Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Buying Motorhome

Wondering if anyone here has purchased a motorhome from Dixie RV in Hammond Louisiana, if so what kind of service have you received. Looking at a 2011 Phaeton 40QBH.
eav1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Nice freakin coach..Don't matter who you buy it from...It's a Tiffin....Nuff Said
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1952 View Post
Wondering if anyone here has purchased a motorhome from Dixie RV in Hammond Louisiana, if so what kind of service have you received. Looking at a 2011 Phaeton 40QBH.
Check out the Tiffin RV Network forum and ask your question there. I'm sure you will find somebody that has purchased from them.

TiffinRVNetwork

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I live near Dixie RV in Hammond and have purchased a few RV's from them. When it came to my MH I went to Lazydays in Tampa. Dixie can give you a good deal if they decide to, for me they didn't. As far as the service I was taught that if you can't say anything good about someone then don't say anything at all. I use RV Shop in Baton Rouge for my service and repair and I am very satisfied with them. You are getting a great coach, enjoy it.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Not sure on the dealer - but great coach choice.

Good luck
Larry & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Buying Motorhome

Thanks everyone for the replies, we live in Southeast Texas and looking to find a dealer thats kinda close to home. We been to Dixie RV in Hammond Louisiana, DeMontrond in Houston Texas and Ancira RV in Boerne Texas, anyone purchase from any of these dealers?

Thanks
Eddie and Nina
eav1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
a k

Newmar Owners Club
If your looking for a new RV, I'd put it out for bid. Get three or four or more dealers and let them know your getting prices from different ones. Just me . You won't believe the difference.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
eav1952, I second Jon's suggestion that you post the question on TiffinRVNetwork and also that you put it out for bid. On the TiffinRVNetwork they can suggest the best dealers to have bid on it.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We didn't purchase from Dixie, UNFORTUNATELY...we purchased from that place down the road a few miles. They orphaned us within a month, said they weren't doing any work for Fleetwood. We called Dixie, and even though we didn't buy our coach from them, they took us in, did all our warrenty work and have been our dealer of choice now for over a year!! We love our coach and hope to not have to buy another one...but if I did, Dixie would have first shot. Their service dept is TOP notch, Scott and his crew do what they say, when they say and make SURE you are happy. This dealer had some issues several years ago. They know it, and have worked very hard to overcome it. Give them a chance, good luck on your search!!
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote