Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
I just wanna know what Knotthead would pay more than someone is asking??? I do have tings for sale if you are buying

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #58

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Lots of posts, so I am not sure this has been mentioned, however Camping World, does not own or operate RV sales. The name is licensed out, just like any other dealership.

fred

Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #59

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist5 View Post
I just wanna know what Knotthead would pay more than someone is asking??? I do have tings for sale if you are buying

I've seen it happen. Two or more people want the same property and a bidding war ensues. More common than you'd think. Happens every day on Ebay.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #60

We had every intention of going this past weekend to seriously check into purchasing a motorhome. Thursday evening we had a small storm roll through. Friday when I got home from work, the DW said you better go take a look. Some of the vinyl siding on the backside of the house had come loose and was hanging. Saturday was spent on a ladder repairing said siding. No Problem. As I was on the ladder, I decided to take a look at the roof. The shingles are exactly 20 yrs. old and it looks like I will be spending some bucks on a new roof. Well, theres always next year! Until then, I will be here asking questions. Thanks everyone.
chazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #61

Sorry to hear about all the damage. Sounds like your roof was getting close to needing some attention anyway. You are right, there is always next year. Stick around and keep asking all the questions you can come up with. You never know when that special deal will surface.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi all newbie here & looking to buy our first motorhome. Going to a local dealer tomorrow to put in an offer on a 1994 Pace Arrow but have some similar models picked out on RV Trader & CW. My question is if there is an independent RV inspector service that we could contract with in other States to look over any units that are too far to travel to similar to a house inspection service done before buying a house? Tried google but have had no luck. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #63

buying an rv or any vehicles from whom is always an individual thing... some people like to buy that from dealers they feel a sense of peace, considering extra money worth it; while the people on the other side of aisle prefer buying from individuals - the original owners, mostly resulting in huge savings. can't say who is right. i am among the latter though. i believe the OOs' prices reflect real market, uninflated. i do recommend to have a mechanic to do ppi, as i did. you can keep shopping there are a lot of nice and super value coaches out there. patience and more homework will render you an ideal one with lot of savings.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #64

joemcgin, all I could recommend is you plan a weekend trip to someplace say in Florida or Phoenix out west if closer and line up as many stops as you can. The large retirement population in areas like this are full of deals to be had, especially with consignment units that a spouse has died and the surviving spouse, usually the wife, is looking to get rid of their rig as fast as possible. I've been told many times regardless of price.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you for the suggestions. We did not reach a deal Friday and I walked out of the dealership when the salesman wouldn't even consider my offer. Plenty more out there to look at. As this is our first buying experience we are looking to build a long term relationship with a dealership for the next 20 years to include service, store supply's, parts and 2-3 more RV purchases. This dealership may not be the one for us then. Will keep plugging.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. We did not reach a deal Friday and I walked out of the dealership when the salesman wouldn't even consider my offer. Plenty more out there to look at. As this is our first buying experience we are looking to build a long term relationship with a dealership for the next 20 years to include service, store supply's, parts and 2-3 more RV purchases. This dealership may not be the one for us then. Will keep plugging.
I would not worry about building a relationship with a dealer. Two of my local dealerships have been around a good while... but they are fleecing customers like haircut day at a sheep farm.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #67

Try looking at what RVONE has. They have four dealerships, Orlando, Buffalo, Albany and DesMoines. They told me when I bought there last July that they do things different and my experience tells me they do. Especially with making good on promises that all will be fixed on your rig as promised at the time of purchase. Buying new from them they do not hide the true from the manufacturer MSRP so you can negotiate your price from there, not some bogus made up number.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks again guys - called the Albany RV One dealer and they have a 1996 Bounder they will put some pictures together on and a description sheet and email it out to me. We are looking to spend no more than $6,000 right now and use it for 2 seasons to get an idea what we want for our next purchase somewhere in the $25-$35 K price range. Unfortunately anything in between really falls into a gray area as you can't get a loan for about 3 years and $12-$15 K on a 15 year old coach and we would rather use that kind of cash on a down payment for a much newer unit. Plenty of those units available but locally but can't do anything with them.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #69

Take the sales person out on the lot and ask him roughly how many units they have in stock. Let him come up with a number. Then ask him how much it costs every day to cover the cost of floorplan interest, overhead, etc. Then ask how many days does a unit have to sit on the lot before their profit margin goes up in smoke! Then, a smart sales person will have the light bulb go on and say something like, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".
Old 03-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #70

price at cw

2013 winnie vista at camping world 77000 total. price at lazy days 69875 total

Tags
camping