Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2015, 08:11 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
FWIW if the cooling unit was toast on a 10 year old unit I am not surprise at it not being in warranty. I am surprised anyone would pay to put back Norcold parts. Did you look into putting in the Amish replacement parts? Reportedly work better and are more rugged for the same price.
Actually for our Dometic unit the Amish cooling unit was cheaper and worked at least as well as the OEM unit. Don't know about longevity though as we traded the MH off two years later.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 PM   #30

2 Months?!!? I would have picked it after 1 month and taken it elsewhere. Just sucks that you are treated that way
Old 09-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #31

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just posted this on RV site
Thank you...Rudy, Camping World response Team.[/quote]
Rudy/, if you have time you should go to IRV2 new post & read what is bring posted all over the web.Just seem CW has a lot of problems & LOT of bad press. Does Marcus ever get involved on any disputes Or try & correct some serious problems. We would all like to try your stores but just can;t trust then to do what is right
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #32

If you wonder what is wrong at most service centers apply for a job as a tech. When you get to the part about pay you will see why there is a shortage of skilled techs. The reason is a shortage of pay leading most qualified techs to seek employment elsewhere. I have seen guys with 10 years experience leave to start a new career in a new field and get a raise. You can make more leaning on a shovel on a construction crew on day one then many dealers pay a guy with thousands in tools and 10 years experience.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mainiac View Post
If you wonder what is wrong at most service centers apply for a job as a tech. When you get to the part about pay you will see why there is a shortage of skilled techs. The reason is a shortage of pay leading most qualified techs to seek employment elsewhere. I have seen guys with 10 years experience leave to start a new career in a new field and get a raise. You can make more leaning on a shovel on a construction crew on day one then many dealers pay a guy with thousands in tools and 10 years experience.
I understand what you say, but they sure charge enough going in but not passed dn to the guy doing it.Also since HE took over just using it for a money maker could care less abt service, just send me the newbies till they get smart, then i'll get some more like I said before --up side dn pyramid scheme
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Camping world

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
I must agree each time I went to Camping World for service I regret it. Last time they over inflated my tires, and resealed a fantastic fan they were supposed to seal the bathroom fan but did the kitchen fan instead! on top of that they used dicor on the vent clips so I had to scrape it off when I cleaned under the cover sloppy work!!

I'm shocked at the issues that people are having with Camping World! I buy a lot of products online,and I had my toad set up for towing and bought all the towing assembly including the braking system? I had nothing but an outstanding shopping experience and the service and follow up was outstanding. I had my work done at the Rocklin California location. I think they have a lot of locations and they are only as good as the manager running them! I'm sure there are thousands of customers that have had great experiences as well. Regards
Old 09-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
CW prey's on newbies. They survive with mass advertising and a constant supply of new customers. It is a crying shame what they get away with. Yes, I had my one experience. Never again!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They mis-dignosed would be my guess.. the odds of the nozzle failing are very low It is one piece of brass with a hole in it, NO MOVING PARTS other than the gas.. So failure of this part is nearly impossible.. What is Possible is for the nozzle to be clogged by an insect nest or other stuff.

As for the cooling unit.. Those can fail but usually when they do it's obvious.. and the odds of a new one not working are likewise very very very low. Not impossible.. but very very very low.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Someone posted that the newbies are the ones that are keeping CW service Dept going . That most likely is very true !!! But it doesn't make it right in how they are doing business . As a group of RVs we do have a VOICE. I don't want CW to shut down . I believe they just need to look at MOST service Depts and see how they can overhaul their operations . We as RV s need to have as many GOOD service dealers as possible . C W can run a GOOD service dept. and make money. They are doing very well right now and see no good reason to overall the dept. Maybe we can help ourselfs and CW at the same time by just putting an all out effort on this fourm . I can't not believe someone at CW does not look at this sight regularly . It would be a start if they would just start a conversation. I want CW to do well they could be a big help to us in the RV world. Maybe some are saying CW will never change , I am more positive than most . CW might want to do what is right. We just need the person who keeps up with this fourm from CW to take us serious and do what is right.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Angry Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I cannot imagine anyone continuing to deal with anyone that 1. never called you back.
2. never called you back again ! and 3. asked anyone to "Pay for everything upfront"
Somewhere along the line a light needs to go off.
Their are just too, too many people that are burned by this fourth class company.
Thanks for all of the feed back and suggestions we are going to put a few into play and hopefully get our coach repaired and returned. Regarding paying in advance we found that the four competitors we contacted for repair quotes required payment in advance before they would order the parts. This is our first major repair on our unit so even though we have had the unit for four plus years we are for sure rv repair newbies. I have tried to be calm and patient through out this entire process but I have had it and want results now.
TEEGEE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am on my 4th used Motorhome. When I see the labor rate at RV dealers in the $125.00 per hour range, I laugh. I can't think of anything that needs repair that I would pay $125.00 an hour to fix. I have replaced, frigs, a/c, tires, oil changes, window, roofs, & all mechanical parts. Of, course, I have never spent more than $15,600.00 for my motorhome. I have always done my own repair and maintenance for the last 63 years. I find it unbelievable that you would leave your motorhome at a dealer for months at a time, waiting for repairs. Just my feelings. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
Eddie, unfortunately, not everyone is as capable as you. And even for those that are capable, doing stuff like dropping a large fuel tank is often beyond space and tool capacities.

I too am offended by the $125/hr charge, especially when someone is being paid $20/hr of that. And car dealers aren't any better -they charge that hourly rate, but base it off book time, so often it takes significantly less time than what you were charged for.

Finding a good independent person is probably the best solution, but finding one that can work on all RVs systems and has a shop big enough for tough problems, at a rate of less than $125/hr.. well, that's going to be harder.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Eddieek, I wish I had your ability to work on my MH as you do, but I don't and along with that I don't have the time. Maybe the RV companys are saying to me , if you can't do major repaires on RV don't buy one. Just don't think that is what they want!!i love working on my MH , maintence , small repairs and etc. I don't have all the tools one needs to do all the repairs. My post above was talking about how Camping World should step up and address their service Depts proublems . I think the original poster should expect to be treated in a honest manner at Camping world service Dept. Some of us need someone to do some repairs . One other point, if you do some major repairs on your NEW MH the warrant is in question. Camping World is big enought Co. To set a new way MH sales com. do in their service dept. I believe Camping world could benefit greatly from this move.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieelk View Post
I am on my 4th used Motorhome. When I see the labor rate at RV dealers in the $125.00 per hour range, I laugh. I can't think of anything that needs repair that I would pay $125.00 an hour to fix. I have replaced, frigs, a/c, tires, oil changes, window, roofs, & all mechanical parts. Of, course, I have never spent more than $15,600.00 for my motorhome. I have always done my own repair and maintenance for the last 63 years. I find it unbelievable that you would leave your motorhome at a dealer for months at a time, waiting for repairs. Just my feelings. Eddie Elk.
Eddie,
You make a strong point for doing your own repairs but unfortunately we are not equipped to do the repairs ourselves-we don't have the time, space, tools or the necessary expertise to do so. Therefore, we must rely on the "professionals" to complete these repairs for us. We left our RV at CW because we had hoped that when the special ordered part came in, our coach would be first in line to be repaired. Also, during these hot summer months, any traveling in our RV without a functioning refrigerator was very impractical. Even If I did know how, I would not attempt this repair. Most fires in RVs that we have heard about result from some sort of propane issue. For our safety, we felt that letting a professional who supposedly was trained by Norcold do the repair. With all that said, the goal of us posting our original statement was to get advice from experienced RVers on how they would move forward if they found themselves in our position-we cannot turn back the hands of time.
TEEGEE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, norcold