Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
[/QUOTE]

Those faces! That's the one thing we're missing in our RV - a dog.

CS PuraVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #44

Here's a post of mine. We have the visiting parents, the pups, coleman grill, small table we use for all the eating and cooking necessities, nice awning lights, 9x12 outdoor rug, picnic table cover and nice screen tent that we don't have up (used it maybe twice ever). I like the idea of step ladder someone said and the long squeegee, definitely needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160730_175427.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	771.1 KB
ID:	135569  

Brettcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
A list of what we set up after we are leveled and hooked up:

Propane Weber grill on a small grill stand
8' x 20' mat if we aren't on a concrete site
4 chairs and two folding drink tables
Stake in the ground to hook the dogs to
Blue tooth speaker
Table cloth clipped on picnic table(assuming there is one)

Things we take but don't set up:
All the usual tools, broom, bikes, extra oil, coolant, AquaHot fluid, bulbs, fuses, hose clamps, silicone, gorilla tape, step ladder...the list goes on!

We also carry a small cordless blower. It is quiet and perfect for blowing the hair and dirt off the mat. Two golden retrievers can make a mess quickly! I just make sure I do it when no neighbors are out :-)
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Every campsite is different ... the physical layout (i.e., space between you and your neighbors), the "shade situation", the nature of the "patio" surface (are you on grass, concrete, gravel, mud, etc.), the amenities (i.e., is there a firepit that's conducive to campfire cooking?, is there a picnic table - and if there is, is it in good enough condition that you're will to use it?) etc. ... are unique to each campsite. That's part of the fun of RV ... figuring out how to make the space available to you - work for you.

We don't count our campsites coming with anything (i.e., fire pits, grills, picnic tables, etc.) If we pull in somewhere and find any of that stuff ... BONUS! ... but we're prepared to be 100% self sufficient in that regard. Here's the list of what we carry:
  • 2 "good" folding chairs (our primary patio seating)
  • 2 cheap "bag" chair (just in case we have guests)
  • 9 x 16 patio mat
  • 6 x 8 mat (placed under the entry steps
  • Homemade "landing/step" (18" x 24") placed under entry steps
  • Weber Q2200 Grill (converted to use coach propane)
  • Campfire Grill
  • Folding Grill Table
  • Cheap plastic table
  • Fabric "End Table" (similar to "bag chair")

We don't pull out everything - everywhere we go. However, it's all in the basement so that we have it if/when we need it.

As others have suggested - I wouldn't go crazy buying stuff right away. You'll figure out what you need as you go along. You'll get a chance to see what other folks are using too - and not find yourself having those "I really wish we had one of those instead of this thing we bought!" moments.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm still rearranging, but I try to pack the basement so I can go simple, or serious. We have the 8x20 rug which is nice when there is no landscape or pad, and we have bug rooms, zillions of chairs, ice makers, yard art, etc, but just make sure you can go simple when you want to without having to unpack everything.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC07880.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	562.3 KB
ID:	135646   Click image for larger version

Name:	07-07-2016 MAC-085.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	135651  

Old 08-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
I'm still rearranging, but I try to pack the basement so I can go simple, or serious. We have the 8x20 rug which is nice when there is no landscape or pad, and we have bug rooms, zillions of chairs, ice makers, yard art, etc, but just make sure you can go simple when you want to without having to unpack everything.
Slight hi-jack of the thread...I see you have a boat. Do you tow it separately or with the RV? And if you tow with the RV, how do you put it in the water? Thanks!
Old 08-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Is that a 1994 Sea Ray?
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
Slight hi-jack of the thread...I see you have a boat. Do you tow it separately or with the RV? And if you tow with the RV, how do you put it in the water? Thanks!
We just got the MH this spring and so far I haven't tried to tow the boat because I also wanted to bring the Jeep to the lake. Dory tows it with our Expedition. Ideally the plan will be to have me tow the boat behind the MH, and we will either have someone with us that can launch, or Dory will drive the Expedition without towing anything, which she would prefer over towing.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj View Post
Is that a 1994 Sea Ray?
Sharp Eye! Its a 95 SeaRay 200BR.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	07-07-2016 MAC-088.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	135663  
Old 08-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
We just got the MH this spring and so far I haven't tried to tow the boat because I also wanted to bring the Jeep to the lake. Dory tows it with our Expedition. Ideally the plan will be to have me tow the boat behind the MH, and we will either have someone with us that can launch, or Dory will drive the Expedition without towing anything, which she would prefer over towing.
That is our situation. Unfortunately it means that we drive separately, however. Fine for more local trips but not as fun for longer hauls.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That is our situation. Unfortunately it means that we drive separately, however. Fine for more local trips but not as fun for longer hauls.
Its been my haunt for 21 years. About the only thing that works is a small Class C or Truck Camper. I've even considered putting the boat in storage at the lake, but we can't make up our mind which one. There are a few we like to go to - all reasonably local.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:55 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Sharp Eye! Its a 95 SeaRay 200BR.
well I kinda cheated...(sorry OP, didn't mean to hijack)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	804.0 KB
ID:	135664  
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #55

Quote:
I know you didn't ask, but we pull our bass rig with the MH about 95% of the time. Haven't had any problems backing, unloading, or loading.

The boat trailer is almost the width of the MH so i'm able to use the mirrors for launching. I get lined up, start backing, when the trailer protrudes from one side, i turn to make it go the other way. The rear camera would work ok if i had it pointed higher but i like where it is now and don't want to change it. It didn't take long to get used to backing this way.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #56

If you look at our camp one would think we started RVing yesterday but it's been 20 years. We travel with fold up chairs, bikes, inflatable kayak, and gold clubs. However no rugs or any kind of useless yard art that I have to pack up etc. I'm kind of a minimalist in that department.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Moab.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	135670  

twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags