Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Angry Break-In

My family and I had the unthinkable happen to us. Our coach was broken into and vandalized while parked at our private club. We spent the Thanksgiving weekend in the coach and had a blast. I had plans on using the coach the next weekend so I decided to leave it at the club, something that I have done plenty of time in the past. After 5 days, I headed up to the club to have another great weekend.

Well, it took an ugly turn. Someone had dragged a picnic table over to the driver side of the coach, broke the window by the dinette table and climbed in. At that point it looked like they had a party, drank all my beer and bourbon, then throwing all the empties and what they didn't drink all over the interior. They then proceeded to trash the inside, breaking both TVs, breaking all the windows, broke most of the cabinet drawers, slashed all the chairs and couches, broke all the mirrors, broke off the doors on the microwave, stove and fridge............I could go on but I'm starting to get mad again. As you can see they basically destroyed the interior, completely.

I just can't imagine way someone would do this. It just makes me sick thinking about it. I believe in karma, so who ever is responsible for this will pay for it one way or another.

I'm just glad no one was hurt and that I have insurance, of course I'm sure I'll come out on the losing end somehow.

I can only hope this never happens to anyone else.

ktmnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Very sorry to hear about what happened, I hope if you have insurance that they'll take care of this for you. It's really hard thinking about trying to make everything inside whole again. I beleive in karma too but it won't fix what's happened. Ours was messed up outside a few times when they tried to get in but didn't. I moved it to a different storage place and havn't had problems since. Hope this ends up on a positive note for you guys...try to have a nice Holiday in spite of it.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry to hear this. Take plenty of photos and any you have prior as well for insurance purposes. List everything damaged and also did contact local LEO"s. Had to be fingerprints left behind. I understand your frustration and DW and I had a house broken into years ago and we sold it because she couldn't stand it anymore.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your break-in. We have had our stick house broken into but not our RV, yet. We store our boat in a storage lot on a military base and last year while checking on the boat my wife noticed that the RV next to our boat had a broken window. I called the Military Police and while waiting for them to arrive my wife walked around and found other windows broken. About 5 motorhomes and travel trailers had been broken into. The police said that they thought they knew who it was as a paint ball area had also been broken into near by. I wouldn't want to be the parents of those kids on a military base.

Take care.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very sorry to hear about your substantial loss.......it sounds like a targeted example of the "have nots" attacking the possessions of the "haves". Sadlly, we likely will see more of this...... Class Warfare is being actively promoted and is in full force and growing! Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #6

Unfortunately, the "have nots" may well be "haves." I've run into a few people who seem to think that they have an absolute right to "party" (read "make a mess") in someone else's place because no one was home at the time. One young man was absolutely dumbfounded when the police showed up on his doorstep. He had no idea that he had done anything wrong, since "no one lived there anyway." I've lost track of him, but I suspect that he is mostly living at state expense in state-assigned quarters.
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:45 PM   #7

I am a little surprised that no one at your private club noticed the break in. I would suspect maybe an inside job or at least someone that belongs to your club as well.

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Would you please post insurance co., claim progress and results. Could help others in deciding which co. to go with or stay away from.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your break-in. Unfortunately some peoples idea of fun is ruining other peoples possessions.
zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Of Rodents and Hammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
The police said that they thought they knew who it was as a paint ball area had also been broken into near by. I wouldn't want to be the parents of those kids on a military base...
Our private community has an occasional crop of young vandals/burglars, dealing with them decisively and permanently is like playing a slo-mo version of Whack a Mole.

The military is superior: teens at Laughlin AFB in Del Rio decided they'd impose themselves on the community by roaming the neighborhoods, smashing lights of parked cars.

Not the following day, but the day after, moving vans were parked in front of their families' homes.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry for your loss. It may be just the loss or destruction of stuff but what I could not ever get over or forgive the was the fact that some people think so little of others and society that they would even do this. It is an intentional wanton violation of others that gives them some sort of thrill or power trip. When my house was broken into they took a dump on the living room rug as symbol of there disdain for good people. I still fantasize on what I would do if I caught them but not often. I will not give them the satisfaction of letting it gnaw at me, but I sure would smile if I could live out my fantasy. Best of luck.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
In this experience, I'm wondering if it might be a good idea for RV owners to consider installing one of those "hidden" security cameras that run on 12 volt. Wired Monochrome Hidden Screw Camera Some also will record on SD cards.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
So sorry to hear of the damage done to your coach. The times we live in are not what they used to be, kids nowadays have no respect or ambition to work and earn what they want....sad state of affairs indeed. I believe in "what goes around, come around" , those that do bad things, will be paid back 10 fold. Blessings to you and yours.....
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeW View Post
I am a little surprised that no one at your private club noticed the break in. I would suspect maybe an inside job or at least someone that belongs to your club as well.

X2
Sorry to hear about your problems .

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It! Motor-T

"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote