Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Strange Buzzing Sound

Had a strange buzzing sound coming from what seemed like the left side of the dash. It started after I'd been on the road for a few hours, had no warning lights, all gauges looked good. No loss of power, no funny ordors. I drove with it for a few miles before was able to pull over. It continued even after I shut off the engine. I started the engine back up, and when I put it back in drive it went away.

Steve & Dora
2005 Fleetwood Terra 32s
Steve&Dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
During the re-start and shifting........you must of knocked the "Bee-Hive" off the firewall Steve.......
Hard to tell what it could of been, just hope it does not come back......

2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Its a reminder that you bought a Diesel
homeless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
Beehive almost makes sense.
And it isn't a diesel but the 8.1 Workhorse chassis.
I think it must have something to do with the "house" part as it kept going even after the engine was off. Was similar to the noise I get when I shift out of park., this unit having the AutoPark feature
Steve & Dora
2005 Fleetwood Terra 32s
Old 06-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #5

Were you running with the headlights on , wipers going, cruise control , air conditioning.
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #6
Just the daylight running lights, no wipers or AC. I had been using the cruise control on and off. That didn't seem to want to come back on right away after restarting it. But after a few minutes it was working ok.
Steve & Dora
2005 Fleetwood Terra 32s
Old 06-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Look under Rv to see if all leveling jacks are fully up, one may be stuck and did not
fully retract. If stuck, lower them , spray with a silicon lubricant and try retracting.
Also, jacks oil tank could be low on fluid causing buzzing or warning sound from leveling
control panel.
Ellen & Greg
05 National Dolphin 5342
Workhorse W22 FMCA # F431548
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
I had checked the jacks before we left and they were all up, plus when they aren't I have a warning light on the jack pad. I will check the oil level in the canister.
Steve & Dora
2005 Fleetwood Terra 32s
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
Steve & Dora,

I had a similar buzz come on from the left front speaker at what I thought was random times. I now am convinced that it is the speaker that is related to the microphone associated with the rear backing monitor because it comes on when I put the shift into reverse. Sometimes it stays on when I then shift to Drive, and then later on it "releases" (for lack of a better phrasing) and the speaker goes silent. This has been fairly consistent since we bought our MH in April. Maybe this is similar to your buzz. Good luck.
Butch and Peggy
N.Central TX; 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 32V; Workhorse P-32 Chassis; 7.4L Vortec V-8 w/Banks Pwr Sys; Steer Safe; Springs/Airbags front; Timbren Suspension kit on rear; Onan 5K
peggwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #10
I had a buzzing sound as well. Traced it down to the turn signal indicator stick. When I applied a bit of pressure on it the sound stopped. Now forget what I've just written. This took me a year of hair pulling tracking this source down. Had the part replaced only to have it continue. Hours of a mechanic also pulling his hair out it turned out it was a poor ground connection. Simple but costly fix. Good luck.
ijimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
Monaco Owners Club
On our last trip, a buzz, rattle noise started up. Seamed to be coming from the front of the MH above the Genny or maybe under the dash.

Turned out to be the vacuum pump not shutting off. Had to keep getting out to tap it every hour or so. Obviously the switch was sticking.

When we finally got below about 7500 ft. elevation, the switch quit sticking.

2002 38' Diplomat
Keith & Shirley
Durant, OK
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote