Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #57

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post
Does anyone else have problems with CW's service? We have had out ACE since April and it has been in for warranty work 3 times. The first time it was over 4 weeks, and this last time ( still there), it has been almost 5 weeks this time!
It may depend on the location. All I know is that CW in New Braunfels, TX (San Antonio store) had our new Meridian for a good 6 months of the the first year we owned it. Lots of promises; NO action from the service department. I'll never go back there for service.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
TRUE, but that may be because iRV2.com is one of the places related to RVing that Marcus does not own, control, or influence.

Ya'll do know that "rv.net" is another part of his CW / GS empire, right?
I'm sorry and with all due respect...I fail to see what difference it makes if Marcus owns GS/CW/RV.NET? If you post a problem there, he (or his reps) will contact you almost immediately to help resolve the problem. What in the world is wrong with that????

Ron

Old 09-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
I've been back over to RV.NET several times looking for a post from Nanc58 to see if she is getting her problem looked at. Looks like she doesn't believe us....well, her loss.

Ron
Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
I've been back over to RV.NET several times looking for a post from Nanc58 to see if she is getting her problem looked at. Looks like she doesn't believe us....well, her loss.

Ron
This is Nanc58.! I have emailed Marcus..3 days ago. Still no response. I DO believe you, but give me a break. We are not used to waiting over a month to have simple repairs done..we want to USE this RV, not let it sit at CW! Am I wrong in expecting good warranty work? Everyone has different issues, so don't judge till you walk in my shoes!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #61

Nanc58 don't blame you a bit hope you get things going but remember where not to go in future good luck !!
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #62

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
I'm sorry and with all due respect...I fail to see what difference it makes if Marcus owns GS/CW/RV.NET? If you post a problem there, he (or his reps) will contact you almost immediately to help resolve the problem. What in the world is wrong with that????

Ron
Absolutely nothing, and I hope posting there get issues resolved for owners. I posted my remarks only to provide "full disclosure" since a previous post stated that iRV2.com was not the right venue for complaints about CW. AFAIK, iRV2.com does not claim to be anything more than an online community where we share info-see the mission statement.

I'm plead guilty for being pretty defensive about my favorite RV forum. Ed
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #63

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
This is Nanc58.! I have emailed Marcus..3 days ago. Still no response. I DO believe you, but give me a break. We are not used to waiting over a month to have simple repairs done..we want to USE this RV, not let it sit at CW! Am I wrong in expecting good warranty work? Everyone has different issues, so don't judge till you walk in my shoes!
I feel your pain, but wonder if you have reached out to TMC for help in getting your warranty items addressed. CW isn't the only outfit that can do warranty repairs on your ACE.

FWIW, a personal email to the CEO of a major corporation isn't the same as open forum postings, which others here have stated will get you an almost immediate response from "somebody". Maybe give that a try........ Good luck, Ed
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nance, I suspect you have involved TMC at this point or hopefully you have. As I mentioned in my most frustrating times at the warranty stage our dealer was completely ignoring us. No not CW we tried to do business at CW in Myrtle Beach thankfully they blew us off! Oh happy day!! Go to another RV repair shop have Thor line them up, Fleetwood did this for us, work was completed, we paid the bill and were reimbursed ASAP. Of course make arrangements thru Thor. Remember, CW is being paid for your inconvenience and frustrations.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I am suprised you did not get a response. I emailed him at 2am on a monday morning and had two different managers call me before 9am monday
Old 09-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #66

Cw sad story

We drove 100 miles to a CW repair center to have our oil changed. To the tune of $170.00 my first oil change since we bought our Allegro Bay from CW in Myrtle Beach. Another bad move. Picked up and were riding down the road oil coming out on the windshield. They never put the filler cap back on. The only good thing I can say about them for as much as they screwed over on us with our trade in. Is they still can't sell it and are still sitting on it. Our 2009 Forest river Forester class C is still in Myrtle Beach. They told us the best they could do was $39,300.for ours. Their first listing was for $72,000. now at $56,000 something. Maybe a little profit but lets stopping trying to stick it to people. Hope to visit my camper in Jan. when I go back down their.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #67

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
Our 2009 Forest river Forester class C is still in Myrtle Beach. They told us the best they could do was $39,300.for ours. Their first listing was for $72,000. now at $56,000 something. Maybe a little profit but lets stopping trying to stick it to people. Hope to visit my camper in Jan. when I go back down there.
Well, what price people will pay is up to the prospective purchaser, not the one who traded it in, nor even the seller. When CW gets the price right someone will buy it. You must have been OK with the offer or you wouldn't have taken their offer.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #68

Your wright my fault but we wanted the unit they were selling. I know I sound bitter but that's just me I don't double deal anyone and will walk across fire to help someone.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #69

Interestingly enough is the payscale for RV techs vs Automotive techs. Even though RV techs have a bazillion more things to be knowledgeable in, most are paid less than $30,000/yr on average. ($14-$17.00/hr) Meanwhile most general automotive techs will make over $40k/yr. If you are getting good service from a tech he/she must be very committed to doing what they like to do - the payscale certainly isn't going to attract anybody who doesn't truly love to do the job.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #70

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
If a fella has to belong to the rip off presidents club to by toilet paper, then Walmart is the destination of choice