Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
Here are some other questions.

You are backing the trailer into a really tight camp site, and having trouble getting it lined up right. Of course, since you have the road completely blocked off, two other campers are lined up, impatiently waiting to get by. Do you keep trying, or do you pull out, circle around the loop, and try again? How long is it reasonable to make people wait.

As related question, you are camped in the site next to the one where the guy is struggling. Do you offer advice, or bite your tongue, sit back and watch the show?

Joel
DW and I would get the folding chairs and a cold beverage and watch the show!! We would always help if asked!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Not necessarily in that order but all should be avoided. Smoke travels and if windows or vents are open the smoke and fumes can fill other coaches and trailers even several spaces over. Being considerate of others in tight quarters in an RV park is something we should all practice. Also if you were the one to cause the smoke and fumes to get in my coach don't come knocking on my door.
I'm pretty new at this also - about 6000 miles and 70 days in RV parks or campgrounds. The RV parks I've been in did not have fire rings so it was understood that you did not built a fire on the concrete or grass. However, every campground had fire ring of some sort. Do not expect me to NOT have a fire.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think it's extremely rude to just blindly come up and knock.

What if I was having a nice dinner ?? Or engaging in wild monkey sex ????

Would YOU like it if someone did that to you ????

The only time it isn't rude is if you see a life-threatening situation that we are not aware of. Otherwise, catch me outside, I'll offer you a cold one and gladly talk about my rig.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i guess, best to think of it this way, any camper, no matter wht class, think of it as a home/house. you wouldnt just walk up to anybodys home/house and knock unless an emergency came up. but if u r walking on sidewalk an someone is outside, you wave,say hello an you can tell by response, if there in mood to chat or too busy doing something.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I sure don't do any door knocking. If someone is outside when I'm going by I'll say "hello" and if they respond and seem congenial I may strike up a conversation. Just my honest approach.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
DW and I would get the folding chairs and a cold beverage and watch the show!! We would always help if asked!!!
That is a tough situation and I haven't seen one yet where it seemed appropriate to offer help. Usually when I found myself in the same situation, it was as a result of too many people in my own group being "Helpful". Having been there in our TT days a few times, I hate to admit that it does make watching the show a nice guilty pleasure.

I have been grateful for park staff to help me in some tough situations. There was once in a rather large and popular campground in Sarasota FL where I was not: We get the same site just about every time we go and I was very used to backing the trailer in. They sent some guy out with me in a golf cart to show me to the spot once and he stayed to back me in. I lined up my usual line and he starts barking at me to pull further out etc. When I explained that I knew this spot and kept going, he got quite belligerent. In the interest of not causing trouble, I decided to follow his instructions.

Well, lo and behold, he was having troubles directing me with my 34' TT and Long bed quad cab into the site. Unfortunately, I lost my patience after a while and told him to get lost. Then I put it in with the wheels kissing the pad and set up. Didn't have any issues with irritated staff during the stay either thank goodness.

As to the person who goes and knocks on peoples' doors. Please don't do that. As so many other have mentioned, just wait 'till you see them outside. Certainly don't knock and ask to come inside and look around lol.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Never had a Class A, but from my perspective I'd rather you'd approach me when you see me outside, maybe coming/going or just chilling out in the lawn chair, than knocking on my door. Again, no Class A, but I doubt that would change my perspective.
Agree. I'll speak to anyone sitting outside but never knock just to compliment their rig. You can usually tell by their reply when you say "nice rig" whether or not they are social and open to conversation. Met some really nice people this way.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
Leaving the porch light on all night can be annoying. I've forgotten to turn mine off a few times.
Been there. Duh
Old 12-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #37

Wow, this is something we could have used a couple months ago when we got started! Such a great topic!! My kids want to talk to everyone and our dogs have never met a stranger. We try to just go with the same guides as we would at our home and sometimes it leaves me totally confused. I did write a post about that a while ago and still have questions. (Do Camper Parks have social courtesies? Do camper parks have social courtesies? - The Crowded Camper) Thankfully most people we actually get to talk to are very friendly and helpful!
Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Agree to most

I mostly agree with myredracers list. I have camped all my life, since a little kid camping with mom, dad and sibs in a tent, up to now camping with DW and Grandkids in a class A, and everywhere in between. Most of the good old common courtesy is gone, and it bugs me. Surely I would not knock, if someone is outside and you want to admire there rig, great, don't walk across other peoples sites, don't play your particular favorite music loud enough to be heard at the other end of the campground, I for one like to hear wind, leaves, birds, etc.. when camping, not their rap music complete with four letter foulness, LANGUAGE (this one bugs me everywhere, the foul language people use in public, in totally inappropriate places, I have had this happen in line at grocery with my granddaughter and when I said something to the offensive party, his response was "F@$% you", wow! what a brilliant individual),don't drive fast through campgrounds there are kids everywhere, don't start up you DP at 6 AM and idle for 30 minutes with your exhaust blowing directly under my awning (BTDT X's 10), as far as the campfire thing goes, sorry but I am a campfire guy, part of the experience for me, love the smell as soon as I pull into a campground. Basically, use common sense, if there is any of it around any more.

Here is a great one that happened to us in Myrtle Beach last year; couple beside us went into the camper and started to listen to tapes on their stereo, but had forgotten to turn off the outside speakers. We were headed off for a bike ride so didn't really pay attention, upon returning we sat outside to relax and realized they were playing sex instruction tapes! Looked across the way and saw another couple giggling about it too. After a few minutes it got to a part about particular acts, in quite explicit detail, at that point my DW decided for the benefit of all around with youngsters she had to go knock and tell them. The expression on his face when she told him was priceless! Speakers were quickly turned off. They never came out of the camper the rest of the day and left the next morning, early. Not sure if that was by plan, or just too embarrassed to stay. Bottom line: if you don't want people to know what you're listening to, shut of the outside speakers
Old 12-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
OMG, the neighbor from heck!
Now that is just amusing since we are the ones that asked by the neighbors AND the park to set up ....... and the neighbors want us to keep going way past lights out ...... There's a lot of musicians that are RV's in parks and they can plug into the equipment and play and sing the way we have it set up.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Now that is just amusing since we are the ones that asked by the neighbors AND the park to set up ....... and the neighbors want us to keep going way past lights out ...... There's a lot of musicians that are RV's in parks and they can plug into the equipment and play and sing the way we have it set up.

Hey, as long as you quit by quiet time, have at it. I can imagine if the first night at a campground I hear a karaoke setup crankin' out I might have some thoughts of disbelief but if it's quiet during sleep time so be it. There have been plenty of times I would have rather heard horrible singing than loud boisterous drunks.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeAndTam View Post
I wandered from my room up the street to a CG for supper and noticed a motorhome identical to mine.
I have never seen an identical coach to this day!
Going to leave a small flea market once, I walked up to the car (2003 Ford Taurus wagon, dark grey) and the key didn't work in the door. I was like what the heck?! Then I realized it wasn't my car. It was an identical one parked right next to mine. It came in after I got there.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly
I hope you will seriously re-think this activity. In our almost 3yrs on the road... "this".... would have been deemed inappropriate behaviour in every CG's we stayed at during our travels. I believe that if this is your passion .....you need to confine it to (1) group campsites, or (2) designated entertainment areas or facilities (club house).
Closed Thread

Tags
campground