the phone, they have an 800 number. Writing off the expertise of these guys is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #10

THank you for that information. I would have called them in the first place but we are in Mexico and the 800 # is not free. It is 55 cents a minute!!. I understand they have a good rep. but I would not go so far as to say I am cutting off my nose etc. There are a lot of good shops in N.A. I hope they respond on Monday.

Thanks

Moisheh
Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #11

Thanks everyone. Mike responded this a.m. He was at a show.

Moisheh
Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I knew that Mike was at a show, the Escapee's rally in Sacramento. I had the air filter, reprogramming, regapping and new wires installed in Jan. Everything was great, for a while, then my mileage dropped. I emailed Mike and he agreed to meet me outside of Sac., about 100 miles south at Santa Nella. This saved me over two hundred miles of driving. The whole crew was there, they reprogrammed, put on new wires (they suspected a bad one) and sent me on my way. The mileage jumped back up to 7-8 on the way home. I feel that these guy's go out of their way to meet the needs of their customers. My concern now is when are they going to get CARB approval for the air box? This appears to me to be a fine outfit, I only wish they were closer to me.

Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote