Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2015, 11:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RndmTraveler View Post
We bought a used (2011) Storm 32 BH last year, moving up from a class C. We did 6000+ miles with it this year, lots of mountains and down the 101 to San Francisco, pulling a VW Beetle.

We’ve had ZERO issues with it. Everything worked as intended, which is rare with motorhomes of any price.

The Storm uses the same materials, (also has solid wood doors), blind hinges, It has the same Ford chassis and standard appliances you’ll find with the competition. I’ve spent 2 years reading and comparing coaches, just like most people do. My experience: you need to go see them for yourself. I would never buy a motorhome because of the brand name. They’re basically all the same.

Our 32’ Storm has a great floor plan with the breakfast nook/bunk beds. We’ve been thinking about trading it in for a diesel because we’re planning a few cross country trips next year. The problem is that my wife doesn’t like any of the floor plans and material/color choices in the ‘older’ (2007-2010) coaches we’re looking at. Based on our actual experience, we find the Storm to be a great coach at an affordable price.

This can't be a real reply ? I would never buy a motorhome because of the brand name. They're basically all the same. Please don't fallow this advice. They are NOT basically all the same. That sounds like something a used car salesman would say or someone selling you something just to make a sale. Good luck with your search and purchase. Do your research and listen to your gut if it tells you to walk away or better yet run from the deal.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NewRVers View Post
This can't be a real reply ? I would never buy a motorhome because of the brand name. They're basically all the same. Please don't fallow this advice. They are NOT basically all the same. That sounds like something a used car salesman would say or someone selling you something just to make a sale. Good luck with your search and purchase. Do your research and listen to your gut if it tells you to walk away or better yet run from the deal.
X2...although they may use some of the same components when it comes to the fridges/appliances/ AC/Heaters ect. they are not all engineered the same. For example they may be putting the MH on a smaller chassis, even though it's from Ford, some MFG's order them with bigger chassis and added options. Look at the tires 19.5 vs 22.5...The cabinets/doors/roofs/insulation/ducting are not all the same..like said go look at them and drive them and you will definately notice a difference. That is a basic salesman tactic telling you they are all basically the same, if that is the case why do some dealers carry several different brands, with price differences of $20,000-40,0000 for the same size and floorplans ect. If they were all the same they would only sell the lowest end units and the higher price ones would sit(which is actually opposite of what really happens).

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #17

X3 with the above two comments.

The Storm is an entry level coach and should only be compared with other entry level coaches. To compare the Storm with other MFG's top of the line wouldn't be a fair comparison. My next upgrade may not be a Fleetwood, it may or may not depending on many factors. My current Fleetwood has been a very good experience as I expected. If you do you homework you won't have many surprises.

I will say there are several manufacturers to stay away from that are not even a consideration, for me anyway.

For the money Fleetwood has a good line of coaches from top to bottom. Like all RV's including boats and such, each model and year will have their lemons and their gems, some MFG's have too many lemons and not enough gems.

This blog is priceless and has given me more information than any other resource. I did pay for the other RV review services but nothing was as good as this blog.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #18

I guess I wasn’t clear in my reply… which, by the way is a ‘real’ reply.

You need to compare apples with apples… The OP asked specifically about the Storm. In my reply I mentioned comparing the Storm with its competition, such as the Vista, Ace, FR3, etc.. The Vista was mentioned in an earlier post as being much better.

I actually looked at both the Storm and Vista. What I was referring to in my reply is the fact that units in the same price class from different manufacturers are pretty comparable. For example, In this case both the Storm and Vista are on the same 18000 Lbs. chassis, same wheel size, same materials inside, etc.

Tags
fleetwood