Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1

Can anyone help identify this, please

We recently purchased an A Class 36', 2001 Diesel Fleetwood Expedition from a private owner, he can't help us with this question and there is no information in the coach. It is located in the control/status panel above the drivers seat. Can anyone identify this one item.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyAnn View Post
We recently purchased an A Class 36', 2001 Diesel Fleetwood Expedition from a private owner, he can't help us with this question and there is no information in the coach. It is located in the control/status panel above the drivers seat. Can anyone identify this one item.
Welcome to the forum! A picture of the item would be helpful.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and

Ditto on the picture request
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #4

Is it larger than a breadbox????
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #5

So sorry, I tried posting a picture but I gues it didn't happen. :-( Let me try again.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #6

Need help identfying this!

Here the pictures (I hope) of the mystery thinging in our 2001 Fleetwood Expedition. It's located on the control/status panel over the drivers seat.

fingers crossed the pics came through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_9281.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	34109   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_9280.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	34110  

Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Winegard satellite antenna elevation display. You must have a crank-up satellite dish/antenna on the roof. The LED readout will get you very close to the elevationangle up, as you crank up the antenna. Once elevaton set rotate antenna to point at satellites and watch TV. OK not quite that simple - but it will be once you get it all figured out. Good luck with the new RV
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 62 View Post
Is it larger than a breadbox????
Is it made out of metal and have switches and lights ?
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Winegard satellite antenna elevation display. You must have a crank-up satellite dish/antenna on the roof. The LED readout will get you very close to the elevationangle up, as you crank up the antenna. Once elevaton set rotate antenna to point at satellites and watch TV. OK not quite that simple - but it will be once you get it all figured out. Good luck with the new RV
That is the answer. Good luck with your new RV. Have fun and keep coming back here for stuff. These guys are great..
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Have the same in my 2002 Phaeton and didn't know what it was. Glad I read this post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #11

Try clicking on "post reply" see if that works
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #12

American Coach Owners Club
It's you elevation read out for your hand crank sat dish on top of your coach. Start cranking up your dish and watch the numbers. You push the little gray button to see the readout once it has blacked out from inactivity.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW mine is 10 degrees off. If Elevation for my location is 42 I crank to see 32. You will have to figure this out, it took some time until I had the fudge factors calculated. The good news is with the iphone compass and the elevation corrected it is about 5 mins to find the SAT. Auto seeking HD is on my upgrade list. Also, you will be looking at sat 101 in SD for DTV. The iphone has an app that allows you see use the camera to actualy "see" the location of the Sat you are looking for. t's pretty handy for seeing if your site view is blocked or clear.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
FWIW mine is 10 degrees off. If Elevation for my location is 42 I crank to see 32. You will have to figure this out, it took some time until I had the fudge factors calculated. The good news is with the iphone compass and the elevation corrected it is about 5 mins to find the SAT. Auto seeking HD is on my upgrade list. Also, you will be looking at sat 101 in SD for DTV. The iphone has an app that allows you see use the camera to actualy "see" the location of the Sat you are looking for. t's pretty handy for seeing if your site view is blocked or clear.
I had to replace the sensor on the dish on one and as I recall there was a calibration procedure to zero it. You might check the Winegard web site for info on how it is done.