Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
I just don't understand........ . Oh by the way Marcus has been the first and only CEO of CW. He's new to them but not new to the business world. If you can open up a dialogue with him by all means do so. That's the positive way to maybe get things done...................

Communication is the name of the game. If all you want to do is complain then you will get almost nowhere.......

I will contact Marcus through rv.net and see what he has to say.

TeJay
TeJay: It has been several days.........did you get a response from Marcus?
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #72

Ford Super Duty Owner
ED,
Funny you should ask. No I have not heard from the man. I may try another e-mail BUT that might be counterproductive to my point.
After thinking about it I may do that but I'll try a different approach. I'll try the, "I think you should monitor the iRV2 forums because you are getting some bad press over here." Maybe he'll respond.

TeJay
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
ED,
Funny you should ask. No I have not heard from the man. I may try another e-mail BUT that might be counterproductive to my point.
After thinking about it I may do that but I'll try a different approach. I'll try the, "I think you should monitor the iRV2 forums because you are getting some bad press over here." Maybe he'll respond.

TeJay
THANKS for quick reply. I'm confused. I thought you said posting a complaint or plea for help on their forum website was the best way to go, but your reply indicates "e-mail". Which is it?

In the past, whenever someone posted a link to a discussion here on iRV2 on the RV.net forums it would get redacted or deleted. "Don't mess with another monkey's monkey" comes to mind.
Ed
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #74

Freightliner Owners Club
So many on post have suggested it was probably just the CW visited at that moment in time that was the problem. On a recent trip to Dallas, I needed an item that CW only carries and I called the local CW to ask about availability of item. They said they couldn't help me and weren't aware of part. Ok, I'll wait.

Then called Asheville, NC store while staying at Bear Creek RV--an excellent RV site that is exceptionally maintained and managed. CW said they had part in stock so we traveled the 12 miles to Henderson. Don't know why they call it the Asheville store but that's minor. Very nice, new facility. Store must have at least twenty salesman windowed cubicles. Very impressive. Attitude of salespeople same as every CW I've been in--"I'm busy." The closest sales experience I can relate to is Best Buy. If your not an attractive female under 25, there is no chance
of service. In CW, it's not your sex or age, I think it's just when your breathing.

On the way to car, we walked down to look at a new MH parked in the front lower parking area. We walked around and hung out in front for at least 10 minutes. No sign of any any salesperson. I guess they were all busy cleaning their cubicles.

My opinion is this is not a store problem, it's a corporate problem. For those that have had a positive store experience, that's good.

They now place a flyer in your bag that says CEO will respond to any and all emails. From posts, sounds like he's too busy supervising the empire of newly acquired stores with many cubicles.
zeeyaarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeyaarv View Post
........ On a recent trip to Dallas, I needed an item that CW only carries and I called the local CW to ask about availability of item. They said they couldn't help me and weren't aware of part. Ok, I'll wait.

Then called Asheville, NC store .............. CW said they had part in stock so we traveled the 12 miles to Henderson...........
Since CW is basically a retailer and doesn't make most of what they sell, I'm amazed by your comment that "only" CW carries it. If you don't mind, what is that part, and did they actually have it after travelling to the "Asheville" store?

I've found good prices & service online at RVUPGRADES.com and they have even located & sold me items not displayed in the online catalogue after I made a CS inquiry. I'm pretty sure RVU is a supporting sponsor of iRV2. Ed
Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #76

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post

Since CW is basically a retailer and doesn't make most of what they sell, I'm amazed by your comment that "only" CW carries it. If you don't mind, what is that part, and did they actually have it after travelling to the "Asheville" store?

I've found good prices & service online at RVUPGRADES.com and they have even located & sold me items not displayed in the online catalogue after I made a CS inquiry. I'm pretty sure RVU is a supporting sponsor of iRV2. Ed
No, I don't mind. The Video Control Center box was no longer made by the original manufacturer
but was through a company called Quest. I contacted the company and they sent this reply

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2920760743.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	46503

I also am a fan of RVupgrades with many satisfied purchases. If they have item, I was not in position to order on line. And yes, CW did have in stock. (Actually a good price)
Old 09-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #77

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Then called Asheville, NC store while staying at Bear Creek RV--an excellent RV site that is exceptionally maintained and managed. CW said they had part in stock so we traveled the 12 miles to Henderson.
Correction. That should be Hendersonville, NC.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #78

With all the problems people are having with CW, I must be in the wrong stores marked CW. I have dealt with CW stores in St Augustine, Fl Jacksonville,Fl. and Fort Myers, Fl. and one in SC, cannot remember the city. Everyone was quick to ask if they could help. I have had excellent assistance in all of them.
koda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
So many on post have suggested it was probably just the CW visited at that moment in time that was the problem. On a recent trip to Dallas, I needed an item that CW only carries and I called the local CW to ask about availability of item. They said they couldn't help me and weren't aware of part. Ok, I'll wait.

Then called Asheville, NC store while staying at Bear Creek RV--an excellent RV site that is exceptionally maintained and managed. CW said they had part in stock so we traveled the 12 miles to Henderson. Don't know why they call it the Asheville store but that's minor. Very nice, new facility. Store must have at least twenty salesman windowed cubicles. Very impressive. Attitude of salespeople same as every CW I've been in--"I'm busy." The closest sales experience I can relate to is Best Buy. If your not an attractive female under 25, there is no chance
of service. In CW, it's not your sex or age, I think it's just when your breathing.

On the way to car, we walked down to look at a new MH parked in the front lower parking area. We walked around and hung out in front for at least 10 minutes. No sign of any any salesperson. I guess they were all busy cleaning their cubicles.

My opinion is this is not a store problem, it's a corporate problem. For those that have had a positive store experience, that's good.

They now place a flyer in your bag that says CEO will respond to any and all emails. From posts, sounds like he's too busy supervising the empire of newly acquired stores with many cubicles.
I have had experiences like you describe at other stores besides CW. I usually go and find the store manager and have a frank discussion with them. I recall the time my son was looking for a new car. We drove up to the side of a dealership and parked we were in blue jeans and just a pullover shirt did not look that dressed up. We literally walked by 6 salesmen who were very busy telling jokes and having fun. None of them had time to talk to us. We looked in the show room for about ten minutes and no one came up to talk to us. I went to the receptionist and asked to see the general manager. She paged him and pointed us out to him when he asked if he could help us I pointed out at my new Porsche and said we drove up in my car and my son is looking for a new Suzuki your salesman were too busy telling jokes to help us can you do something about that. Needless to say in about 5 min there was a salesman apologizing profusely and showing us anything we wanted to look at.

Another time when I was younger my friend and I were looking at new televisions we were in Florida and a new appliance store had just opened up. We were with small children and everybody was dressed pretty comfortable for hot weather. None of the salesman would wait on us for half an hour but would wait on other customers who were more nicely dressed as soon as they walked in. A salesman finally waited on my friend and while I was waiting for him another salesman asked if he could help me. I explained that it was obvious we were not considered appropriate customers unless no one had come walking in the door for 15 or 20 minutes and we were the only ones to ask if we needed help. The guy offered to get the manager and I told him I was not interested in that. I was not going to buy anything in the store so no need for me to complain. The salesman insisted and when the manager got there I told him my complaint. He literally told me to get out of his store threw me and my friend out of the store and my friend was in the middle of paying for his new tv. We left and the next day at my office I was telling the story about what happened. One of the guys I work with heard me and said his neighbor owned that chain of stores and was really happy about the new one I had been in because it was his tenth store. The guy I worked with called his neighbor and told him what happened the neighbor asked to speak to me and asked me about it and what the manager looked like. I told him and he said yep that was the manager. He told me if I wanted to go back to that store I would not have to speak to that manager ever again and he would make me a good deal to make up for what happened. I thanked him but had already bought a tv somewhere else. The next day the guy I worked with told me his neighbor had fired that manager over the incident.

The morals of these stories are
1. Camping world does not have a moratorium on bad service
2. Complain to the manager and if that does not work go over their head you can generally find someone who does not condone bad service and you can make your shopping experiences and the people that come after you better by bringing bad service to managers attention.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #80

Tiffin Owners Club
What ever happened to Nanc58???? Did she ever get contacted by Marcus? Sure would like to know the ending to this story.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #81

la Mesa RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Is La Mesa RV any better than CW? A new La Mesa just opened a couple miles from me; right across from HD and Lowe's.
I bought a new MH from them in Feb this year, office staff were great but the service dept are the worst i have been to. From being slow to not doing the job and then rushing you out of the door.
I deal only with the manufacture. They can not excuse the lack of parts or staff.
Doing it this way if possible is stree free.
Good luck
mikecenturio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #82

Yes I did send him an email. I received a response from his office saying they would contact me. That was a week ago. By the way, the RV is still at CW..today makes it 6weeks. Guess we shouldn't pay storage rates, just let it stay at CW! I don't know why we spent thousands of dollars for a BRAND NEW RV that has been at CW more than with us!
Nanc58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #83

Tiffin Owners Club
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc58 View Post
Yes I did send him an email. I received a response from his office saying they would contact me. That was a week ago. By the way, the RV is still at CW..today makes it 6weeks. Guess we shouldn't pay storage rates, just let it stay at CW! I don't know why we spent thousands of dollars for a BRAND NEW RV that has been at CW more than with us!
I guess what I meant was: did you contact them through rv.net?? That method seems to work much better than sending him an email. Give it a shot....what do you have to lose? I bet you'll get a much better response.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #84

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If they have had your MH that long and keep working on it. You might investigate lemon laws in your state. I am not sure if RV Motor homes are covered under Vehicle Lemon Laws but I would sure check. In arkansas if they are covered when you take it back for the third repair on the same thing the dealer has to refund your money. You have to pay an amount and I believe that is 45 cents per mile for the mileage on the odometer when you took it in the first time for service. If you are having this much of a problem that might be the way to go and start again with a dealership you think you might be more comfortable with.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote