Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
The problem ISN'T the age of anything, the problem is the ATTITUDE of the person who owns whatever it is.

The "I don't give a rat's attic what you say, it's a free country, I'll do as I please." folks have ruined it for everyone else.

The rules exist so some poor owner / manager has a way to boot trouble-makers who are, hopefully, driving a 10+ year old rig.

Unfortunately nobody has come up with a 'common sense' rating system, the comedian was right, you CAN'T fix stupid.
Well put

It's difficult for many to see themselves as others may
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itasca66 View Post
I think a list needs to be made of all campgrounds that have the 10 old rule because there's alot of retired people traveling for 20 years . And these campground s that do this are just profiling people that will spend more.
If I had a new motor home I won't stay at these campgrounds. They need to be marked and avoided. 👍 let's start a list 👍😎

Itasca66
I also have an issue with CG that only allow class A at their waterfront/best sites. We have a nice 5er that is not allowed...we will not stay there!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
Don't go there. Was at a cg in Yuma that restricted the type of toilet chemical that was allowed. Nothing else was allowed. Wrong toilet chemical? Hit the road Jack!
No Chit! Sorry...couldn't resist.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
While driving around the DFW area I visited a campground in Burleson TX that had a 10 year rule. The receptionist asked our RV age and it was over the 10 year rule however if I brought it around and it passed her inspection we could stay at the cg. We were driving our toad a very nice Saturn VUE Redline. I drove around the cg and the place looked like trash city with nothing but old worn out campers. Went back to office and told the lady I wouldn't stay there if she paid me. Her comment was the owners started the 10 year rule to get rid of the trashy campers. Told her it hadn't worked so far and left never to return.
AWESOME...THANK YOU!

Old 06-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post

The rules exist so some poor owner / manager has a way to boot trouble-makers who are, hopefully, driving a 10+ year old rig.

An owner does not 'need a way' to boot trouble makers.

Trouble makers own rigs over and under 10 years old.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
I also have an issue with CG that only allow class A at their waterfront/best sites. We have a nice 5er that is not allowed...we will not stay there!
Red Coconut has that rule for their waterfront/beach sites. Not because they don't like 5th wheels but because there's no way for them to get into the beach front sites. Not enough room to back in, can't pull in forward without getting the tow vehicle on the public beach which results in a big fine. Class A's just pull in forward. They have a small tractor they can use to put most travel trailers in. No way for a 5th wheel to get on the beach row.

At some sites they have those kind of restrictions based on location of utilities or based on what's parked beside you. Most folks don't like to park face to face and have to share a front yard with strangers.

Sometimes folks feel slighted because they don't know the real reason for a rule.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
An owner does not 'need a way' to boot trouble makers.

Trouble makers own rigs over and under 10 years old.
You obviously have never worked at a campground that had to "boot troublemakers". They do need a way in many states. NC for instance treats campsites just like a rental house. Want somebody out and you have to go thru the full legal eviction process, get a judgement from the court then have the sheriff remove them. Takes about 4 months. Meantime they aren't paying rent or utilities and if you shut off the utilities or harass the "tenant" you are in violation of the law and subject to prosecution.

The 10 year rule is a way for the owner to keep out those folks since once they're in you can't get them out. And yes, most undesirables in the RV world do drive older units. Doesn't mean that everybody in an older unit is undesirable but the rule gives the owner a way to pick and choose.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #148

So you're saying that if I stay in a CG in North Carolina for one night I'm a "legal tenant"? I can't believe that's correct.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:35 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
You obviously have never worked at a campground that had to "boot troublemakers". They do need a way in many states. NC for instance treats campsites just like a rental house. Want somebody out and you have to go thru the full legal eviction process, get a judgement from the court then have the sheriff remove them. Takes about 4 months. Meantime they aren't paying rent or utilities and if you shut off the utilities or harass the "tenant" you are in violation of the law and subject to prosecution.

The 10 year rule is a way for the owner to keep out those folks since once they're in you can't get them out. And yes, most undesirables in the RV world do drive older units. Doesn't mean that everybody in an older unit is undesirable but the rule gives the owner a way to pick and choose.
Then if a park has a 10 year rule the 'trouble maker' with the 10+ old rig should not be in the park.

If the owner did let a person in with a 10+ old rig in the 'full legal eviction process" would apply.

So your explanation is not logical.

The owner does not need the 10+ old rig rule to get rid of 'trouble makers'.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #150

I never would have thought this topic would go on for 150 posts. If I owned a campground and felt that I could get enough business with the 10 year rule, I would have one. As a general rule,(notice I said GENERAL Rule) the newer the coach, the more affluent and responsible the people will be. Not always, but anything a CG owner can do to make the business less troublesome, is a plus for them. Not having to deal with the "Potential" problem with irresponsible RVer's and trashy RV's is a big plus for the campground and others staying there. I suspect that as more CG's go to the 10 year rule, it is beneficial and more profitable to them. They are then able to improve their facility, attracting more higher end coaches and charging more. That's good business.

Those opposed to the rule can boycott those parks, post a list of them, and even put an ad in the paper, but it will not affect their business. It's a proven business plan that works in many areas.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I never would have thought this topic would go on for 150 posts. If I owned a campground and felt that I could get enough business with the 10 year rule, I would have one. As a general rule,(notice I said GENERAL Rule) the newer the coach, the more affluent and responsible the people will be. Not always, but anything a CG owner can do to make the business less troublesome, is a plus for them. Not having to deal with the "Potential" problem with irresponsible RVer's and trashy RV's is a big plus for the campground and others staying there. I suspect that as more CG's go to the 10 year rule, it is beneficial and more profitable to them. They are then able to improve their facility, attracting more higher end coaches and charging more. That's good business.

Those opposed to the rule can boycott those parks, post a list of them, and even put an ad in the paper, but it will not affect their business. It's a proven business plan that works in many areas.
Mr. Crash...All good points for sure. The Owner/Manager could also have the flexibility to allow older units also based on pictures and/or physical inspection. Especially in today's world we've all seen so many folks taking older units and making them look absolutely fantastic!!! I for one would have no problem parking next to one of them as for most folks who do that, they more than enough funds to purchase a "new" unit of their choice. Plus..their "older" rehab would probably put mine to shame!

Old 06-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsta View Post
This old girl just turned 20 this year... if they dont want my money then that is ok.... there rules and my 100 bill can go somewhere else...
Yes you can and that’s one of the great things about being mobile. But not only can you go somewhere else but both you and the park owners can be happy. Why take a rule so personal?
Sarge77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #153

Its kinda like letting just your friends come into your coach.... Why not let anybody that wants come in?

Before anybody starts making a point that your home is private and a CG isn't... I say it is private. Its privately owned and the owner makes the rules as if it were his home. We can agree or disagree with his rules all we want. It may be good or bad for his business. The fact still remains. Its his rule for his property.

If I demanded entry to your home you probably would tell me no. Probably not very nicely.... My choice at that point is to move on........ Or should I talk trash about you because you would not let ME in? I am the sone of immigrants so I could even use the race card and say you are barring me entry because I am Hispanic... I won't though.... Its YOUR house... Why would I want to be where I am not welcome.. Look in the mirror
Old 06-28-2017, 11:48 AM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
This all seems a bit over the top.

I have been to restaurants that require a tie and jacket, I have been to golf courses that require long pants and a shirt collar, I have seen housing developments that require a minimum size of building and require appearance conformity.

What is the issue when someone sets a rule that may limit the age of the vehicle they will provide service to?

Tags
campground