Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #1

Buying tires in New England

Anyone have any dealer suggestions - in New England - for tires - 295 80R 22.5 load range H for a 2006 Monaco Camelot. I'm not real particular about brands - Goodyear, Michelin, Toyo etc. Looking for a good deal. I want the tires, mounted, balanced, and a front end alignment. Would like one dealer who can do it all.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
Hossandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
New England Truck Tire has several locations and are well equipped. I have bought two sets of MIchelins from them and would go back for #3 when the time comes.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might want to check out Pete's Tire Barn. They have locations throughout New England. We spent the past few months looking at RV's - some of them needing new tires - and from multiple dealers Pete's Tire Barn always came up as a recommendation.

We ended up buying an '05 National RV Sea Breeze from a dealer in RI and as part of the deal 4 new rear tires were to be included. They contracted out to Pete's for 4 x Firestone FS560+ 245/70R19.5 G Rated Tires at a cost of:

tires: $302.45 + 9.83 FET = 312.38/tire
mount/dismount/spin drop ctr: $16.00/tire
clamp type tubeless valve: $4.25/tire
recycling fee: $5.00/tire

for a total of 1429.25 installed with Parts, Labor, Tax & F.E.T

Before we purchased this RV, we were looking at a few that we'd be buying tires for ourselves. I priced out Pete's, Sullivan Tire, Firestone Tire Centers, Town Fair Tire and a couple of other locals, and Pete's and Town Fair Tire were the best deals, and close in price.

Good luck on your search
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Yuo are going to be shocked - the 295/80R22.5 is one of the most expensive tires you can get. It's used only on RVs, so not volume production or price competition as there is in sizes commonly used on trucks.

You might consider switching to 11R22.5, which is essentially identical in size but slightly less load capacity. If the weight range is sufficient for your coach, you can save about $200/tire. I just put four on the back of mine to replace the 295/80's. Can't use them on the front though - they come up a bit short on weight capacity there.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #5

Thanks for the info folks. I knew the 295's were expensive but because of load capacity (we live in the thing) I need to stick with them. I'll check out the 2 noted. Thanks again.
Hossandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Doesn't Monaco have a deal with Michelin (FMCA does now) for tires at a good price? You have to go through channels to get the price and the dealer won't know what you you will actually pay when you buy.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires