Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #29

Wow.

Thank you John for your prompt and somewhat snarky response.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #30

Jeff, Lazydays in Tucson is a Thor dealer, they are right off I-10 on Irvington Road. Maybe they can help you get the part.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #31

Thanks for that Lisa. I'm not sure how Thor determines what a dealer is. Thor's website searches dealers and service centers separately. They list the closest dealer to AZ is in San Marcos CA. They list numerous service centers in AZ, so I guess I'll check those.

I stopped in the Avondale Camping World to check their parts dept last week to inquire about my part (no go) and noticed they have some new Challengers, Tuscanys and Palazzos for sale, but they are not a Thor dealer?!

I also called the most local listed Newmar dealer in Mesa to inquire about the part that John was kind enough to alert me of, and they said they stock no parts, and it was the parts dept I called?!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:59 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call Newmar Customer Service in Nappanee. 800 731-8300
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #33

Jeff,
That is so strange. We bought our ACE 30.1 at Lazydays last March. It is up there now for warranty work.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #34
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See a piece here:
OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #35

Would think this ClosetMaid 1 in. White Wall Clip Set for Ventilated Wire Shelving-7546 - The Home Depot wire closet shelf clip would work.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #36
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by phays View Post
Great idea, but unfortunately, the bin door "kickstand" being discussed here is a rather robust 5/8" rod.

These shelf clips are VERY stiff and don't expand for a rod that thick...tried it with no success

But thanks
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #37

Wow, didn't realize that rod was 5/8". Robust for the job it has to do is an understatement. Then, so far I vote for the Terry clips.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #38

Try McMaster Carr. Look under tool clips. I see several that match what your looking for.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:38 AM   #39
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Great idea, but unfortunately, the bin door "kickstand" being discussed here is a rather robust 5/8" rod.

These shelf clips are VERY stiff and don't expand for a rod that thick...tried it with no success

But thanks
Oops, intended to type 5/16" rod....sorry about that.

Those shelf clips were just too tight for easy/quick kick-stand use.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 AM   #40

Here is what looks like a steel version of that clip:
LocHook 1/4 in. - 1/2 in. Hold Range 7/8 in. Projection Steel Extended Spring Clip for LocBoard (5-Pack)-53105.0 - The Home Depot

Quote:
LocHook

1/4 in. - 1/2 in. Hold Range 7/8 in. Projection Steel Extended Spring Clip for LocBoard (5-Pack)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
JeffAZ, You said that you'd MacGiver it to work. Well this is how to do just that.

First buy the larger plastic clip from post #26. Yes it is for a larger diameter rod but that should make it much stronger and therefore should outlast your motor home. Now just take some plastic tape and wrap it around the rod until it is large enough easily fit into the larger clip. That's an easy fix.

You might find a piece of plastic tubing that would work to slightly increase the diameter of your 1/4" rod so it will work. Just the right sized clear plastic tube heated up in boiling water to soften it then just slip it over the rod.

A better and even more permanent fix would be to use a couple of different sized heat shrink tubing and layer it until the rod is of sufficient size to easily clip in and out. That shrink tubing is stronger than plastic tape and it won't unravel either. Just slip a piece at the spot and heat it. Do another layer until it's fat enough to work.

That's three ways to make it work. I think the best would be the shrink tubing. If applied properly it won't slip. Maybe even a bit of silicone under the first piece of tubing would permanently hold it.

Here's something that I did with the shrink tubing and it work very well.

I wanted to use some flexible rubber hoses to allow easier checking and fill my tire pressure on the inner rear tires. The flexible hoses can be covered with a woven steel mesh which makes them much less able to wear but they are still (IMHO) to flexible. I used two different sizes of heat shrink tubing and layered it. Now the hose is less flexible so it can't flop around as we travel. That fact alone will almost assure that those hoses won't break from constant movement.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Looking at your picture I think if you pick up one of these bolt type locks you can use just the small piece that the bolt slides in. Everbilt 2-1/2 in. Zinc-Plated Barrel Bolt-15142 - The Home Depot Just turn the small piece side ways and drop the part of your rod that is angled down into it and the should work just fine.

Tags
cat