Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, well, well.

Damon.

A name from the past. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Dirk! Ok I will bite? What's that mean? Does he owe you a Kobe Steak also?? Paul

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
He used to be a top Newmar salesman.

He doesn't owe me anything.

I've heard so much about the fabled Kobe steak, I'm going to save up and see for myself.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #31
Administrator Emeritus

After seeing those pics and after owning two 45 foot coaches, I'm befuddled as to what the lure is to own one....

Seems to me you'd lose so much space and for me I'd rather have the space and then just go out under the awning and sit in a chair....

Just another gimmick to me...... but what do I know.

Speaking of recent gimmicks, I'd much prefer the roof top thingy...... LOL!!
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A pack of wild pigs at dusk is not fun when you are both at the same level and in close proximity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortunately, it doesn't occur often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not in Delaware however if you lived one hour north of my location it would happen nightly if your patio was not raised and gated.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #33
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd much prefer the roof top thingy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Airstream roof top patio?

That was just another bad idea that someone thought was a good idea, and it's long gone.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It sure looked great. It also looked like it could be a leak nightmare waiting to happen.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #35
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
Have a look at the movie that they have posted on their site webmaster@countrycoach.com It explains many of the previous questions. It looks interesting.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Looks like wasted space to me..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #37

We just toured that coach at the Escapee's rally in Gillette, WY. Kind of interesting. It's a 52,000 lb. coach with less than 2,500
lb. of cargo capacity. The veranda is pretty neat until you think about extending it in the typical RV space. I guess you could pass the grey poupon to your neighbor without having to descend to street level. The best part? On the frame of the sliding glass door leading out onto the veranda, the door latches very plainly have the word "FLEETWOOD" stamped on the base plates. Cracked us up along with everyone else present. Even took a picture. Anyhow, must agree, interesting concept but probably pointless for us average RVers. But hey, they're trying!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #38

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I think it's neat to see something new anyway, even if I could never afford it </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #39

They had 2 on display at Lazy days when we were there, the last week of July. Two different floor plans. One had the kitchen sink right by the sliding doors, so you could use it from the inside or outside on the deck. We liked the other model better, seemed more spacious. I wouldn't want to have either one, because of the loss of space.
They have there own table and chairs for the veranda, plus the TV.
Tom

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
ItstheTrip, Thanks for posting the CCC or Cargo Carry Capacity. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a 52,000 lb. coach with less than 2,500 lb. of cargo capacity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'd wondered about it and also about the possible loss of storage. Based upon our experience and what I've read, full-timers should expect to carry 2000-3000 pounds of "stuff". The lack of CCC is the primary reason we traded our 2007 La Palma for the 2008 Cayman. Our CCC is now more than 4600.

I like to see new ideas and improvements with RVs. Hopefully it will keep the manufacturers in business and RVers interested.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
There were several Veranda models on display at the FMCA rally in St. Paul, Mn. I was told by one of the sales reps that they had sold 9 of them at a Country Coach pre-rally. Now, remember this was a sales rep telling me this, so take it with a grain of salt. But anyway it a feature to sell a different high end motorhome. If you like to travel alot it is not pratical, but if you own an RV lot and sit for months at a time this might be for you.
tbussche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #42

The Veranda has a great concept.
I have been in several of them.
There not for everyone. But if you plan to stay parked in one spot for a few days. You would really enjoy it.