Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #85

Didn’t come with jacks

We bought our 32’ class A without jacks. It was 4 years old when we bought it. The slides are not ruined and it never tipped over. I installed equalizer jacks and love them because they are easier for me...the slides don’t care but the fridge appreciates it. Deploying jacks does not guarantee that your frame isn’t twisted. There are many stories of front windows popping out because of jacks twisting the frame during deployment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #86
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
If your jacks sunk in 6-8", I don't think the snap pads would have enough surface area to keep from sinking insome distance also, maybe not 6-8 " but I don't think they would stay on the surface as desired. I have been looking at the snap pads my self and have come to the conclusion they will not work for me as I have sunk my 12x12" pads in the mud in the past. your call, I would experiment cheap before investing $110.00 plus for the snap pads, I am hoping they will come out with a larger version.
I was reading the Lippert manual on my levelers (after I bought the SnapPads, of course) and saw a note that the standard 9" metal pads can be replaced with an optional 12" pad.

Ray
Old 06-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #87

Tiffin Owners Club
Not sure why all the ridiculous quotes and discussions about an answer that is so simple yes you can extend your sides without your levelers down if that gets you out of a situation however long-term you should get the levellers down prior to extending the slides. The answer's simple why such a discussion over nothing.
Oucamptoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #88

You don't need the Jack's to put slides out. If your level and don't mind the extra movement. your good.
Bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #89
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oucamptoo View Post
Not sure why all the ridiculous quotes and discussions about an answer that is so simple yes you can extend your sides without your levelers down if that gets you out of a situation however long-term you should get the levellers down prior to extending the slides. The answer's simple why such a discussion over nothing.
Smart person with a common sense answer. I agree that one should not try and make a simple process complex.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #90

I can't believe this thread didn't die on page one.

But then again I would have missed the story about the motor home that tipped over because the slides were out. Lol
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 PM   #91

Deployment of slides without jacks

To deploy your slides without jacks wold be the most expensive act in your motor home. believe it or not the likelihood of your motor home tipping is guaranteed with damage to your motor home and cost of repair is very expensive. The insurance companies will not cover the cost because you did not follow the manufacturer do’s and don’t.

Don’t do it
Sierranevada
sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #92

Very funny sierranevada...
You forgot to add that the earth spins a bit faster (or slower) because the weight of the RV puts more pressure on that side of the earth.

Just in case you were serious...we should take a poll of what percent of RV owners with slides have had their RV tip over without levelers extended.
I think one person said their's did, but there was no substantiation or pictures or forgetting to tell us that he was parked sideways on a 60 degree slope as well...

I open the slides without levelers down ALL the time. Take a look at your next WalMart on how many are as well. Never saw one tipped over

The issue is for sure: If the chassis is twisted - don't move the slides. And the coach should be reasonably level as well so the slide motor isn't fighting gravity. That's it. I welcome a mechanical discussion to the contrary, but whenever this topic comes up...crickets to the contrary.

I use the levelers, especially when the ground is level or if pavement just a tad of pressure to take the bounce out of the suspension.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #93

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra suggest to put slides out before the jacks

not sure why it matters but it does to them
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #94

And yet you posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Smart person with a common sense answer. I agree that one should not try and make a simple process complex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oucamptoo View Post

And yet you were compelled to post it....
Old 06-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #95

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Can I deploy slides without the Jack's down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
To deploy your slides without jacks wold be the most expensive act in your motor home. believe it or not the likelihood of your motor home tipping is guaranteed with damage to your motor home and cost of repair is very expensive. The insurance companies will not cover the cost because you did not follow the manufacturer do’s and don’t.

Don’t do it

Sierranevada

I want to add to that, don't leave your awning deployed on a windy day. If a gust of wind comes along it will blow the coach clean over onto its top and damage the air conditioners...…
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:55 PM   #96
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
i want to add to that, don't leave your awning deployed on a windy day. If a gust of wind comes along it will blow the coach clean over onto its top and damage the air conditioners...…

🌬️🌪️=💰
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #97

Wow, almost a hundred answers to a simple question. I guess the first 99 didn't explain it well enough.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Wow, almost a hundred answers to a simple question. I guess the first 99 didn't explain it well enough.

Are you implying that all of the first 99 answers actually explained it and agreed on a common answer?

Or did you not read the half that say yes you can? Or the half that say no you can't?
WyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, slide