Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
Whoa! 6am is NOT a normal wake up time for most people! My normal wake up time is 9am and if someone woke me up at 6am I would be very angry. From most people I talk to about 7-8am is closer to a NORMAL wake up time.
According to the research Dfunde01 posted, 6am is the most common wake up time. That makes sense as the day shift working world still makes up the majority of people. I happen to be a 6am'er due to my job starting at 7:30am and kids that need to be cattle prodded through the door on time.

Due to conditioning, we usually wake up around 6am when camping too but we are quiet and the kids are kept quiet unless our neighbors somehow felt like everyone should be up 'till 1am the night before. In that case, I get to feeling they should be up at 6am. The trick is to not wake up any other poor neighbors around us but it's great when they are all out early cleaning the pots and pans too.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #184

I get up at 4:45 every (weekday) morning. Unfortunately, my mental alarm clock that wakes me up, before the alarm even goes off, doesn't know the difference between weekday, weekend or vacation. Do I wake up? Yup. Do I do my best to go back to sleep for a bit? Absolutely! Do I like people slamming doors at 6 AM ? Uh, NO! I understand, when people are trying to get packed up and get on the road, noise is going to be made. In our case, I try my best to limit the noise as best I can. I do allot of packing up the night before. To each his/her own.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #185

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
because 6am is normal awakening time for the majority of people.
I guess you are saying it is ok to wake others up if it is the normal time for you to wake up and go about your business. If you are an abnormal person such as myself who spends a lot of time at nights it would not be ok for me to decide I am hungry and go out to my barbecue grill and start cooking a steak. Turn my stereo on to some nice loud zztop and enjoy my evening like the normal people do in the afternoon.

I guess when I pull into a campground at midnight I could not walk the dog and have conversations outside with my wife ( I talk loud because of my deafness) because normal people are trying to sleep.

I do not do these things because I am polite and realize other people are asleep. It does however irritate me to read where someone thinks they do not have to be quiet at 6am because that is when normal people wake up and get about their buisness

There are a lot of people with lung disorders such as asthma or infections such as bronchitis that have trouble breathing when they lie down. They stay up at night and then are able to sleep better during the day. There are also a lot and I mean a lot of people that work evening shift or midnight shift. None of these people usually get up at 6am the midnight shift people usually do not go to bed until after 6. A lot of evening shift workers get off at midnight then by the time they get home relaxe take a shower and get to bed it is 2 am or later. Most of these people do not routinely get up at 6am

I also read the information posted about the study on when people wake up. I noticed the company that did the study was a company that makes wake up systems for Hotels. Imagine that a business man staying in a hotel that has meetings or other business during the day gets up between 6 am and 7 am. Who would have known that I am very glad for that company to have enlightened me. I am just curious how many Hospital employees, Janitors, Industrial workers, Security Gaurds, Police Officers, Military. etc they interviewed for their study
Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #186

Just like the people who couldn't stand the gall of someone pulling in to the campground at their dinner time, you can't please everyone. Campground quiet hours are catered to the majority which is still the "normal" sleep time of I guess 10pm to 6 or 7 am.

I think that is what Laj was saying. The reason you get woken up is because unfortunately you fall outside of the majority in RV campgrounds.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #187
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Isn't this how the stupid idea of Political Correctness got started? A lot of this is getting rather self centered and stupid. If it's a rule I will try to obey it, if it is going to unnecessarily disturb other people I will try not to, but if I need to do it and I have paid my money, I will attend to my own affairs.

Live with it.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Old 12-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Isn't this how the stupid idea of Political Correctness got started? A lot of this is getting rather self centered and stupid. If it's a rule I will try to obey it, if it is going to unnecessarily disturb other people I will try not to, but if I need to do it and I have paid my money, I will attend to my own affairs.

Live with it.
Very good for you, Hawk. Been wanting to say that myself on many of the threads on this forum.
PC is goofy, isn't it?

FYI, bedtime 10 PM?? My supper time is 10:30-11:00 PM. I'll try to be quiet.

Cheers
Old 12-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
Very good for you, Hawk. Been wanting to say that myself on many of the threads on this forum.
PC is goofy, isn't it?

FYI, bedtime 10 PM?? My supper time is 10:30-11:00 PM. I'll try to be quiet.

Cheers
I certainly hope you would try to be quiet in a campground at that time of night.

It would be way too PC of me to allow you to be noisy for fear of offending you since you are on an alternative schedule....
Old 12-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #190

This thread has wandered far from the original content. It has gone from etiquette to personal rants.

Closed Thread

Tags
campground