Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Brazels RV

As I have lots of family in Washington state I decided to stay at Brazel's RV park where the repair shop is as it was centrally located for me to visit. It is not a great campground for leisure but a great place for people getting their motor homes worked on to wait for parts. I cannot believe the number of units, the diversity of units and the big repairs they make here. I am blown away! Also discovered I have some things that need attention on my HR so I will have it addressed while we are gone on our cruise. The other thing that surprised me was that not one person had a bad word to say about their work, no matter how big the repair bill was. Several said to me that if you want your rig fixed and fixed right this is the place to bring it. I'm glad I planned my trip to come by here.

Thanks,

Alan

2001 HR Scepter 38PBD 330 Cummins

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #2

I agree, prior to going full time, I had my brake system totally overhauled there. They also hosted the Pacific Northwest RV Fest there during that time. A truly great group.

Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I was there today getting new slide topper awnings installed.
Great folks.

Would have loved to have met another "irv2er".
Enjoy your cruise!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
YC1

Spent several days and several thousands and felt like family there. They were swamped but cheerful and helpful. No, not cheap but they know their stuff. Had my MH on their dyno after chipping and changing engine fan. They did not charge for the rv parking either. They did a front end alignment that took about three hours. Incredibly thorough.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
They are very good folks there. When I owned my previous coach, an 04 Tiffin built on a Workhorse chassis, Brazels helped me out more than once by offering advice or sending me needed repair parts while on the road. If we ever make it to the Pacific northwest, I will try real hard to visit their campground and facility.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
They are very good folks there. When I owned my previous coach, an 04 Tiffin built on a Workhorse chassis, Brazels helped me out more than once by offering advice or sending me needed repair parts while on the road. If we ever make it to the Pacific northwest, I will try real hard to visit their campground and facility.

Coastie the campground is not a pleasure campground but more a place to stay while you are getting work done. There was a couple that had to have major work done on their MH which rendered it immobile so they stayed in the shop bay for a few nights.

Thanks,

Alan

Old 08-29-2014, 06:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
I was there today getting new slide topper awnings installed.

Great folks.

Would have loved to have met another "irv2er".

Enjoy your cruise!

Man, we are still here but leaving for our cruise early today. Thank you for the well wishes and we will enjoy it!!

Thanks,

Alan

Old 08-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wilson View Post
Coastie the campground is not a pleasure campground but more a place to stay while you are getting work done. There was a couple that had to have major work done on their MH which rendered it immobile so they stayed in the shop bay for a few nights.

Thanks,

Alan

When I had my brake work done back in 2012, I also spent a night in their bay. They even gave me a key to their man door so I could come and go to walk my dogs. The provided their RV parking spaces to our group for our meet and greet without charge, did a welcome barbeque, provided a golf cart for our "blind" driving course, and other things. True, a couple or three did have work done, but these guys went above and beyond. If I'm ever back in the area and need work, they are the ones I go to.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #9

X2 on Brazels. Had Koni shocks installed, they charged $250 labor. Im a old heavy equip repairman, and probably could have done it in a reasonable time. But after watching them do it I was sooo glad i gave them the job. Well worth the money. They are very fair, VERY good at their jobs and all round nice folks.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Well, have had .my RV serviced there for many years. Cheap, no. Good service, yes. know what they are doing, yes. Nice thing is they do what is asked and keep an eye out for needed service and advise. I'll be there again in a couple month's for the yearly service.

LEN
Old 08-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #11

Rv repair

Couldn't agree more with all the above. Alan is a pleasure to work with. It really is just plain refreshing to work with people that treat you like a "customer" and they want to help you with what ever you are dealing with. Most shops, hell most businesses just run you through like cattle at a slaughter plant and jam your billfold for all they can get. All nice knowledgeable people.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Couldn't agree more with all the above. Alan is a pleasure to work with. It really is just plain refreshing to work with people that treat you like a "customer" and they want to help you with what ever you are dealing with. Most shops, hell most businesses just run you through like cattle at a slaughter plant and jam your billfold for all they can get. All nice knowledgeable people.

Flying Butch, I got to experience what you are talking about first hand at a Camping World a couple of weeks ago. Over $300 to install two shear pins with one still installed wrong they told me they can't get out. Im having Brazel's fix that for me as well.

Thanks,

Alan

Old 08-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Alan, now I remember you!
Your from Iowa and talked to Steve I believe quite a bit about music and such.
I was the fellow sitting in the waiting area who didn't take the one bacon/maple bar doughnut. Still kicking myself for that!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #14

Brazels RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Alan, now I remember you!
Your from Iowa and talked to Steve I believe quite a bit about music and such.
I was the fellow sitting in the waiting area who didn't take the one bacon/maple bar doughnut. Still kicking myself for that!

Yep, that was me. Steve is a super nice guy and we both play guitars. I wanted to thank him for letting us leave our MH there and one thing leads to another and now we need to get together to play! The whole group of guys is great which is why I posted this. I wish more businesses were like this one. After looking at all the things they do I also wish I had about $20k to drop on mods!! Wow! The things they have and can do! I could hang out there for weeks but I think they would run me off because I am a pest! Lol!

Thanks,

Alan

PS: The doughnuts had to come by me first so I grabbed one! Sorry

Tags
brazels