Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #1

Cool Cameras

I have a 2008 American Eagle. The original Navcom 5000 system died after purchase. No replacements. American recommended a Pioneer unit for radio, sat and monitor. We installed and found a wire kit that would hook up to it so all three cameras would feed into it. Works but not really visible so I had a referral build a three monitor system to hang below the front TV, looks great but....the new monitors have no way to connect to the old cameras. My guy is checking with Riverpark the original supplier of the cameras but just in case we do not find a fix I need recommendations on I guess wireless camera replacements. Both sides and rear.

Thanks for any specific feedback you can offer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
the old system components are analog new will be digital you will need an adapter.

i used the old sony monitor with two new cameras in my coach when my side cameras went out plugged in and nothing til i got the adapter cables
Old 12-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Crutchfield has cameras. I used the cheapest Jensen camera they sell on my pickup truck Pioneer stereo/nav upgrade. The cameras are tiny and have great digital resolution. Under $30 bucks too....but it's hard wired. They have wireless too.
When in doubt, call their customer service. These guys and gals know their stuff.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
the old system components are analog new will be digital you will need an adapter.

i used the old sony monitor with two new cameras in my coach when my side cameras went out plugged in and nothing til i got the adapter cables

Thanks much.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #5

Replaced my Navion 5000 on my 2008 American Coach Tradition last year. Went with a Pioneer system for the audio, navigation, Bluetooth etc. Went with a separate stand alone monitor that interfaces with the existing Sony rear and side cameras. Everything purchased thru RVCams.com. Call them, tell them what you have, they have all of the connections that will work with your current wiring. Thought I was in for a big project, these guys made it easy.
Scott98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:39 AM   #6

Scott,
Thanks for the confirmation. Right my guy reached out to them and we added two Sony boxes so I could feed each camera direct (which was my design) all should be great after final hookup. What pioneer unit did you go with?
Old 12-04-2019, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longlook View Post
Scott,

Thanks for the confirmation. Right my guy reached out to them and we added two Sony boxes so I could feed each camera direct (which was my design) all should be great after final hookup. What pioneer unit did you go with?

Went with the Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX
Scott98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera