Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #225

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
[QUOTE=Iron Man;1112828]The TSA stops were at weigh stations and bus stops. Dealing with commerical vehicles. I saw no articles where private citizens were stopped and searched. I still feel the searches were illegal.

Agreed.

Truck Drivers, Farmers, Construction workers, and Bus Drivers are "private citizens" just trying to earn a living, and as such should also be free from warrantless searches as is provided by the C of USA.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #226

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What about us from the north of you guys.
What protection do we have from illegal searches? None?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #227
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguyfromcalg View Post
What about us from the north of you guys.
What protection do we have from illegal searches? None?

a smile

we just talk about the police here. What about the BORDER PATROL??
The one that have the STOPS in the middle of a State and far away from the Border to Mexico?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #228

National RV Owners Club
The Border Patrol is a part of the US federal law enforcement establishment and does not necessarily operate under the same guidelines as local and state law enforcement agencies. The name Border Patrol implies they work the border but the authority is for anywhere within the US borders. They had offices in Sacramento, California and on I-5 in the middle of Oregon. There were a lot of "interior" offices even in non border states, such as Florida, Oklahoma, Lousiana & Puerto Rico to name a few. When I was in the Border Patrol in the late 1960's they could basically stop and search any vehicle within 25 miles of the border just because of the proximity of the border. They also had ability to board and search within either 125 (or 150?) miles of the US Border but needed some reasoning. Beyond that distance they needed probable cause just like other law enforcement agencies. Congress and the US Courts seemed to not make many decisions restricting the enforcement powers of the Border Patrol back then. I have no idea how it works now but there are still Border Patrol check points a good distance from the border. Since the reorganizations after the attack on the twin towers I've heard they have changed from hard line illegal alien enforcement to concentrate more on criminals and terrorists.
Safe Travels
Bob
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #229

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Border patrol has far greater search power than the police but a more limited list of laws they can enforce.. Since I am on the "Friends" list but not on the "Employee" list, I can not say more, I very simply do not know more.

TSA is a clear violation of the Constitution of the United states, However, we the people have let the government get away with it. Till We the people do something about it, NOTHING WILL IMPROVE.

Remember, a Republician president started it, a Democratic president has done nothing to stop it (So politically this is a balanced issue)

I recently heard that TSA actually stopped ONE, yes ONE suspected terrorist (How many have they let get on the plane)

How many has ground pounding police nabbed before they even left for the airport? I have no idea, I lost count a long time ago. Even before I retired I lost count, but the numbers were piling up That I do know.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #230
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Bob for your explanation. Makes sense. In Sierra Blanca is one just b4 the city....(going east I 10). Hi and where are you going, is all they wanted to know....
Very friendly folks.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #231

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To add a bit of humor.. The officer pulls over the little OLD (Like 80 somethign) lady and asks for her license, registration and proof of insurance.. She hands him a stack of papers. Going through them he says: I see you have a permit here for a .38 Smith and Wesson relover. She acknowledges that she does, and she has the gun as well.

And continuing, And I see you have a permit for a 9 MM Sig Sauer, again she affirms ownership of the gun and permit.

And a .45 Colt Semi Automatic, once again she affirms.

What are you afraid of, He asks.

Absolutely nothing. She replies.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #232

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Border patrol has far greater search power than the police but a more limited list of laws they can enforce.. Since I am on the "Friends" list but not on the "Employee" list, I can not say more, I very simply do not know more.

TSA is a clear violation of the Constitution of the United states, However, we the people have let the government get away with it. Till We the people do something about it, NOTHING WILL IMPROVE.

Remember, a Republician president started it, a Democratic president has done nothing to stop it (So politically this is a balanced issue)

I recently heard that TSA actually stopped ONE, yes ONE suspected terrorist (How many have they let get on the plane)

How many has ground pounding police nabbed before they even left for the airport? I have no idea, I lost count a long time ago. Even before I retired I lost count, but the numbers were piling up That I do know.
Watch "Man of the Year" to see what Robin Williams has to say about it. As Homer Simpson would say, "It's funny because it's true!"
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #233
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are starting to get off topic by making guns the topic rather than just a mere mention in the thread.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #234

Monaco Owners Club
WE be done??
Old 03-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #235

Vintage RV Owners Club
I guess the bottom line is, if you are stopped the officer can do pretty much what he/she feels like....
Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #236

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycon9 View Post
PS. i don't know what it means but two of the four were in OK.

JMO
What it means: There are 49 states you should visit, OK is not one of them.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #237

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
I guess the bottom line is, if you are stopped the officer can do pretty much what he/she feels like....
And THAT simple fact,

My fellow US Citizens,

is the ENTIRE PROBLEM!

If you haven't read The Constitution and the Bill of Rights of the United States of America I suggest you do so.
Use it, or Lose it!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #238
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced

And THAT simple fact,

My fellow US Citizens,

is the ENTIRE PROBLEM!

If you haven't read The Constitution and the Bill of Rights of the United States of America I suggest you do so.
Use it, or Lose it!
Very well said !!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
heartland