RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #1

Brazels Ultra Power Programmer

Are there any dealers local in Kansas City? I'm sold on giving this programmer a shot.

I guess a better question would be does anyone know of a shop in Kansas City that will do aftermarket items for a fair price? Calling a lot of the dealers and they are out of this world on their labor rates. I was quoted $750 just in labor to install 4 shocks... I was speechless.

Anyway. I'm thinking about doing the Ultra Power combined with the Banks power pack with headers. Chatting with the guys at brazels and they claim it would be about a 100hp/100tq swing from stock with that combination.

Thoughts and recommendations? Thanks!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #2

power

Had one installed by them. It did give more power but no increase in MPG. It will void any warrantee you have. Hard to find any mechanic that will install because of potential problems. Would not do it again. Now as for the banks system. Got a friend who has one on his coach. Great power and gained 3 MPG. For me, I would just do the banks. My two cents

safe travels

FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Had one installed by them. It did give more power but no increase in MPG. It will void any warrantee you have. Hard to find any mechanic that will install because of potential problems. Would not do it again. Now as for the banks system. Got a friend who has one on his coach. Great power and gained 3 MPG. For me, I would just do the banks. My two cents

safe travels

Which chassis/motor do you and your friend have? I have the workhorse. Iíve read that the banks has a much greater effect on the ford v10.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM1N1 View Post
Are there any dealers local in Kansas City? I'm sold on giving this programmer a shot.

I guess a better question would be does anyone know of a shop in Kansas City that will do aftermarket items for a fair price? Calling a lot of the dealers and they are out of this world on their labor rates. I was quoted $750 just in labor to install 4 shocks... I was speechless.

Anyway. I'm thinking about doing the Ultra Power combined with the Banks power pack with headers. Chatting with the guys at brazels and they claim it would be about a 100hp/100tq swing from stock with that combination.

Thoughts and recommendations? Thanks!!!
On a normally aspirated engine, I find this 100hp/100tq claim to be highly unlikely. To get that kind of power increase you would need some serious internal and fuel delivery work done to that motor.

-Kevin
Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfriceman View Post
On a normally aspirated engine, I find this 100hp/100tq claim to be highly unlikely. To get that kind of power increase you would need some serious internal and fuel delivery work done to that motor.

-Kevin

So letís say cut the claims in half. 15% increase in power. Thatís pretty strong. Iím obviously still trying to sell myself on it. Lol

On a side note. Iím also thinking about replacing my thermostat with a 180 degree down from the stock 195 degree. Trying to keep that roaring engine fan at a minimum in the summertime.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:49 AM   #6

I had it done to my last coach. It was an 07 Suncruiser 35A on W24 chassis. I also had Magnum wires and Iridium plugs. I think the theory of improved MPG is you won't spend as much time pressing the gas pedal further, thus increasing mileage.

I didn't find an increase in MPG either, but I did find more power. I noticed climbing power increased as I was traveling the interstates. Mine would down shift to 4th very quickly as I climbed an overpass. Once installed, it would climb the same overpass in 6th.

It's a lot of money, but we put a lot of miles on the Suncruiser before we bought new coach and I never regretted the upgrades. I also did the Koni shocks and again that made a noticeable difference in the ride.

Hope this is helpful. You might want to plan a summer trip to Brazel's and get it done there. We had it done at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Knowing Brazels I would bet they can back up their claim with their Dyno.
Why do you think the 180į will keep the fan slower? If you generate enough heat-power you will still generate that heat. An open thermostat cools as much as possible, the fan pulls more air cooling a bit better. You might gain a bit of time before the fan comes on but using the same power you still need to cool that same amount of heat.

LEN
Old 10-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #8

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Banks until/unless you have a manifold gasket leak. The power pack is a lot of money.

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brazels, power