Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
I am a spreadsheet person. I just found some New models here is Louisiana that we would consider. New, only because we know NOTHING about RV's and at least all the problems won't be from a previous owner.

I made a spreadsheet of MSRP, Purchase Price (based on 30%), finance rate, terms from our bank, down payments, and payments.

Thing is...there are 3 models so ridiculously different that I can't compare them.

One is a New 2013 DP that they have marked down 41% off MSRP.

I feel that we should get it.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
I am a spreadsheet person. I just found some New models here is Louisiana that we would consider. New, only because we know NOTHING about RV's and at least all the problems won't be from a previous owner. I made a spreadsheet of MSRP, Purchase Price (based on 30%), finance rate, terms from our bank, down payments, and payments. Thing is...there are 3 models so ridiculously different that I can't compare them. One is a New 2013 DP that they have marked down 41% off MSRP. I feel that we should get it.....
Must be a Monaco with the International motor. Some real deals on them.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #17

Quote:
I am a spreadsheet person. I just found some New models here is Louisiana that we would consider. New, only because we know NOTHING about RV's and at least all the problems won't be from a previous owner. I made a spreadsheet of MSRP, Purchase Price (based on 30%), finance rate, terms from our bank, down payments, and payments. Thing is...there are 3 models so ridiculously different that I can't compare them. One is a New 2013 DP that they have marked down 41% off MSRP. I feel that we should get it.....

We just bought one that had sticker MSRP of $105,000

I ha them install two vent fans and three covers, about $400, and I paid $69,900 plus tax and registration. No delivery, no prep, no other fees. That was $4000 off the best internet or local other dealer price, not counting the vents and fans.

And,they were happy and I am happy. Once the deal is done you can ruin all your fun by thinking "What if ....".
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Every used coach is unique. The variables can play an
enormous role in the value of the coach. A coach with
a popular floor plan, solid maintenance records, in very
good condition, with tire and battery condition factored
into the equation could be way above the "average retail".
The price is a negotiation between the seller and buyer.
Every situation is different.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #19

Sales folk call me "difficult". They are right. It is my money in play. I do tons of research and offer what I think it is worth. It is always much lower than the "numbers" they work up. They look at me like I have 3 heads, but have accepted my offer 4 of 5 times.

If you like the rig abd they say 41% off, drop it enough to get a counter offer, and STAND YOUR GROUND. They will ask fir your help, or ask if you can be flexible. You must draw out the counter offer and then decide what to do.

Get financing pre-arranged for a maximum amount that can do down if you make a deal.

You are looking at new. Your depreciation in 2 years will be at least 20-25%. It is your money.

Best of luck
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is what you wind up with when you deviate from fixed-price retailing. It allows the seller to maintain the starting position that "I'm going to screw you blind unless you can stop me".
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
I am a spreadsheet person. I just found some New models here is Louisiana that we would consider. New, only because we know NOTHING about RV's and at least all the problems won't be from a previous owner.
One thing, and not trying to persuade - just inform. The "previous owner" of a used coach often went through all of the headaches of getting all of the little or major things fixed on a new coach. Often a lightly used coach is MUCH less troublesome then a brand new one. I have talked to a few people at campgrounds that bought new and had the coach in the shop 3-6 months of the first year of ownership. Some people never had any problems, just sayin'

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #22

Probably 30 to 35% off new MSRP and your DP, maybe 45% on leftover 2013. Regardless, be sure you love the floor plan before you jump on anything....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Probably 30 to 35% off new MSRP and your DP, maybe 45% on leftover 2013. Regardless, be sure you love the floor plan before you jump on anything....
I even found a New 2012 here....must not be very well liked of a coach
Old 02-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #24

As long as you would like it and the price is right. Start low.....Remember floor plan. A new coach will get boring quick if you buy for price only.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #25

Quote:
I even found a New 2012 here....must not be very well liked of a coach
There are still 2012, 13. Out there new. Can easily get 40% discount. I had a deal put together on one at Quartzsite but passed because I really didn't like the way it handled.

Russell
Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
There are still 2012, 13. Out there new. Can easily get 40% discount. I had a deal put together on one at Quartzsite but passed because I really didn't like the way it handled.

Russell
thanks!!

since I am a NEWB I probably wouldn't know Put me in a car though and I am an expert
Old 02-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #27

What part of PA are you from???
Old 02-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #28

Quote:
thanks!! since I am a NEWB I probably wouldn't know Put me in a car though and I am an expert
Not sure what you are looking for: there are some real deals on the Monaco rv's with the international engine.

These coaches only had the international motor for 4 years I think. Some people are worried about the motor.

There is a Monaco knight 36 PFT in Boise, Idaho for $182,000. List $298,000. It's a 2013. Now that's their starting point. Owners that have these motors give it good reviews. ??

Russell