Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #1

Break Lights not working on GB Landau ,Ford,V10

Need some electrical help. My break lights not working, but the center bar break lite does work. Tail lights and turn signals good. Noticed my emergency flashers don't work either. Have a Ford F53 chassis wiring diagram which shows the stoplight switch leads to the Emer Warning flasher and Emer Warning switch so are they related. Could the Emergency Warning Flasher be preventing my break lights from working. Looked under dash and I can't find the flasher canister. Anyone know where it is. By the way this is a 99 model year.
midwaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did you break your brake lights?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #3

midwaydave-

Welcome to iRV2!

Put on a turn signal and then find the flasher by the clicking sound. Ford uses a single flasher (as always, your model year chassis may be different).
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #4

There is a switch on the brake pedal. Flashers, since the parking lights and possibly others might be a separate problem.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #5

Check for a brake light fuse....the bulbs use the same filament for the brake lights and the 4 ways
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwaydave View Post
Need some electrical help. My break lights not working, but the center bar break lite does work. Tail lights and turn signals good. Noticed my emergency flashers don't work either. Have a Ford F53 chassis wiring diagram which shows the stoplight switch leads to the Emer Warning flasher and Emer Warning switch so are they related. Could the Emergency Warning Flasher be preventing my break lights from working. Looked under dash and I can't find the flasher canister. Anyone know where it is. By the way this is a 99 model year.
B R A K E !
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-18-2018, 05:40 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Midwaydave; Welcome to the forum.

A common problem on early model F53s was the connector plug on the turn signal / 4 way flasher switch falling out. The little tab that holds the connector on the switch breaks off, then the connector can slide off of the switch. Mine was intermittent, I discovered it when I was fixing the OD wires in the shifter lever.

Take a look at the article, also, many of the articles on my site may apply to your 1999 F53 also.

Repair overdrive button on shift column – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Can you tell me where I can get the wiring diagram for my 2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit, f53
RvAlexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Can you tell me where I can get the wiring diagram for my 2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit, f53
I have diagrams for my ole 2001 Mirada on that web site. Your 2003 should be almost identicle.

look at the DOWNLOADS page and get the file list. One file contains the Table of Contents:

http://2001mirada.com/DOWNLOAD/Elect...iagram_TOC.pdf

Look at the download page:

DOWNLOADS – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #11

The flasher for the turn signals seems to be working as my turn signals are working. I have a wiring diagram ford the ford F53 but it only shows a emergency flasher. Also shows a fuse 20 amp supplying flasher but doesn't show a flasher for turn. Are you saying the flasher is for both turn and break and emergency lights. Is there some Ford that have a flasher for the emergency warning lights only.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #12

cant find a switch for break lights on the break pedal
Old 10-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Did you break your brake lights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyman View Post
B R A K E !
Ya'll best be careful! I've received warnings for correcting spelling on this forum; even when it changed the entire context of the post.

Quote:
cant find a switch for break lights on the break pedal
How about a switch for brake lights on the brake pedal?

Sorry, couldn't resist!
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Hi do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for my 2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit LS
RvAlexa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, light, lights, v10