Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #99

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like I have said before I might have just gotten lucky but my email that I wrote very early as in 2am ish on a Monday morning to marcus had two phone calls from the two different departments I complained about by 9am that Monday. I do not know how things have changed or what I just know my response was about as instantaneous as I could expect.

When I have bad service at the CW I deal with I complain to the manager and they do something about it. I went there just before they closed one time and was getting some new light bulbs for the fixtures in the MH I took them up to the desk and was told they had closed down the registers already and I could not check out with them I had to leave the bulbs there. I have never been in a store that did not let customers that were shopping finish checking out. I complained to the manager about it. The next time I was in there I was talking to one of the salesmen I knew about It and he said the manager had a meeting and told everyone that the registers were not to close down ever until all the customers in the store at closing time had made their purchases and left. It is not a big thing but he took care of it. Once again maybe I have just been lucky and I had a lot of complaints about that store but through complaints to the manager it had improved to where I like to shop there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #100

Ford Super Duty Owner
edgray,
This is to all interested parties concerning my attempts to contact Marcus or somebody who could get my message to Marcus. After posting on the RV.net I got a response from a team member as you can read on the rv net forum. I sent my idea to him and his response was. "That's a great idea and I will share it with the team." We'll see where that goes.

All we can do it try to keep lines of communications open to those that can make a difference. Gemini 5362 has demonstrated that it does work. In today's market place if a company refuses to listen to customers concerns it will hurt their business and eventually they may not not survive.

TeJay

Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #101

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok, I'm very sorry if I have offended anyone... my sole purpose here was to help out Nanc58 with her problem. I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with rv.net or Camping World or Good Sam. I spoke entirely from seeing great results on the rv.net forum when people were having problem and thought I would pass on this experience.

Again, to all, I apologize if I have stepped on anyone's toes...it was not my intent.

Ron
Old 09-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
Ok, I'm very sorry if I have offended anyone... my sole purpose here was to help out Nanc58 with her problem. I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with rv.net or Camping World or Good Sam. I spoke entirely from seeing great results on the rv.net forum when people were having problem and thought I would pass on this experience.

Again, to all, I apologize if I have stepped on anyone's toes...it was not my intent.

Ron

I too must apologize, I let my anger towards CW get in the way. I didn't mean to take it out on you (well kinda). A majority of posters on rv.net tend to gang up on people with issues with CW, and felt this was going the same way.

Nothing was accomplished by being in contact with their "rapid response team". Concerning the insurance quote issue, they held our coach hostage, everything we were told and even signed were lies. Free became only if we used them for the repairs(which according to Marcus is NOT the policy) we were told they do body work on site, they don't. We could pick our coach up anytime we wanted to use it, couldn't. All we wanted was an apology for losing out on camping in July and their blatant lies.

Then the utter incompetence we experienced at other locations, when it comes to a company with such a name some people think "well this must be how it is" and really it's not.

Hijack time:

Just this a.m. I went to the Lakewood location, they have a clearance section that usually has some very good deals. I do like to stop in to check it out from time to time. Well I picked up a couple of full size camping cots for $18 each normally $99 each. Why? Mostly the price, but anyways. I'm checking out, give my phone # for the member discount, go to swipe credit card. Women says little machine swiper is broken I'll swipe it. OK. I go to sign and notice the total is $300+. WHOA! The woman rang me up for a GPS unit that was by the register, note, not where you put checkout items. She thought I was the one buying it.

Would you believe the trouble and arrogance I received from the sales manager?? Things such as "it's an electronic device, we can't just return it", to "well there's a mandatory restocking fee built into the system". I refused to leave until they refunded it. All the while the poor sales women was profusely apologizing, at one point was told by the manager to go in he back "she wasn't helping". I had to threaten to call the police, and told them I would file a theft by deception report. UNBELIEVABLE. The manager finally voided and credited me after about 30 mins. I did buy the cots though, couldn't beat the price.