Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #29

So many CW stores, but so few techs available?

Stano

Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
So many CW stores, but so few techs available?

Stano
So true, the same can be said for auto service centers and motorcycle service centers....

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #31

I look for bargain items at CW. My work locally is done by guys I know. On the road you tend to be at the mercy of the local repair guy who is paid to sell you STUFF. That is why I carry two spare tires and my tools.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #32

CW in Gulf Breeze has done acceptable warranty work or me. In and out quickly and job done well. I would go back there.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To the original poster. Camping world has a fairly new CEO Marcus Lemonis. I had problems with my Good Sams warranty and sent him an email. The next day a vice president of each of the two areas I had complaints about called me and asked what the problem was. I told them and they took care of it. One of them told me that Marcus personally reads all emails sent to him about complaints.

I have been to camping worlds outside of the one in Little Rock where I bought my MH I have found that they are very busy. When I am going to get anything done at Little Rock I call and make an appointment. I have never had to stay there more than two days. I have been in situations where they had to order parts and I went home until the parts came in. ( new window for example and new leveling jack for another example) I went home and when the parts came in we made a new appointment to do the work. The reason I am asking is because when my satellite antenna went out I went to a camping world in northern California to see if they could check it and it was going to be almost three weeks before they could get me in to see it. Are you saying you made an appointment and they did not look at it for three weeks or did you show up and it was three weeks before they could look at it.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post
Does anyone else have problems with CW's service? We have had out ACE since April and it has been in for warranty work 3 times. The first time it was over 4 weeks, and this last time ( still there), it has been almost 5 weeks this time!
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Hanover PA - not so helpful

go to the above link at RV.net it will get you in the general area and you can see where a camping world manager is telling the person complaining to send him their contact information. Camping world and Good Sams monitor that particular forum and answer the complaints.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Local cw is a place to have a nervous breakdown. If lips are moving, they are lying. Several friends have also reported problems, some of which were major. I don't use them for anything due to past big time problems.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #36

I have been very unimpressed with their level of expertise and job performance. Their CEO should concentrate on getting his own house in order rather than off filming TV shows.
olddog1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's my first point. Why are some throwing stones instead of trying to redirect energies where it might do some good. Refer back to my post 22. Why can't we have a positive influence on what is already in place. There are a large number (100+) of CW's around the country. They are usually located along the major routes and as already stated we will encounter many as we travel. I ALSO WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST IN ANY CW. I STAND TO GAIN NOTHING FROM THESE COMMENTS.

Second point. Finding a good RV tech is very difficult. Having spent 35 years training kids to enter the world of automotive repair I know. Since we have homes on wheels an RV tech has to know much, much, much more. Think about what it would take to prepare a very smart individual to enter the field of RV service & repair. If you can't find a place with a good RV tech don't be surprised. That's why it's extremely important for a service facility (any of them) to recognize and admit when they can't competently fix a problem, find somebody locally who can and with confidence refer a customer to that facility. You the customer would be grateful. It's very unrealistic for a traveling family with a mechanical RV problem to be able to stop in a strange town and locate the best option for this service. On the other hand the local RV facility does or should know who they can use to fix something that they can't.

Third point. If the local CW GM ran into a problem that involved a computer concern on a Ford/GM product and their RV tech was at a loss and if they called me I know of at least two very competent independent facilities that could diagnose to problem.

Fourth point. Nobody can expect to find one facility that can do it all. Try finding an RV shop that can align your coach. Yes I realize that the DP's are built on large diesel chassis and they often have equipment to work on those chassis. We do have a very large number of gas coaches on the roads and most are on the F-53 chassis. We have no Ford facility here in town (80,000 population) that can handle a Ford chassis.

Fifth point. I know I'd be very pleased to be able to stop at a CW with a repair concern and speak to the head of service to determine if they could or knew of anybody locally who could diagnose a problem that we are having with our _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (what ever).

Sometime this week I will speak to our local GM and find out if Marcus Lemonis if ever going to be in town and I'll make an appointment to speak to him about this idea. What's the idea??? A list of local contacts available through the CW's of quality repair facilities that can address those concerns that are above the capabilities of the local CW technicians.

It's just an idea !!

TeJay
Old 09-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Here's my first point. Why are some throwing stones instead of trying to redirect energies where it might do some good. Refer back to my post 22. Why can't we have a positive influence on what is already in place. There are a large number (100+) of CW's around the country. They are usually located along the major routes and as already stated we will encounter many as we travel. I ALSO WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST IN ANY CW. I STAND TO GAIN NOTHING FROM THESE COMMENTS.

Second point. Finding a good RV tech is very difficult. Having spent 35 years training kids to enter the world of automotive repair I know. Since we have homes on wheels an RV tech has to know much, much, much more. Think about what it would take to prepare a very smart individual to enter the field of RV service & repair. If you can't find a place with a good RV tech don't be surprised. That's why it's extremely important for a service facility (any of them) to recognize and admit when they can't competently fix a problem, find somebody locally who can and with confidence refer a customer to that facility. You the customer would be grateful. It's very unrealistic for a traveling family with a mechanical RV problem to be able to stop in a strange town and locate the best option for this service. On the other hand the local RV facility does or should know who they can use to fix something that they can't.

Third point. If the local CW GM ran into a problem that involved a computer concern on a Ford/GM product and their RV tech was at a loss and if they called me I know of at least two very competent independent facilities that could diagnose to problem.

Fourth point. Nobody can expect to find one facility that can do it all. Try finding an RV shop that can align your coach. Yes I realize that the DP's are built on large diesel chassis and they often have equipment to work on those chassis. We do have a very large number of gas coaches on the roads and most are on the F-53 chassis. We have no Ford facility here in town (80,000 population) that can handle a Ford chassis.

Fifth point. I know I'd be very pleased to be able to stop at a CW with a repair concern and speak to the head of service to determine if they could or knew of anybody locally who could diagnose a problem that we are having with our _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (what ever).

Sometime this week I will speak to our local GM and find out if Marcus Lemonis if ever going to be in town and I'll make an appointment to speak to him about this idea. What's the idea??? A list of local contacts available through the CW's of quality repair facilities that can address those concerns that are above the capabilities of the local CW technicians.

It's just an idea !!

TeJay
Well first of all we are newbies. Maybe only people who have done this for years should buy RV's. Second, all of our problems are house related, not with the Ford engine, etc. Third, my husband didn't teach mechanics, he was in sales, but seems to me when you ,buy an expensive RV under factory warranty, the people that sell them SHOULD know how to fix them! Fourth, the CW that is the closest to our house has had the RV before and it took them 6 weeks to fix it..no big fixes either! The CW that it's at now is over 60 miles away, and at 8 miles to the gallon, well you figure it out! We didn't have in our budget gas expense to keep running back and forth to the dealer( plus car gas).
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
To the original poster. Camping world has a fairly new CEO Marcus Lemonis. I had problems with my Good Sams warranty and sent him an email. The next day a vice president of each of the two areas I had complaints about called me and asked what the problem was. I told them and they took care of it. One of them told me that Marcus personally reads all emails sent to him about complaints.

I have been to camping worlds outside of the one in Little Rock where I bought my MH I have found that they are very busy. When I am going to get anything done at Little Rock I call and make an appointment. I have never had to stay there more than two days. I have been in situations where they had to order parts and I went home until the parts came in. ( new window for example and new leveling jack for another example) I went home and when the parts came in we made a new appointment to do the work. The reason I am asking is because when my satellite antenna went out I went to a camping world in northern California to see if they could check it and it was going to be almost three weeks before they could get me in to see it. Are you saying you made an appointment and they did not look at it for three weeks or did you show up and it was three weeks before they could look at it.
To Gemini. We had an appointment..it is now over 5 weeks that it has been there. Maybe we are just not patient people, but 5 weeks to fix problems that were on the ORIGINAL work sheet seems a little extreme!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post

Well first of all we are newbies. Maybe only people who have done this for years should buy RV's. Second, all of our problems are house related, not with the Ford engine, etc. Third, my husband didn't teach mechanics, he was in sales, but seems to me when you ,buy an expensive RV under factory warranty, the people that sell them SHOULD know how to fix them! Fourth, the CW that is the closest to our house has had the RV before and it took them 6 weeks to fix it..no big fixes either! The CW that it's at now is over 60 miles away, and at 8 miles to the gallon, well you figure it out! We didn't have in our budget gas expense to keep running back and forth to the dealer( plus car gas).
Go to this web site:

http://www.rv.net/

Your will see a section titled "DEAR MARCUS". He is the CEO of the Camping World/Good Sam combo. He is known for his action to solve problems. Outline your problems and concerns in a very factual, non confrontational manner and see if you get a response. I don't mean that you shouldn't convey your disappointment and frustration.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Nanc58... I guarantee you that if you go over to rv.net and click on "dear Marcus" and then click on "Camping World Service and Installation" and post your same comments you did here....you WILL get a response from Camping World representative very quickly.

Complaining here will accomplish nothing.

Ron
Old 09-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #42

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
Nanc58... I guarantee you that if you go over to rv.net and click on "dear Marcus" and then click on "Camping World Service and Installation" and post your same comments you did here....you WILL get a response from Camping World representative very quickly.

Complaining here will accomplish nothing.

Ron
TRUE, but that may be because iRV2.com is one of the places related to RVing that Marcus does not own, control, or influence.

Ya'll do know that "rv.net" is another part of his CW / GS empire, right?