Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #29

My Cummins Coach Care facility does a great job. Service center for oil & lube is open 24x7 and coach has always been done when promised.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
I had good service at the CW in Denver while on vacation this past June. I got a mechanic that was very helpful and knowledgable. It may be because we were in the middle of our trip they gave us priority service. One day and we were back on the road.
I do know that finding a service center for motorhomes is tough as very few understand motorhomes. I found a local truck repair center that has been very good with my punch list items but its not CW. No CW within 150 miles of my home.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm a newbie. After reading this thread, I have to give Thumbs up to Dennis Dillon Rv in Boise. Made appt. 3weeks out, added a bunch to the list. After making appt, They told me 1 1/2 days and did good work. Tech even fixed a couple things I hadn't noticed. I called two other local shops and they were also 3-4 weeks out.
FMCA-GOOD SAM
jstdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Update to earlier post. New jacks were to arrive from powergear Nov 4. Now CW is saying they will arrive on Nov 7. How do they know? I emailed powergear to see if they could locate the order or does it really take 3 weeks to get a part and they said I need to talk to CW. I hope this turns out well. I have 2 week trip planned at end of month.
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #33

I called CW in Jacksonville FL today for an appointment for and oil change and generator service. The first appointment they had available was on 20 November. I have dealt with them since I first owned class A's. They have always been busy.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #34

I took my coach in to Camping World for an annual service in advance of driving from Oregon to New York and back. They didn't change the fuel filter, although it said they did on the work order and bill! I ended up with almost no power, stuck in Williston North Dakota. You can not get any help in this town, because of the oil fracking boom. If you aren't driving a semi or heavy equipment, there are no diesel mechanics available, period. No parts, either. We had to limp to Montana, and sit for a whole day until a very nice service facility found time at the end of the day to get a filter in the next town and change it for us. I usually have a spare filter on board, but I forgot to put my spares back in my coach after a thorough cleaning! Things have only gotten worse at Camping World since the Good Sam acquisition. The stores themselves are horrible too; nobody that works there knows anything about RVs, apparently. Go ANYWHERE else!
PDXDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #35

I agree,,whole'CAMPING WORLD IS TERRIBLE!!!
Ray Stooksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Humm, never had an issue, always polite, always helped...
johnboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
We bought 1997 "as is" MH in August from Lazy Days RV in Florida. Only had 22k miles and less than 1000 hours on generator. They were supposed to safety check (although I think good chance this was not really done) and everything seemed to be pretty good. Discovered Norcold problem within a few days. Parts department at Lazy days was useless, but they have a 24/7 tech support hotline with a couple of guys that really do try to help. Between them, this forum and the internet, I was able to figure out that the eyebrow board was bad, that the lower board had already been replaced and that a replacement for the eyebrow was not available. Camping world parts department was useless. Service manager nice and referred us to their expert parts guy that never returned calls. Seemed like those service employees not really much into customer service at all. The lower board was from Dinosaur parts in Oregon and I remembered seeing something in a forum somewhere that they repair and manufacture replacements. Thanks to their awesome service we now have a working refrigerator within about two weeks of me contacting them. I think they actually replaced the top board since the box is a little different, but so far, all seems to be great. The service from them was excellent and it likely saved us about $1700! So no stars to CAMPING WORLD this time around and 5 starts to Dinosaur electronics. No stars to Lazy Days parts but 5 stars to Mark and Steve, the 24/7 tech support guys.

Since rest of motor home seemed to functioning, we took off for the cold north to visit family in Michigan the end of October. Upon leaving Georgia, the temps fell pretty fast and a nasty cold front with temps below freezing. Furnace worked fine for about a week and then would not light. There is a Camping World pretty close, so I called them. Told them situation, but they said they could not even look at it for a week! I called Lazy Days guys and Steve gave me some hints on things to check regarding the battery and voltage, but none of that helped. My husband found General RV on the internet (they have several locations around Michigan) and called the one near Taylor Michigan. Even though they were backed up for service, they said that since we were living in the RV with no heat, they would look at it right away. We took it over the same morning, they cleaned and serviced the furnace and for just under $200 we have heat! They could have blown us off just like Camping World. This was a small amount of money to be put to the front of the line. They definitely get a 5 STAR rating and I wish they had a location in Florida so we could go there for normal maintenance stuff.
ahma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service