Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #15

I have a Norcold 82XX that had lost power. Fortunately for me it was a gradual process that started with the blowing of the 5 amp fuse when ac power was applied. It would only operate on propane. It eventually stopped operating on propane. I ordered a new circuit board which also came with a new control panel for the front of the fridge. It took me about an hour to install because I was not familiar with the installation, but all works fine now. The parts were a lot cheaper than buying and installing a new refrigerator. I am not sure if this is your problem but if it is you may want to reconsider having a new cooling unit installed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we had to have a couch replaced in our ACE.... it was still under the first year warranty, we also had purchased the extended warranty. By the time we could coordinate a time and place for the installation, camping world charged us close to #300 in labor!!!! We could have installed the couch ourselves but they said they had to do it!! We are still disputing this bill!!! Marcus are you listening???

Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
I think Marcus, when he is not busy making a TV show, is listening over on RV but not on this forum.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #18

I cannot imagine anyone continuing to deal with anyone that 1. never called you back.
2. never called you back again ! and 3. asked anyone to "Pay for everything upfront"
Somewhere along the line a light needs to go off.
Their are just too, too many people that are burned by this fourth class company.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
I am another victim of CW, I wish I lived somewhere that I I had a better choice, the other RV sales doesn't have any better record . I even tried a Mobil tech. With no luck . I read many people on this fourm has so much trouble with Techs and then some act as if that they are many good techs . I wonder if there is an area in the south east that have some good techs? I fell for the poster with fridge proublem. Is it possible for us as a group to let camping world how bad things are?
Old 09-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #20

As for letting CW know how bad things are, I sent them a complaint thru their website. No reply at all. So no CW for me unless things improve drastically. I am amazed how much the culture of that company has changed.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #21

We just experienced a similar situation with CW in Bellview, MI. They had our coach for 4mos (the entire summer time that we were in Mi), never recieved any follow up and had to call them all the time. After getting it back recently and having a family member (engineer for GM) take a look at some other issues...he found several things that they diid not take care of, ie. reset the auto jacks (did not work after we got it back) and no hydrolic fluid (they fixed hydrolics on one of the slides).
Worst customer service ever!!! Will never go to CW again!
dvocino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I believe CW is just interested in expansion, by gobbling up all the Mom and Pop rv stores. Kinda like cancer. Pray for a cure
Old 09-29-2015, 04:39 PM   #23

I recently picked up my rig after taking it in to CW. It was my first time getting warranty work done, as all previous units had been purchased used and out of warranty. They explained the approval process etc, and even asked if I had any upcoming trips planned. I did not, and asked that it just be repaired. After a month I stopped by and they promised that the work would be done by the following week. So last week I went in and picked it up and I will say that the work they did was excellent. They were very, very busy but did take the time to give me personal attention which I appreciate. Not all locations are bad, but not so good experiences are reported more than good. I really feel bad for those that don't get the service they deserve and realize the disgruntled are the most vocal (and perhaps rightly so). And by the way, once I got home I did discover that while my unit was in for the work, someone had pee'd in the toilet.... and they had very bad aim.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
. And by the way, once I got home I did discover that while my unit was in for the work, someone had pee'd in the toilet.... and they had very bad aim.[/QUOTE]

Professionalism at its best~
I bet that if you had not gone by- it would still be there
Old 09-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #25

A few years ago CW was a good place to go. Not so now. The new one in Iowa was a poor RV dealer (big but not good) and now it is a CW following the same pattern. Only go to CW if you need it today and cannot wait to get it on line. Never, ever have work done there - ever. Nuf said.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
As for letting CW know how bad things are, I sent them a complaint thru their website. No reply at all. So no CW for me unless things improve drastically. I am amazed how much the culture of that company has changed.
to help fellow rvers, please enter your review here: RV Service Reviews
Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Most of CW's inventory seems to be towables and entry-level m/h, so I assume most of their customers are newbies to RVing... they just don't know any better.
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
The only safe way to deal with CW is as a retail store, if it's convenient. Period. You need a new sewer hose. You go in to CW, buy one, pay cash, and leave. End of story. You don't order online, don't let them special order, don't buy anything you can't carry home or that requires installation, and never, never drive your coach onto their property for any reason at any time. Period.

Tags
camping, norcold