Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #99

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondar View Post
I have no problem with someone knocking on my door as long as the hour is reasonable. If they have a bottle of wine and just want to introduce themselves, all the better. We travel and camp to meet and enjoy new people and places. I can't tell you how many times a quick hello has turned into a long evening of drinks and food. We've met some really fun people since we bought our rig.

I don't mind the wood fires at all, but do prefer my campfire in a can in a pot :-)

This is one campfire I LIKE!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Since I don't want to transport beetles to another state and I don't want to pay 10 bucks for 5 sticks of wood, these campfires are becoming more appealing.

Question, Are these Beetles afoot or are they Airborne ? Also what is preventing them from going state to state on their own ?
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not to single anyone out here -
Are some suggesting that when this campground placed the fire ring where they did
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3937315613.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	51375
It was just a suggestion or optional - and instead of lighting the fire and then moving the camp chairs to it.... I could have moved the fire ring next to the chairs - or my neighbors coach? It appeared to me that the fire ring had never been moved - as the grass was green everywhere but inside the ring.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Question, Are these Beetles afoot or are they Airborne ? Also what is preventing them from going state to state on their own ?
I said "beetles" because in my geographic area the Emerald Ash Borer is getting the majority of the press. However, there are many insects, larvae, and pathogens that are destroying millions of acres of forests.
Here is a website with tons of information concerning the Don't Move Firewood campaign:
FAQs and General Information | Don't Move Firewood
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #103

It seems to me that campground etiquette is all about Respect & Common Sense. As such..

1) If you build a fire (even when allowed) and because of green wood & wind (or whatever ) .... it is drowning your neighbour in smoke...common sense suggests you skip the campfire tonight and respect your neighbours right to breath?

2) If your children, your dogs or guests are running through your neighbours site...common sense suggests you put a stop to this and respect your neighbours space.

3) Even though you may desperately want to see inside that shiny new Prevost.... common sense suggests you should respect the owners privacy and avoid knocking on the door just to see the inside.

4) Even though you love really loud rap music or competitive yodelling .....common sense suggests a campground may not be the best place for such things as an amplified karaoke machine & your impression of 50cent or blasting your 15' alpine horn and ear-splitting pre-recorded yodelling tunes.

5) Common sense & respect for your neighbours suggests that you should idle your big Diesel engine as little as possible while in the campground. Maybe idling the 400hp air compressor for 30-45 min. while you air-up your 6-8 tires is a bit disrespectful?

6) Just because you have a great cellular connection.... common sense suggests that you need not include everyone in the campground in your phone call to your grandchildren in Paduka.

7) Even though you are dying to share your knowledge of molecular physics....common sense suggests that while your neighbour is getting set-up ....this may not be the best time?

Whatever....if you have a difficult time with rules, regulations, common sense or with respecting your neighbours .....why not boondock in areas where there are NO neighbours or rules and you can run wild?

Ya think?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #104

Old 12-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #105

Be excellent to each other

or

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff
Old 12-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #106

Jack1234

Thumbs up. Right on, common sense just makes good sense to me.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
It seems to me that campground etiquette is all about Respect & Common Sense. As such..

1) If you build a fire (even when allowed) and because of green wood & wind (or whatever ) .... it is drowning your neighbour in smoke...common sense suggests you skip the campfire tonight and respect your neighbours right to breath?

2) If your children, your dogs or guests are running through your neighbours site...common sense suggests you put a stop to this and respect your neighbours space.

3) Even though you may desperately want to see inside that shiny new Prevost.... common sense suggests you should respect the owners privacy and avoid knocking on the door just to see the inside.

4) Even though you love really loud rap music or competitive yodelling .....common sense suggests a campground may not be the best place for such things as an amplified karaoke machine & your impression of 50cent or blasting your 15' alpine horn and ear-splitting pre-recorded yodelling tunes.

5) Common sense & respect for your neighbours suggests that you should idle your big Diesel engine as little as possible while in the campground. Maybe idling the 400hp air compressor for 30-45 min. while you air-up your 6-8 tires is a bit disrespectful?

6) Just because you have a great cellular connection.... common sense suggests that you need not include everyone in the campground in your phone call to your grandchildren in Paduka.

7) Even though you are dying to share your knowledge of molecular physics....common sense suggests that while your neighbour is getting set-up ....this may not be the best time?

Whatever....if you have a difficult time with rules, regulations, common sense or with respecting your neighbours .....why not boondock in areas where there are NO neighbours or rules and you can run wild?

Ya think?
common sense ?
Now theres an old fashioned word.
There seems to be a shortage of that these days !
Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I said "beetles" because in my geographic area the Emerald Ash Borer is getting the majority of the press. However, there are many insects, larvae, and pathogens that are destroying millions of acres of forests. Here is a website with tons of information concerning the Don't Move Firewood campaign: FAQs and General Information | Don't Move Firewood

Thank you, wrvond , That was interesting. I never hauled firewood so I never gave it much thought.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #109

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yeah.

What is this "common sense" you speak of ????

In my experience, some people lack this……
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #110

Common sense along with a reasonable amount of tolerance for others.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #111

Some things never change..
"Common sense is not so common." *Voltaire (1764)

Speaking of which, typically the night before predicates our actions following morning. ie we generally leave early going to a race event we try to leave as cleanly and as quietly as possible. So much so that I don't let the air down to level so to not need to air up the system in the morning so we can just start and go. Generally with just retracting the slides/unhook shore power and creep out.

However if the party folk are up late making inconsiderate noise, as stated above, you'd be surprised at how long it takes me to air up, high idle, fan the brakes, recycle up my aluminum cans on my way out.

What goes around...
Old 12-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #112
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
Yeah.

What is this "common sense" you speak of ????

In my experience, some people lack this……
common sense would be that when you see fire pits that there would be fires there. at that point you would either leave or accept the fact there will be smoke in the cg before you set up. if you accept there will be smoke there don't after the fact go ask someone to put their fire out who is enjoying the amenities they payed for. you already made your decision and payed your money to stay.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground