Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronk View Post
Any speculation as to motive????
yes pure crazy. Port Orange is trailer trash central. South FL... bring your firearms!
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #16

Really ? We have friends in port orange. I didn't think it was trashy, there house sure isn't, nor there area. I did see some trailer parks, but
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Really ? We have friends in port orange. I didn't think it was trashy, there house sure isn't, nor there area. I did see some trailer parks, but
broad brush but generally speaking anyone from Port Orange is suspect. I have friends that live in the Orange as well. Lucky for them they travel for work.

Myself... iI always concealed carry in South FL. Criminal to citizen ratio is too high not to arm yourself.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #18

Be careful... People will be calling for the mods. We're not allowed to speak of such things
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2

Huh?

Slim chance, even though they didn't speak English. From Canada, they were French.

The other family involved were named William, Deanna, Samsom, and Jeshiah. William, the patriarch and presumed perpetrator, was outraged that the victim didn't understand English. No telling if his mistrust of foreigners from the North was fueled by politics or talk radio...

Just sayin...
WOW!
I know his is tragic, but everyone seems to be missing the point. From what the newspaper said,he was just mentally ill.
After hi jacking the vehicle and killing the owner, he stabs his kids and wife, AND HIMSELF.

All this Speculation about him being an illegal, has absolutely nothing to do with this tragedy. This was a random act of insanity and
Violence that ended tragically. This man probably was trying to take a vehicle is family could move around in.
The best comment to be made here is to make sure you don't answer your door to strangers.

I think we all know that campgrounds are just as safe or safer than your residential home.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Truly tragic. Suggest we remember them in our prayers.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
We stayed in that RV park few years ago on our way to the Florida Keys. It is in a lousy area of Pompano surrounded by undesirables of all types. Most of the residence in the RV park were French Canadian who wintered there and were quite standoffish to us but polite. There is a security gate but anyone could walk into the RV park. Never intended to go back there and now have another good reason.
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sad and unfortunate.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #23

We, too, stayed in that park 4 years ago. Decided then not to repeat the experience.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #24

Thank God for campgroundreviews.com, one look at Highland Woods and we would never go anywhere near the place:

RV Park Reviews :: Pompano Beach, Florida ( FL ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

Bob
Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #25

Did Ya'll know???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga View Post
Thank God for campgroundreviews.com, one look at Highland Woods and we would never go anywhere near the place:

RV Park Reviews :: Pompano Beach, Florida ( FL ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

Bob
There is a campground review listing, arranged first by state, right here on iRV2.com. USA - iRV2.com Campground Reviews

All members are encouraged to add to this database.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
More here link

And to say that he was a illegal. Really? You know that from a last name?
No, but this I do know, if you murder someone you are an Illegal. (You may well be a natural born citizen but you are still an ILLEGAL (Criminal) the term does not always have to do with citizenship)

Of course you don't have to be in an RV park to get shot.. I read all the time about folks who are sitting at the dining room table doing their homework, or sleeping in their bed at home, or otherwise Minding Their Own Business in a house when some idiots come by and unlaod semi-automatic weapons on the house killing innocents inside.

IN face, the week before I packed up and hit the road.. A car pulled up next door and put over 15 rounds in the house.. Thankfully.. Nobody home.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Another strike against the odds I will ever travel in my moho to any point in the southern USA. I guess us Canucks are just too gullible. I get a knock on the door of my rig at any time of the night and I assume it's: A) a friend who is out of beer, or B) somebody lost looking for somebody.

My suspicion is that violent-types probably target rigs with Canadian plates as the odds there is a gun in there are pretty slim.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #28

Why?

These incidents occur from time to time. The question always is - why didn't the guy just kill himself? Why do they always want to kill their children, relatives, coworkers, etc. in order to spite the wife or girl friend or whoever?

Some nutjob blows his kids up after they run ahead of the social worker. A man sets his son on fire (horrible) to spite his ex. A guy walks into his wife's beauty salon and kills people, this guy picks an RV at random to get back at society. Why?

The twisted hate that is in these peoples minds. Maybe they are just products of all the hate and rage that floods the airwaves nowdays....

Pres. George Bush saw it - maybe some of us too. We need a kinder and gentler America.

God bless the victims of this man's rampage.
jamesgr81 is offline   Reply With Quote