Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #85

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
a

I guess what I meant was: did you contact them through rv.net?? That method seems to work much better than sending him an email. Give it a shot....what do you have to lose? I bet you'll get a much better response.

Ron
RON: did you see post 71,72,& 73 above?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #86

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
RON: did you see post 71,72,& 73 above?
Yes, I did. Tejay said he was going to contact through rv.net, but in the next post he said he is going to send "another email".

First of all, I was directing my post to Nanc58 not tejay...and second, I still say using rv.net as the medium to contact Marcus is the better way to go.

Ron

Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post
Yes I did send him an email. I received a response from his office saying they would contact me. That was a week ago. By the way, the RV is still at CW..today makes it 6weeks. Guess we shouldn't pay storage rates, just let it stay at CW! I don't know why we spent thousands of dollars for a BRAND NEW RV that has been at CW more than with us!

Feel your pain. The Lakewood Nj store had ours for three weeks for a "free" insurance estimate that we were guaranteed would only take two days from the appointment/drop off day. The last straw was when we couldn't get anyone on the phone and our insurance adjuster said he had tried multiple times to see the rv. We drove up and our coach was parked unlocked in their customer lot. Assumed it was moved up front to pick up and they just hadn't called me yet. Nope it was moved to make room according to a sales rep, who wasn't sure if it was for sale or just traded in or since it had plates it might just be a customers. The entire experience was just unreal for words. Service department refused to acknowledge it was out front, insisting it was out back and needed to wait for a service tech to bring it up. We let them know we were taking it home and leaving. 6 days later they call to ask when I'd be picking up the rv since the estimate still wasn't done. I laughed, new awning was installed already and paid for by my insurance.

Sweedsboro store was used to install a new awning on our last coach 10 yrs ago, I said 19' tech insisted it was an 18', awning came in, dropped it off. They installed it in four hours. Great, nope they installed the 18 footer putting new holes in our coach, removing old brackets in the rear, and tried to hide the fact with self sticking reflectors. I complained, they offered a very reasonable discount for their screw up. I was still upset but the discount did help. That is until the first rain, old bracket location up top leaked and the new location leaked, badly. Very and I mean very minimal sealant was used.

Camping world near Charolette NC, this past summer. Stopped in to shop their retail section. Came out to a flat front tire, manager sent a tech out to inflate it. The tech inflated the tire, then told us it would be $240 to check the tire. I thanked him for the fill and said I would head down the road to a tire shop that was cheaper. Service manager and tech then tried to charge me $180 for the fill, then $100. We refused, they threatened to call the police, I agreed to wait, the police never showed after 30 mins. And I did tip the tech $20. Had the tire pulled and inspected down the road for $45. Bad valve stem.

CW sucks in my book.

BTW posting on rv.net got us nowhere. But some back and forth emails.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #88

The email address was from rv.net. Like I say, they sent me an email that someone would call us....still waiting!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #89

A month still stuck a just me but it would be attorney time and let them keep that rig
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyk View Post

CW sucks in my book.

BTW posting on rv.net got us nowhere. But some back and forth emails.
Hummm... this seems to contradict what you posted in rv.net which is as follows:

"RE: Brand new Travel Trailer now in the shop for 2 weeks

To be fair and accurate, I received a response to the the e-mail I sent to Mr. Lemonis assuring me he would check into my problem. He was true to his word. I received a call from the service department this morning. At this point we are at the mercy of the factory for replacement parts."

I'm confused...

Ron
Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #91

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post
The email address was from rv.net. Like I say, they sent me an email that someone would call us....still waiting!
Ok, once again I'll repeat myself. Forget the email.... post your problem on the rv.net at the Camping World Service and Installation forum. I guarantee you will get a much better, quicker, and more productive response from them.

Ron
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #92

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Ok, once again I'll repeat myself. Forget the email.... post your problem on the rv.net at the Camping World Service and Installation forum. I guarantee you will get a much better, quicker, and more productive response from them.

Ron
WOW. You are much more confident than I would be, unless you are one of "them" that will reply on behalf of CW. I'm just not sure how any of us can "guarantee" an action by someone else. I learned that lesson the hard way, when I was an Ambassador for a company that no longer exists.

The OP stated she received an email replying that "they" would CALL her, but that has not happened (yet). Your advice for her is to "forget" that email contact and make more internet forum posts (elsewhere) and expect better results. I do agree she's got nothing to loose by trying that, BUT the big question is WHY should THAT be necessary to get CW to do what's right for their customer.

Personally, I would like to hear back from the OP about why she has apparently not gotten help from the Manufacturer (Thor). Assuming their warranty is still in effect, it is THOR who is ultimately responsible to fix the problems, not CW.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #93

Quote:
Hummm... this seems to contradict what you posted in rv.net which is as follows:

"RE: Brand new Travel Trailer now in the shop for 2 weeks

To be fair and accurate, I received a response to the the e-mail I sent to Mr. Lemonis assuring me he would check into my problem. He was true to his word. I received a call from the service department this morning. At this point we are at the mercy of the factory for replacement parts."

I'm confused...

Ron

You're confused? I'm confused since the quote above is not mine. Oh SNAP! You aren't as godly as you think. You just cut and pasted the way you wanted. You have lost all respect. Did you not think anyone would click on your convenient clicky? AND CW SUCKS.

Below is my quote:
Um? NO, "Hauled it to Chattanooga and it has been there over 2 weeks. All I get are lots of empty promises from the Knoxville Sales Manager and service department in Chattanooga.". This is the issue, not the leak, completely CW's fault for not being truthful, not returning calls, and I would bet if the OP called the manufacturer he may find that they have just now received a claim, not two weeks ago.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #94

Quote:

Ron

It does help in some situations but most posters with complaints just become a punching bag for people like you. Ultimately it boils down to the treatment of their customers.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #95
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, let's knock off the personal comments as they are not permitted by our rules or in keeping with our mission statement.

Thanks!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #96

Ford Super Duty Owner
Edgray,
I'm not confused. Well maybe a little but for 69 I'm probably right in there with the rest.
I first posted a letter to Marcus on the opening page. After a week and no response at your request I posted on the RV net forums and got an answer within 1 day.
They asked me to send a PM with my idea. I got a response the same day. They think the idea is great and they will present it to the group for review.
I guess we'll see where that will go and I will keep interested parties informed when there's something to report.

TeJay
Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #97

Frustrated to say the least I would be!!
but why keep letting them jerk around if this is a for real deal way too much BS for me to say the least but I do understand there is 2 sides to every story!!
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #98

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Edgray,
I'm not confused. Well maybe a little but for 69 I'm probably right in there with the rest.
I first posted a letter to Marcus on the opening page. After a week and no response at your request I posted on the RV net forums and got an answer within 1 day.
They asked me to send a PM with my idea. I got a response the same day. They think the idea is great and they will present it to the group for review.
I guess we'll see where that will go and I will keep interested parties informed when there's something to report.

TeJay
TeJay: I never said you were confused. I did post that I was confused.

FWIW, I'm not sure how this thread has turned into a "blame game", but it sure seems to me that several of us have been making posts that seem rooted in a desire to promote, or perhaps defend, one forum or the other.

As for me, I'm done asking questions that may seem to be questioning other member's motives. I do hope the OP gets their coach fixed, and that ALL of the suggestions offered here help accomplish that end.
Ed