Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234

I hope you will seriously re-think this activity. In our almost 3yrs on the road... "this".... would have been deemed inappropriate behaviour in every CG's we stayed at during our travels. I believe that if this is your passion .....you need to confine it to (1) group campsites, or (2) designated entertainment areas or facilities (club house).
Jack - If (1) the CG management has approved / requested the activity (2) it is done in accordance with quite hours (3) the surrounding campers participate and enjoy it, why on earth would they reconsider doing it based on your travel experiences. Clearly this is not a place you would enjoy, but apparently others do. Perhaps this is why the OP and others are staying there. It gives them an opportunity to do something they enjoy that other places don't.

I'm not picking a fight here, but what they're doing seems to be acceptable to the locals and management. Our opinions of it or desire to be around it are irrelevant. We can just go somewhere else, ask for a place away from them, or do as the Romans do.

My irrelevant opinion continued - We recently stayed at a CG with a Saloon and karaoke and requested a site near it. Were in fact right next to it and it was great. And when we were in our coach with A/C on never heard it. Met great folks including our neighbor and now have a "new" full time friend. We keep in touch weekly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #44

Class A with diesal engines

One of the most irritating things to experience is a diesal Class A stop just before their camping spot and then proceed to unhook their Toad while leaving the engine running. Usually this is just at the time my dw and I are sitting down to dinner and a glass of wine. Of course they have trouble getting the toad unhooked and then when they do they have trouble backing into their site and have to get out, check where they are and then move their MH a few inches and checking it again. Sure the diesal is noisy but the deisal fumes are the worst. If you tow a toad, unhookand rehook at the entrance laneway and if arriving at dinner, maybe you could wait to park until after dinner. This is what we do and it sure would be nice if others did too.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodytrwo View Post
One of the most irritating things to experience is a diesal Class A stop just before their camping spot and then proceed to unhook their Toad while leaving the engine running. Usually this is just at the time my dw and I are sitting down to dinner and a glass of wine. Of course they have trouble getting the toad unhooked and then when they do they have trouble backing into their site and have to get out, check where they are and then move their MH a few inches and checking it again. Sure the diesal is noisy but the deisal fumes are the worst. If you tow a toad, unhookand rehook at the entrance laneway and if arriving at dinner, maybe you could wait to park until after dinner. This is what we do and it sure would be nice if others did too.
Oh come on now. If this happens enough to be a major problem, then you just have the worst luck. Do you really suggest people don't pull into their site anytime that someone could possibly be having dinner? I'm all for courtesy but that seems a bit much.

I do agree with dropping the toad at the proper place.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
I hope you will seriously re-think this activity. In our almost 3yrs on the road... "this".... would have been deemed inappropriate behaviour in every CG's we stayed at during our travels. I believe that if this is your passion .....you need to confine it to (1) group campsites, or (2) designated entertainment areas or facilities (club house).
I totally agree. I don't go camping to hear other people's "entertainment." (That includes their loud stereo, outside TV, drunken loud conversation, etc.) I'm grumpy.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #47

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is what park club house/s is for!

Bronk
Old 12-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by trode View Post
I mostly agree with myredracers list. I have camped all my life, since a little kid camping with mom, dad and sibs in a tent, up to now camping with DW and Grandkids in a class A, and everywhere in between. Most of the good old common courtesy is gone, and it bugs me. Surely I would not knock, if someone is outside and you want to admire there rig, great, don't walk across other peoples sites, don't play your particular favorite music loud enough to be heard at the other end of the campground, I for one like to hear wind, leaves, birds, etc.. when camping, not their rap music complete with four letter foulness, LANGUAGE (this one bugs me everywhere, the foul language people use in public, in totally inappropriate places, I have had this happen in line at grocery with my granddaughter and when I said something to the offensive party, his response was "F@$% you", wow! what a brilliant individual),don't drive fast through campgrounds there are kids everywhere, don't start up you DP at 6 AM and idle for 30 minutes with your exhaust blowing directly under my awning (BTDT X's 10), as far as the campfire thing goes, sorry but I am a campfire guy, part of the experience for me, love the smell as soon as I pull into a campground. Basically, use common sense, if there is any of it around any more.

Here is a great one that happened to us in Myrtle Beach last year; couple beside us went into the camper and started to listen to tapes on their stereo, but had forgotten to turn off the outside speakers. We were headed off for a bike ride so didn't really pay attention, upon returning we sat outside to relax and realized they were playing sex instruction tapes! Looked across the way and saw another couple giggling about it too. After a few minutes it got to a part about particular acts, in quite explicit detail, at that point my DW decided for the benefit of all around with youngsters she had to go knock and tell them. The expression on his face when she told him was priceless! Speakers were quickly turned off. They never came out of the camper the rest of the day and left the next morning, early. Not sure if that was by plan, or just too embarrassed to stay. Bottom line: if you don't want people to know what you're listening to, shut of the outside speakers
That is way funny... In your case a knock on the door was warranted! Although having said that....maybe I could have learned something new and exciting. lol
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
Old 12-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #49

Quote:

What time is dinner time, I know when I eat dinner, but how big a window are you talking that they wait and park?
Old 12-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
When is dinner time? For me it could be anytime. And no parking during nap time, TV time, daytime, night time. OK maybe over the top. But asking somebody to wait after driving because I am eating is maybe be over the top.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
YUP!!! I think they should band all DP from the campgrounds. Lol

& I will drive to my camp site to unhook my toad with the engine running too. If you do not like it to bad!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
The first time we set up the music/karaoke equipment we were just making sure things were working. We had it low enough you could barely hear it next door, it was about 5 pm. Our neighbor at the time asked when we were gonna start the show and could he bring over his guitar and plug in. It snowballed from there with everyone around. It got so people would come over right as Thom got home from work, even before he got in the RV, to ask if we were gonna play. The CG started asking if we were gonna play and could we play because people wanted to do karaoke again. We disappointed more people more times then we actually set up. The CG did not want to pay us for entertaining their weekend summer crowds and we were not gonna do it for free. The way we had it set up while it seemed loud in front you could hardly hear it 2 RV's over and by the third no sound. There were times that Thom just stopped to pick me up so that we would be gone and not get asked.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
MSHappyCampers , that is how I feel about it also x2 .

James,
Old 12-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #54

Please don't knock on my door if it's closed....Thankyou.....
Old 12-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
If someone needs to talk to someone so bad that they have to knock on thier door, you might want to think about going and telling your DW that you are sorry and you promise not to start a fight with her again and then both of you get a drink-ie and start a "fire" and enjoy your evening!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club

Interesting thread!

One thing that came to mind as I read through some of the responses . . . a pretty useful feature here is the "edit" button that appears at the bottom of a post, visible to the original poster only, not sure how long it is available, but it provides the means to delete or edit.

Pretty cool . . . I've used it! Let's you correct typos, foolish, or whatever applies. Kinda like unringing a bell, but just for a limited time.

Closed Thread

Tags
campground