Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

Bunkhouse with bath 1/2 and...??

I've been looking hard for a dp floor plan that is kid friendly (5 and 8 yr old) and has bath and a half. Must have residential fridge, and have a true 7k plus tow capability.

Maybe I'm not looking at right places, but man the choices seem limited! Palazzo has one, but the xcs chassis leaves a lot to be desired for storage and frankly it seems cheap. Newmar ventana 4040 might work but I do not like the tv location whatsoever. I like the 4002 ventana but wouldn't have the bunks and kids would have to sleep on couch right in front of the televator...and then have their stuff sitting out in the open...

So what dp models do some of you have with kids?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #2

Order one and get what you want. That's what we did. 2017 Ventanna LE 4037. Going into production July 22 nd.

Newmar Hoots looking for a roost
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Couple diesel bunkhouses....

Ventana LE floor plan options | Newmar

4042 Ventana LE meet your needs? Or 4310 Ventana ?

Phaeton - Class A Motorhome | Tiffin Motorhomes

Tiffin Phaeton 40QKH ? (single bath)
Kiawah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's a diesel bunkhouse that was just listed for sale:

2015 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Cary, North Carolina | RVT.com - 159252

Might not be exactly all the req's you stated, but looks low mileage and really clean with upgraded features. Given the difficulty in finding bunkbeds, you may want to check it out.
Kiawah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #5

The ventana le 4042 is about as close as I can find. Better floor plan than the 2016 4040. I assume one could get a booth vs the dinette and chairs. The tiffin 38 can't be had with residential fridge and I don't want to be going back to a Rv fridge. Bath and half is a must as four people in one bath is just too tight...especially on 3-4 week trips (on one now and after 22 days, I am looking forward to getting home). The 4042 is definitely in the lead for now. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2016, 02:43 AM   #6

I'm in the same situation, but with twin 5 year old. Was leaning towards palazzo, what's the issue with the chassis?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:33 AM   #7

The chassis for the Palazzo is a Freightliner XCS, which sits lower, a lower center of gravity, provides for a lower 11'9" overall coach ride height, and requires only a single entry step(which is sometimes not even needed).

Rather than the normal chassis 'open' type storage bays, the Palazzo(and the ForestRiver Legacy) utilizes custom built compartments. While there might be slightly less sq footage for storage, we have found that there is plenty of overall room. Most models also have a full pass-thru double-door main bay, as well.

While the front electric bunk was a big draw for us and our two teen boys, we actually use it for storage, while the boys enjoy their private bunks. Each has their own TV, window, fan, and privacy curtain(we removed and stored the bunk doors).
Our 33.3 has a single Full mid-bath, which works fine for us, and the orientation of the rear queen bed is more enjoyable to us than the normal 'in slide' type.

What I also appreciate is that you have access to everything when in ride mode - fridge, bath, and bedroom. ; )

'14 FordFocus, KingTailgater2 DishHD, 200w/10a mobile SOLAR, 75,000+ miles
all continental US states, Alaska, and yes, most of Canada!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #8

The overhead bunk is a great feature of the palazzo for sure. The storage compartments are limited due to the straight chassis...i.e. The frame rail goes right through the storage area vs above it...I doubt I could get my camp chef 3 burner stove (and storage bag) into one of the compartments because of that...let alone other large items. I do like the mid entry door also

Looks like the 2017 ventana le 4042 cannot be had with dinette which is a deal breaker for me. Search will continue
Old 07-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #9

The Berkshire models have bunk units that may work for you. We have used ours extensively to sleep our twins when they were younger and this past weekend we had our twins and their boyfriends and us all very comfy in our rig.

The model that may work for you is the 38A. Check it out.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
The Berkshire models have bunk units that may work for you. We have used ours extensively to sleep our twins when they were younger and this past weekend we had our twins and their boyfriends and us all very comfy in our rig.

The model that may work for you is the 38A. Check it out.

The 38a was actually at the top of my list until I saw the carrying capacity on it. Local one had a yellow sticker of 2xxx lbs. that might actually be my favorite floor plan of them all. It just doesn't have the ncc or tow capacity I am looking for
Old 07-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #11
WDW

Well if you can forgo the diesel, we recommend a Coachmen 35 BH. There is a Georgetown equivalent but it has smaller bathrooms. The Winnebago does not have a residential fridge. Our Coachmen has over 4K cargo capacity.

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Western New York

WDW is offline   Reply With Quote