Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Send a message via Skype™ to mjwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post

Alan, was that the total price, mount & balance, tax, etc?
I was just checking that out. Going tosee if i can find local dealer tomorrow.
mjwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
My opinion is that Michlean tires are way over priced and over rated. Last set I purchased had to be replaced at 3 years due to sidewall cracking.
I once had a Chevy C30 pickup that spun a rod bearing at 57K miles - so I formed my opinion that Chevy was over-rated and built crap. I now drive a motorhome with a Chevy engine in it.

I don't have a problem with people not liking a brand - I will stick with what works for me. The tires I just replaced were date code 3506, except for the left front, which was 3205 for some reason. The 06 tires all looked great; the 05 tire had major sidewall cracking everywhere there was text, or other raised edges molded into the tire. The coach has just under 17K miles on it, so the tread depth was not an issue - I replaced them due to age.

If you had sidewall cracking at 3 years then I suspect there were issues with those particular tires, rather than with the manufacturer.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Just replaced steer axle tires on our couch today. After alot of research chose Continental HSL2 ECO + 275/80R22.5 LOAD RANGE H... Found good reviews on these, mid priced and hope they weather ok... As others have said watch the born date, but also the load ratings. Tire dealer almost sold me on a lower load range rated Firestone..
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post

We just got new tires all the way around through the FMCA program - Michelin XCE in 235/80R22.5 for $413.58 each - a savings of $89.97 off the regular price of the tire!
I did all my tires in Dec with the Michelin 295/80/22.5 through fmca. Was the best price overall. About 700ea installed. The dealer I used gave me 100$ea.for my 7yr. Old GYg670's. Bridgestone was my next choice. 2000miles on them now and the ride is noticabely better.
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #19

I had a friend go with TOYOs and he says he can not feel any difference.

I sure see a lot of TOYOs on big rigs. I will look close at them soon. My tires are 5 years old.
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I really hope that they're good as I just put 4 265/75R/22.5's on the back of my Tradewinds. They were about $1850,mounted,balanced and out the door at my local Les Schwab. That was about $500 less than a FMCA Michelin after his charges.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote