Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #169

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Not a brisket - a shoulder - and a Turkey too! Love the smell of cherry wood - oak - mesquite - hickory - apple - pecan. And it tastes good too.
Attachment 51808
Time passes...
Attachment 51809

Everyone stay where you are - doors locked. This is gonna get dicey but laj and I got it. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
not really on topic but as an aside. I saw a wood pellet grill in a store you could buy pellets made out of all the woods you are mentioning here.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #170

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
If the campground allows midnight arrivals then yes, there would be nothing wrong with a group coming in at midnight and getting the coach set up. Some may not appreciate it but it is understandable that sometimes things happen and you get there late. Is there really a need for a BBQ grill and lawn chairs to be set up at that time of night though or are the people just oblivious to others? Remember, we are talking etiquette here, not just campground rules.

Does respect for others mean to stop rude or inappropriate behavior only when asked or to just not behave like that in the first place?
I agree sometimes I get to a campground late. I try to be as quiet as possible but to be honest diesels are not the quietest thing in the world. My wife uses a walky talky to back me in but she she is outside talking loud over the noise of the diesel.

I worked evening shifts for a good part of my life and I usually stay up until between midnight and 2am. I sleep late and a lot of times we do not get up until 9 or 10am. How is my making noise any different when I come in than the person that gets up at 6am goes out to walk the dog banging doors and getting everything loaded up so they can leave. I get woke up just the same as the people at midnight do.

The point I am making is that we are all camping in an area with other people. Making noise is something that is going to happen whether you come in late or leave early. People just need to try and be reasonable or move to another campsight. When I want total quiet I go home to my farm in the middle of the Ozark mountains where I rarely hear anything other than the frogs in my pond. Which by the way are a lot noisier than anyone setting up or taking down camp that I have heard

Old 12-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #171
laj

because 6am is normal awakening time for the majority of people.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #172

Fleetwood Owners Club
Whenpeople wake up.

Snoozester - Labs - The Wake Up Time Report - Top 10 most common times people wake up, Average Wake Up Time (by Month)
Old 12-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #173

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
You haven't seen cranky until you see me at the "normal" 6am !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #174
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
You haven't seen cranky until you see me at the "normal" 6am !!
Ditto. Especially when I'm on vacation.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #175

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Whoa! 6am is NOT a normal wake up time for most people! My normal wake up time is 9am and if someone woke me up at 6am I would be very angry. From most people I talk to about 7-8am is closer to a NORMAL wake up time.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #176

Vacation, working, 4 hours sleep, 7 hours sleep. 6:30AM is the wake up time it doesn't matter if there's an alarm is set or not. In fact if I'm on vacation I'm usually up earlier cause I don't want to waste any of the day.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #177
laj

guess if you sleep the day away till 9 most people have got on with it way before you are able to get going. if I'm traveling to a specific destination I'm on the road by 6, with plenty of others as well.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #178

There are times I wake up early while camping, 6:30- 7, I try to keep the noise down till at least 8, not that we're a noisy group anyway
Old 12-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #179

6AM is my normal wake up time when I have to get up to go to work, not when I'm camping, I like to sleep in a bit when I can.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #180

Winnebago Owners Club
6AM !! . . . OMG, my head is still spinning from the Charles Shaw Blend at that time, only more sleep cures it.

SHHHH!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #181

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
guess if you sleep the day away till 9 most people have got on with it way before you are able to get going. if I'm traveling to a specific destination I'm on the road by 6, with plenty of others as well.
You may consider it "sleeping the day away" but I consider it sleeping until I can function properly. Safety comes first! I CAN get up at 6 am (with 2 alarms to wake me up) but I would surely fall asleep trying to drive. I get up around 6:30 during rallies but I usually come back to the motorhome and have to take a nap. Otherwise I am in a "fog" for the rest of the day.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #182

4:00 am is normal for me but so is living in my house. When I am camping I an neither living in my house nor am I getting up at 4:00am. To some of you fill timers this lifestyle is "normal". To the rest of us it is a get away from the normal, the rat race we deal with every day. It is our vacation.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
campground