Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
Can heavy rain get in through fridge vents?

Our 2011 Storm is parked at our house with a bit of a tilt to the curbside. The fridge vents are in street side of the slide out and I am wondering...
We just had HEAVY rain the last two days, I just checked and the rug In front of the stove (across from the fridge) was wet, but did not seem to be anywhere else. I checked the ceiling and the carpet on the slide and patted everywhere else and no dampness. The slide is in and there wasn't any damp on the top of it.
Am I safe to think that the rain blew into the fridge vent and traveled (down the "slope") and happily ended at the kitchen rug?
Thanks for any insights!

Heidi and Paul are MostlyOK
2011 Fleetwood Storm 28f
05 Jeep Unlimited
Mostlyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
NO, not safe to assume when water inside is involved. I would look in all the outside access points closest to where you saw the water. Then up on the roof. You need to find the source, because if it did it once it will do it again. Even heavy rain shouldn't get inside. Good luck.

"96" HR Navigator, 38' no slides, Cummins, Allison
next stop
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
there is a possibility. in my case, i had the solar cables coming down there; the previous installer drilled a 1" hole at one side of raised vent walls. when i repainted roof, i noticed it and sealed it with silicon. the upper edge of vent walls is about 1 inch from roof, at the same level with shroud lower edge. if you have a string wind, i wouldn't be surprised water getting inside.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Yes but it should be sealed so the water runs back out the factory forgot to do mine I did it myself.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
Triple E Owners Club
Yes if it is a horizontal rain and hits the vent directly.
We had it happen in Ehrenberg during a small hurricane in Blyth. We ended up with water pouring out from under the fridge. Never happened since.
2007 Triple E - Empress Elite - Freightliner
WH 22 owner for 7 years
JCM is offline   Reply With Quote

fridge, vent