Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have had CW do 3 jobs for me:

1) Install a washer/dryer.
2) Install a King Dome satelite system.
3) Replace a levelling jack.

None of them went smoothly.

1) Took 3 visits to the shop.
2) Took 3 visits to the shop.
3) Took 1 visit to the shop, but they had me waiting 2 hours after the work was done, to get the paperwork finished.

I will use them again but only if I have no other option.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #44

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just don't understand. I guess my 69 years of age and 40 years teaching and working on mechanical things counts for nothing. That's OK because my only goal is to cut to the chase, try to direct people to a good experience and get your RV on the road with as little expense as is needed and with little fuss. Well that's in a perfect world.

OK so you had a bad experience at any RV dealer. So that does not make them all bad nor does it prevent us or you from communicating your concerns to try and make it better.

So you have to drive 60 miles to maybe a better dealer for repairs. that just may be the price you'll have to pay for quality work. Your closer dealer will soon realize there's a problem and maybe try to fix it. I think that's called Capitalism or free-enterprise?? You don't do good work you don't stay in business. If you want to stay in business you get with the program and get your technicians trained.

I'm not here saying that all of anything is the same. Yes there are good and bad. If you but a 100-K toy you should have a few bucks to keep it running. Oh by the way Marcus has been the first and only CEO of CW. He's new to them but not new to the business world. If you can open up a dialogue with him by all means do so. That's the positive way to maybe get things done.

As far as all repair facilities having qualified technicians to fix the things they sell well again that's in a perfect world. Read my other post concerning the educational administrative idiots that are closing all the technical programs when they can because they know and believe that all kids need to go to college to get a REAL eduMacation so they can all get REAL GOOD jobs. LOL

I spoke to our local CW's GM and this is some of what I learned. There are about 2,400 certified RV technicians in the U.S. CW employ's about 1,800 of them. His technicians come in early three days a week and take classes to get their certifications. The RV certification test is given once a year. If they don't pass or don't take it they have to wait until the next year.

Communication is the name of the game. If all you want to do is complain then you will get almost nowhere.

Here was my last experience. I had a bad GY tire on the new (700 miles) coach. It pulled to the right. To most and that included me that's a simple fix. Get a new tire. Well it does not work that way. TWO GY dealers said,"We'll sell you a new tire ($700) and submit your claim to GY but don't hold your breath, they are not likely to honor it because they don't make a bad tire. My last resort was to stop at a Fleet GY store owned by GY. He said that he would flip tire tire on the RF rim and if it still pulled he'd give me a new tire. He did, and it didn't pull so we are good. If you were passing through our town and had a tire problem wouldn't it be nice to have a facility that can direct you to a quality repair facility????

I will contact Marcus through rv.net and see what he has to say.

JMHO
TeJay

Old 09-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Oh by the way Marcus has been the first and only CEO of CW. He's new to them but not new to the business world. If you can open up a dialogue with him by all means do so. That's the positive way to maybe get things done.

I will contact Marcus through rv.net and see what he has to say.

JMHO
TeJay
TIM: I don't disagree with much of what you posted, but want to ask if you KNOW "who" is the OWNER of CW / GS.

I don't think Marcus is JUST the CEO, but I've been wrong before.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #46

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post
To Gemini. We had an appointment..it is now over 5 weeks that it has been there. Maybe we are just not patient people, but 5 weeks to fix problems that were on the ORIGINAL work sheet seems a little extreme!
Well, our Dutch Star was at the dealer for 103 days out of the first 305 days of ownership and I still had to drive it from WA to Nappanee IN to get it fixed since the dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix it. That's 2,200 miles, one way. Luckily WA law requires the manufacturer to pay for any transportation costs if the rig has to be transported over 100 miles for warranty repairs.
They are no longer a Newmar dealer, in fact I think they're out of business now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
edgray,
I don't know but I will try to find out so we'll both know. I just sent Marcus a long e-mail. We'll see what happens.

TeJay
Old 09-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #48

Yes I feel the same about cw seem to never have trained people at least at the one down the road from me I will give them a positive note they have lots of camping gear and RV accessories
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #49

They wanted 3500 bucks for a 10000 lb black ox tow bar installed on a 2500 HD I got it done at a trailer company same gear etc 1567.00
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-1 View Post
They wanted 3500 bucks for a 10000 lb black ox tow bar installed on a 2500 HD I got it done at a trailer company same gear etc 1567.00
I'm guessing you mean a Blue OX base plate installed on your PU and a tow bar. Installing the tow bar onto the coach only involves pushing it into the receiver and inserting a pin. I didn't know CW sold Blue Ox equipment
Ed
Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #51

Yes my bad blue ox I'm in little rock and that's the deal here I will not go there for service I might buy something I can't get somewhere else but that's about it that's just my experience with cw
Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-1 View Post
Yes my bad blue ox I'm in little rock and that's the deal here I will not go there for service I might buy something I can't get somewhere else but that's about it that's just my experience with cw
I have been to the little rock CW dealer many times. When I have a problem I have gone to the general manage there and I can honestly say that he has bent over backwards to make whatever problem I have had good. I had a leveling jack replaced with no problems I had the wind sensor on my awning repaired. The tech took a while to find the problem I talked with him about it. He had called the manufacturer about the problem he was having and they were stumped. He had replaced everything and it still did not work. He finally went through and started replacing things again. The new communication cord that he took out of a sealed package was bad. They replace my satellite dish ad we talked about how I needed it wired they did that very well. The first time I went to the little rock cw I was not very happy with my experience. I complained to the GM and he took care of it. They have had a problem getting a good service manager. I believe they have finally solved that problem. I actually drive the 300 mile round trip to have them work on my unit rather than have the RV dealership 30 miles round trip from my house work on my unit. I have not tried the dealership in Lowell yet although they are a lot closer to me than LIttle Rock. The one in Lowell is fairly new and I wanted them to get setup a little before I went there. I am happy to hear the poster from Lowell saying good things about them.

I was under the impression that Marcus was a new CEO I did not realize that he had always been the CEO.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #53

Ford Super Duty Owner
gemini,
Thanks, for the comment. I am encouraged with what I have noticed concerning the Lowell CW. As stated the GM there is committed to doing things correctly. He told me yesterday that he spent almost $20,000 on lousy repair work that was performed before he took over the dealership last Oct. That's a commitment to get it done right. I will have to use this dealership if I have any issues with the coach.
Last week I stopped in and asked the GM if he had a good tech to advise me on our hydraulic jacks. We went back in the shop. We've only used the jacks a few times at CG's on our way home from Iowa. At home I pushed the retract button and the coach bounced and shuddered down horribly. I tried it twice and the same thing. The tech said this. It's not low in fluid because it would have different symptoms so there's only one thing that could cause it. The jacks are tilted in slightly at the top for more stability and as the coach lowers the jack pads have to slide inward based on the angle of tilt and they can't because they are on a rough concrete driveway. He suggested placing some smooth wooden pads under the jacks. I went home tried it and it worked. Most campgrounds will have dirt under them so no problem.

TeJay
Old 09-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #54

I have done that. Hopefully we will get some answers. I don't mean to "complain" , just looking for answers from some of you RV owners that know the ropes. I guess we just didn't expect to have all these issues. We had a Coachmen for a year before we bought this one, and never had to have any warranty work done on it!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only service I have actually had done by Camping World was to replace a bad refridgerator. It went bad the day we were supposed to leave on our trip and they went out of there way to find and replace it all in one day. I have to give them a hat's off for that effort.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #56

I recently had some work done at the Council Bluff's store and thought they treated us well, would use them again. Only problem was forest river took a day to return their call.