Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #57

X2 Pale!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #58
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodytrwo View Post
One of the most irritating things to experience is a diesal Class A stop just before their camping spot and then proceed to unhook their Toad while leaving the engine running. Usually this is just at the time my dw and I are sitting down to dinner and a glass of wine. Of course they have trouble getting the toad unhooked and then when they do they have trouble backing into their site and have to get out, check where they are and then move their MH a few inches and checking it again. Sure the diesal is noisy but the deisal fumes are the worst. If you tow a toad, unhookand rehook at the entrance laneway and if arriving at dinner, maybe you could wait to park until after dinner. This is what we do and it sure would be nice if others did too.
it's ok, your eating wont bother or hinder me a bit, but thanks anyway.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
I think it's extremely rude to just blindly come up and knock.

What if I was having a nice dinner ?? Or engaging in wild monkey sex ????
If the camper is rocking don't come a knocking.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #60

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
If you tow a toad, unhook and rehook at the entrance laneway and if arriving at dinner, maybe you could wait to park until after dinner. This is what we do and it sure would be nice if others did too.
And what if a single camper arrives? They can't unhook at the entrance! It also takes several times to get out and check at some campsites. Dinner time? That's anywhere between 5:00 - 8:00 for most people. Supposed to wait until everyone around has eaten? In my opinion those requirements are unrealistic.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Please don't knock on my door unless it is an emergency as I have a little pup that will bark like crazy. If I am outside come on up and chat. I try not to use foul language. Sometimes I have a drink so don't come around if it offends you. I don't smoke and don't care if others do, just don't throw your butts on the ground. I am pretty easy going person.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #62

Once, in a travel park in Myrtle Beach, a woman at the site next to mine said "hello" to me while I was hooking up to the shore services. I said "hello" back. Suddenly she was telling me everything that is wrong with our government and our country, and how to fix it all. That's when I noticed the Toronto tags on her TT.
I'm pretty sure that would fall under the heading of "campground etiquette violation".
Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
I

What if I was having a nice dinner ?? Or engaging in wild monkey sex ????.
You have trees inside?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think most of us reading this thread have not learned anything new as we have common sense. However I do believe we have gained some insight as to who we do not want to be in the same campground with and it certainly isn't the folks that like karaoke.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Several people have mentioned enjoying campfires. I can certainly relate to that. However, please keep in mind that there are people who have lung problems, such as my DW, who can have serious health issues when exposed to smoke.

Please be courteous, check the wind direction, and don't light a fire when the wind will blow all of the smoke into you neighbor's coach.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kieffer View Post
Several people have mentioned enjoying campfires. I can certainly relate to that. However, please keep in mind that there are people who have lung problems, such as my DW, who can have serious health issues when exposed to smoke.

Please be courteous, check the wind direction, and don't light a fire when the wind will blow all of the smoke into you neighbor's coach.
There are many campgrounds that do not allow wood fires. You should stay there. Otherwise, close the windows, run the AC and an air filter which is what you should be doing anyhow if the lung problems are that bad.

That is almost as silly as the person who thinks no-one should pull in to the campground when they are eating dinner.

I know you will probably think me rude but campfires are an integral part of camping and if they are allowed, I will likely have one now and then regardless of which way the wind is blowing. If there was someone in a tent near me and I saw that the wind was filling their tent with smoke, I would put the fire out.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #67

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
There are many campgrounds that do not allow wood fires. You should stay there. Otherwise, close the windows, run the AC and an air filter which is what you should be doing anyhow if the lung problems are that bad.

That is almost as silly as the person who thinks no-one should pull in to the campground when they are eating dinner.

I know you will probably think me rude but campfires are an integral part of camping and if they are allowed, I will likely have one now and then regardless of which way the wind is blowing. If there was someone in a tent near me and I saw that the wind was filling their tent with smoke, I would put the fire out.
X2 Well said.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #68

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Oh Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post
That is way funny... In your case a knock on the door was warranted! Although having said that....maybe I could have learned something new and exciting. lol
Maybe could have, this tape very "informative", crazy thing is we had been gone on a bike ride for nearly 30 minutes and no one else went and told them, there had to be 20+ people within ear-shot. I guess everyone else was taking notes!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kieffer View Post

Campgrounds are for kids and campfires! I don't have campfires because I find it funny seeing people sit around one when its 70f outside but that's their choice and one of the reasons they are there. There are lots of places to go that are not so geared towards campfires.

It's like the kid that has peanut allergies and the rest of the kids can't have peanut products at school, I recommend if their kid has peanut allergies don't get to attached and call him "The Boy" !
Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
One of the most irritating things to experience is a diesal Class A stop just before their camping spot and then proceed to unhook their Toad while leaving the engine running. Usually this is just at the time my dw and I are sitting down to dinner and a glass of wine. Of course they have trouble getting the toad unhooked and then when they do they have trouble backing into their site and have to get out, check where they are and then move their MH a few inches and checking it again. Sure the diesal is noisy but the deisal fumes are the worst. If you tow a toad, unhookand rehook at the entrance laneway and if arriving at dinner, maybe you could wait to park until after dinner. This is what we do and it sure would be nice if others did too.
I always ask at check-in where I should unhook the toad. MANY,MANY times I have been told...at your site. If you have a problem with that tell management, not me.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground