Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #1

Calling all Intec backup camera owners, replacement options

I have wanted to replace my Intec monitor and camera in my 2000 Country Coach. I wanted this to look like a factory install so I did my homework and went with a set up from rearview safety. I bought a 7" color monitor and a small square camera that I hoped would fit into my rear camera housing. There was a good return policy so I thought, why not?

I removed the old monitor, made a bracket so I could mount my new monitor. I then cut off the plugs off of the old wiring and wired everything to the new system using the diagrams from rear view safety. Believe me it was nerve racking cutting off the new plugs on the cable I had just bought!

I then went to the rear of the coach and took off the access panel to the rear camera. I decided to take my dremel and cut the housing enough to remove the old circuit board and camera and hopefully install my new camera. I was able to cut the housing, take some needle nose pliers and break out the circuit board and camera. I then installed my new camera and it fit into the housing! I decided to cut the plug off the new camera and wire it up. After wiring it, I gave it a shot, I turned on the ignition and viola! it worked!. I was able to adjust the camera for the best view and it works great and it looks like a factory install.

If you have basic mechanical skills, wire splicing, bracket building etc, then this project will be a breeze. See the pics, hopefully it will help others to give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3899.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	129772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3966.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	129773  

Name:	IMG_3907.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	129774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3905.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	129775  

Name:	IMG_3904.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	129777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3900.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	129778  

Name:	IMG_3906.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	129779  
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Calling all Intec backup camera owners, replacement options

Great job! What is the part number on that camera? I'm looking to to the same on my '98 Country Coach Allure (has the same Intec monitor, camera and lens housing), but the camera I saw with their 7" monitor set has a larger camera for an external mount. Is the field of view for your setup suitable to your liking?

This was my previous questions about using the RVS to replace the Intec with housing.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/late...ml#post2407121

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #3

The camera is a RVS-BV-713. They have an option for infra-red and one without. They will let you mix and match any camera to any monitor. The 5" monitor would have been a perfect fit for the hole in my dash, but I wanted a larger screen. The field of view is great, but I don't have anything to compare it to since my Intec never worked since I owned the coach. If anyone has any questions, PM me your number and I will give you a call.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:23 AM   #4

Nice job. Do you have a pic of the actual view? Curious about quality of the image?!
gerdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:59 AM   #5

That's awesome. Our 2000 Allure has a working camera and monitor but the video quality is not great compared to todays equipment. I would love more info and pics as this would be a wanted upgrade. I don't think the 7" will fit as we have a silverleaf mounted in the center of the dash. Awesome job!
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:49 PM   #6

I replaced my old Intec black/white monitor and installed two cameras on the rear of the motorhome. There's a write-up with pictures in the Files section here on IRV2...Go to Files....then go to Electrical...and look for Rear View Cameras (2) & Monitor Install :

Since the steering wheel partially blocked the view of the original monitor, I moved the monitor during the replacement.

Fred
Old 06-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerdutch View Post
Nice job. Do you have a pic of the actual view? Curious about quality of the image?!
This is the pic. It was in the middle of the day with the sun reflecting off of the car behind me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3974.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	130279  
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #8

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!! I am about to do the same thing to my 2004 country couch because my monitor gave out recently. I ordered a new inexpensive camera and monitor. I thought I would run new cable and replace the camera housing.

Now, I will try to do the same thing you did.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #9

Very timely. My black and white Intec system just quit working.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B

Tags
ace, camera, replace, replacement