Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
You have no idea.. she screams about the abuse, makes unreasonable demands and threatens to steal our thumbs at night. She also does the cha cha on our heads randomly through the night.
Never, EVER, complain about such good room service as that. Does it include turn-down service with the mint?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #156
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Not a brisket - a shoulder - and a Turkey too! Love the smell of cherry wood - oak - mesquite - hickory - apple - pecan. And it tastes good too.

Time passes...

Everyone stay where you are - doors locked. This is gonna get dicey but laj and I got it. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
ok, you got me with the pics. that is one fine looking bird. the above variations are great too. great wood choices. on the grate I carry we can get them all on.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #157

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
When is dinner time? For me it could be anytime. And no parking during nap time, TV time, daytime, night time. OK maybe over the top. But asking somebody to wait after driving because I am eating is maybe be over the top.
I fully agree with you on this. Your dinner time and mine are not the same. When you get to the park is the time to park your rig.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #158
laj

damn straight, well said. if the park lets me in, I'm parking and setting up whenever I get there period.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #159

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John

You have no idea.. she screams about the abuse, makes unreasonable demands and threatens to steal our thumbs at night. She also does the cha cha on our heads randomly through the night.
I had a cat once. Same thing only we both had hair back then. Enjoy the journey.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
damn straight, well said. if the park lets me in, I'm parking and setting up whenever I get there period.

What about the group that someone mentioned as setting out the lawn chairs and grill when they pulled in at midnight? It always seems like one can go too far.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #161
laj

they paid for their site just like everyone else. if they can operate inside the quiet time and set up, no problem. if they are violating quiet time then they should be asked as everyone else would to decease the activities. idling a diesel, putting out slides and hooking up wouldn't fall under those provisions.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
they paid for their site just like everyone else. if they can operate inside the quiet time and set up, no problem. if they are violating quiet time then they should be asked as everyone else would to decease the activities. idling a diesel, putting out slides and hooking up wouldn't fall under those provisions.
If the campground allows midnight arrivals then yes, there would be nothing wrong with a group coming in at midnight and getting the coach set up. Some may not appreciate it but it is understandable that sometimes things happen and you get there late. Is there really a need for a BBQ grill and lawn chairs to be set up at that time of night though or are the people just oblivious to others? Remember, we are talking etiquette here, not just campground rules.

Does respect for others mean to stop rude or inappropriate behavior only when asked or to just not behave like that in the first place?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #163

On RV campground etiquette, internet says:

RV Etiquette

RV 101 Education with Mark Polk: RV Campground Etiquette Keeps Campers Happy

https://www.woodysrv.com/blog-archiv...-etiquette.cfm

RV Campground Etiquette - RV UNIVERSITY

What about making a sticky on iRV2 on general etiquette summarizing points made here and possibly others from the internet not mentioned here?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #164

This has been an interesting read. My personal pet peeves...
1. Golf carts all over the place.
2. Loud and obnoxious neighbors.
3. Disturbances after lights out. We were at a campground in NWMO where people set up their washers tournament out in the "street" with job sight lights on each end. Drinking and whooping it up until the wee hours of the morning. They were asked to leave as soon as they were sober enough to drive.
4. Traipsing across other people's sites.

I guess this makes me a grouchy old man.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurph View Post
This has been an interesting read. My personal pet peeves...
1. Golf carts all over the place.
2. Loud and obnoxious neighbors.
3. Disturbances after lights out. We were at a campground in NWMO where people set up their washers tournament out in the "street" with job sight lights on each end. Drinking and whooping it up until the wee hours of the morning. They were asked to leave as soon as they were sober enough to drive.
4. Traipsing across other people's sites.

I guess this makes me a grouchy old man.
Not at all. Those are very common concerns for people who still care about etiquette as they are found on all of the different links myredracer provided.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #166

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurph View Post
We had a similar situation at the Capitol KOA (MD). Campground management claimed there was a "patrol" during the night; however, nothing was done about it.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
We had a similar situation at the Capitol KOA (MD). Campground management claimed there was a "patrol" during the night; however, nothing was done about it.
Yeah, isn't it funny how all campground staff disappears and loses their hearing at night? That's one thing that really irritates me as (in my eyes) some of what I pay for when camping is the staff at the park. I shouldn't have to go out and enforce the rules then wonder if someone is going to let the air out of my tires when I'm not around for having the gall to tell people to keep it down at 1am.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #168

If you knock on my door I would expect it to be because something is amiss and you want to inform me or you have something for me. My previous MH neighbor and I were on very friendly terms but we only ever chatted if we saw each other outside. If we knocked on each others door it was because we had something for one another.

Tags
campground