Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #141

As a kid back in the early 70's, my family was camping at a campground on a lake in Maine. It seems that for the two weeks we were there, on the weekends our campsite became an evening gathering. One Saturday night, at about 11:15, the owner came by and said that they needed to quiet it down. He said that he couldn't understand why one of his 3 sons hadn't been by to tell them. My dad pointed to 3 teenagers sitting by the fire. Yup, it was them. Their dad asked them why they hadn't enforced the quiet time. They said that they had in fact check all the campsites within range of the music and singing. All were empty. About 15 minutes later, someone called it a night and left. Before they could get back to their site? Nope! Do I have a campfire if it's permitted? Yup! That's my wife's favorite part. I always try to put myself in my neighbors place and act accordingly. Sometimes, people just forget to use common courtesy.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #142

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been enjoying all the etiquette info on this thread but have yet to see anyone talking about golf carts. Maybe I missed the discussion and maybe they don't bother anyone else. The last couple campgrounds we have been to have lots of golf carts jacked up with big tires and huge sound systems on the back. Some are so loud that if you are sitting outside you have to stop your conversation until they pass by. Maybe it's a southern thing.. I don't know. And these are very nice campgrounds. These golf cart people stay on these things all day long driving up and down the campground blaring music. They have to be locals because they come in in their TT, 5th wheel or whatever and are followed by their truck with a trailer pulling their golf carts so I assume they are not driving too far. They are required to park by 10pm but you get to listen to their music until then. I'd rather have the karaoke people next to me.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #143

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
I've been enjoying all the etiquette info on this thread but have yet to see anyone talking about golf carts. Maybe I missed the discussion and maybe they don't bother anyone else. The last couple campgrounds we have been to have lots of golf carts jacked up with big tires and huge sound systems on the back. Some are so loud that if you are sitting outside you have to stop your conversation until they pass by. Maybe it's a southern thing.. I don't know. And these are very nice campgrounds. These golf cart people stay on these things all day long driving up and down the campground blaring music. They have to be locals because they come in in their TT, 5th wheel or whatever and are followed by their truck with a trailer pulling their golf carts so I assume they are not driving too far. They are required to park by 10pm but you get to listen to their music until then. I'd rather have the karaoke people next to me.
An addition to the golf cart issue: Letting young children drive them alone. They are often "out of control."
Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
I think it is something of a southern culture thing. I could be wrong though. Along similar lines, there is a cooler to boombox conversion culture here and there as well but the most I saw was at the Guadalupe river in Texas where people tube. I couldn't believe how loud they get those things to go as they float down the river.

I've seen decent looking people pull up in very nice 5ers and then they break out the amped up golf cart like you are referring to and they sure as heck need to go show it off all over the park and all day. It's kind of an annoyance you have to live with in some of the larger parks down here.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post

DW and I would get the folding chairs and a cold beverage and watch the show!! We would always help if asked!!!
We've often had help in our travel trailer and welcomed it.on another note we were backing this new motor home into our drive way when an oil truck came into view.I was so mad at dh for pulling away so the truck could come by.it is very easy to get out of our street in the other direction...so my answer is Kerry them wait :-)

Georgetown 328TS Class A 2010 Toyota Corolla
Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #146

This is a funny story.we are Jewish so I can tell it!! We were in a state park with no neighbors.it was empty and wonderful. They're were a gazillion sites and lo and behold a family moved inn across the way.if that wasn't bad enough the kid practiced his bar mitzvah songs early in the morning!! No joke..

Georgetown 328TS Class A 2010 Toyota Corolla
Old 12-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #147

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I too think it would be a bit rude to knock on my door to ask about my coach if I'm not outside. Probably not everyone feels this way, but I do.

I've spent a LOT of time at those Class A only resorts. My perception is that those groups (as a generalization) would probably be more likely to find this rude than at your average "campground".

Sounds like you have most of the important stuff covered beyond this. Just use the golden rule and common sense and you'll fit in just fine. If you're buying a DP, don't get in the habit of running your engine while in your site any more than you have to. They don't need long warm up periods before beginning to roll slowly.

Rick

Our coach is our HOME. Would you stop at a S&B house and ring the bell to say "nice house...can we come in and see it?" I know that is NOT what the OP said, but it has happened to us several times.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #148

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just an interesting thought !
Go to a high end RV Resort. And you are less likely to run into bad behavior. Just like the difference between the North side of Chicago and the South side. Go to the North side and you will probably be invited over for dinner by your neighbor . On the South side your neighbor might shoot you.
Go to a state campground on a long weekend near a city and smoke will be your least problem.
It's best to pick a campground that has the same values that you have. Then you will have more of a chance at not being annoyed.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #149

Entegra Owners Club
I never worry about neighbors coming by knocking on my door to be friendly. We pull into a nice RV resort and they see 2 guys jumping out to set up with a bald cat wearing perls sitting in the window and doors and curtains close up pretty quickly.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #150

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John
I never worry about neighbors coming by knocking on my door to be friendly. We pull into a nice RV resort and they see 2 guys jumping out to set up with a bald cat wearing perls sitting in the window and doors and curtains close up pretty quickly.
Annie's always telling me the good stuff happens the second we go into town for lunch. So does the cat talk?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #151
laj

I sure wouldn't want to be the one to make people run away screaming. I usually enjoy my neighbors around supper time with 18 hr. or so wood smoked brisket. we have a great time.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #152

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
I sure wouldn't want to be the one to make people run away screaming. I usually enjoy my neighbors around supper time with 18 hr. or so wood smoked brisket. we have a great time.
Not a brisket - a shoulder - and a Turkey too! Love the smell of cherry wood - oak - mesquite - hickory - apple - pecan. And it tastes good too.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-500040663.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	562.0 KB
ID:	51808
Time passes...
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4072266190.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	51809

Everyone stay where you are - doors locked. This is gonna get dicey but laj and I got it. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #153

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Annie's always telling me the good stuff happens the second we go into town for lunch. So does the cat talk?
You have no idea.. she screams about the abuse, makes unreasonable demands and threatens to steal our thumbs at night. She also does the cha cha on our heads randomly through the night.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
You have no idea.. she screams about the abuse, makes unreasonable demands and threatens to steal our thumbs at night. She also does the cha cha on our heads randomly through the night.
We would be pleased to have you as neighbors! Please knock on our door and we will introduce you to our crazy Yorkie-Poo.

Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
Closed Thread

Tags
campground