Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Can I buy direct from a manufacturer?

Has anyone ever bought a class A direct and was it worth doing? Also, if you have how did you rangle the best deal out of them?

I'm looking at gas RVs that are between 30 to 36 feet long and of course are built by reputable companies. Your help is appreciated!

NervyRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #2

Tho not a fan of buying new ..... it would seem if you do want to buy new, buy from a well known dealership with a good rep ...... New units generally will find their way back for warranty fixes until all know factory issues are resolved ...... I am not aware of anyone who has bought new that hasn;t had to get the unit back in for fixes ....

Hal & Jackie .... 03 TS Select 45DS01
02 Haulmark 20' Edge .... 02 Corvette Rdstr

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
aeejbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #4
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think the you can, at least not from the large volume builders. I know Tiffin won't. If you do find a builder that will sell direct you'll probably pay full MSRP with no discounts a dealer can offer. A builder isn't going to under cut their dealer network. Warranty work will also be a problem if you can find someone willing to work on a coach they didn't sell.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #5
Warranty work wouldn't be an issue as it's charged to the factory and not a direct dealer expense. I would suspect that undercutting their dealer network on sales would be an issue and is probably prohibited in most dealer contracts.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
You can pick up an American Coach from the factory. However, I don't know how you go about purchasing the coach. Plus there's an extra charge to do that.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #7
Country Coach Owners Club
These guys do and that's all they do

pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #8
You can order your new Winnebago through a dealer using a option sheet pick list. Doing this will allow you to get the colors and options that you want. And for $1K plus a little Winnebago will allow you to pick up your new coach at the factory. To be clear the cost is a little bit more than $1K plus the usual delivery charge.

Another option would be to purchase your new Winnebago through Lichtman RV, a dealer one mile from the Winnebago factory.

I negotiated price for our 2016 Winnebago with local dealers and Lichtman RV with a plan to buy and pick up at Lichtman RV. Because of illness I bought local. Lichtman RV, or the salesman I had, would not provide a bid via email. All bids were verbal over the phone. This was not a problem as the local dealers were happy to be in the bidding.

In the end I was in a lot of back pain and I didn't feel like negotiating any more nor could I tolerate a long trip so I accepted a local bid.

Enjoy the process of finding your new RV. JD

JD & Kathy and our pom "Mac"
2016 Winnebago Sightseer33C built on a 2016 F-53 Chassis
2009 Saturn Vue
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote