Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #407

I have always been in favor of vehicle
/ body cams. We were mounting then in the late 80s. Didn't talk long for the dark side to realize they probably don't really want to see them. It took 6 minutes of body cam and 10 mins of block surveillance to clear me from a critical incident.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2018, 08:36 PM   #408

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go on Youtube and search for unauthorized vehicle stops.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I guess if one wants to exert their rights to cross the Hoover Dam and not be searched they can turn around and go back the way the came. Is that a scenario?
That's right, but "please park over to the right so we can stop traffic. This may take a while"!!!
We were "searched" at Hoover Dam. I got out and opened all the exterior lockers while DW stayed inside. The inside guy looked around and spent a good 5 minutes petting the dog. He never got off the steps!! We did enjoy the visit and having the MH got us thru the line faster than the car inspection line.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:08 AM   #410
tcg

Wow, the distrust and dislike of police is strong in this topic.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #411
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That’s really too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 01-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #412

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like lawyers.
Cameras keep everyone on the up and up.
Cameras for everyone, everywhere.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #413

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Gee, I wonder why? Could it be they've brought it on themselves by some of their actions and policies?
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
Old 01-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #414

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Distrust? No! Informed ya!

LEO’s are working while you travel. To serve and protect - serve legal requirements and protect your rights. Just helps if you’re on the same page. Don’t challenge but ask for clarity on consent. You and LEO are protected by the law - the same law! You rolling over on your rights jeopardizes all of us!
Thanks for input from LEOs who RV👍
Old 01-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #415

This discussion just demonstrates where the real problem stems from!
We (all of us) have allowed our society to be drawn away from a "community" to a world of distrust, them against us, lack of responsibility, everything's ok as long as I don't hurt someone else and no common sense.
Having been an LEO once I saw how the culture of the profession changed along with the society it served. Standards were changed( lowered) to be more "inclusive". At the same time those who were in control began to, and continue to "militarize" our police forces. All the while claiming it was needed for security. We (all of us) have allowed the pols and special interests to degrade the principles the country was founded on. It is up to "all of us" to reverse the trend in how we defend our freedom by participating in every way including the way we vote!
We need to stop basing decisions and changes on the exceptions and return to "Majority Rules"!
Old 01-13-2018, 02:03 PM   #416

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaterDoc View Post
This discussion just demonstrates where the real problem stems from!
We (all of us) have allowed our society to be drawn away from a "community" to a world of distrust, them against us, lack of responsibility, everything's ok as long as I don't hurt someone else and no common sense.
Having been an LEO once I saw how the culture of the profession changed along with the society it served. Standards were changed( lowered) to be more "inclusive". At the same time those who were in control began to, and continue to "militarize" our police forces. All the while claiming it was needed for security. We (all of us) have allowed the pols and special interests to degrade the principles the country was founded on. It is up to "all of us" to reverse the trend in how we defend our freedom by participating in every way including the way we vote!
We need to stop basing decisions and changes on the exceptions and return to "Majority Rules"!
(Emphasis added)

Thats a big part of it. Many police departments now have officers running around in tactical gear driving big SUVs with blacked out glass. They think they are CIA or Secret Service. And, the local PD here several years ago lowered the standards dramatically for new recruits. This is now coming back around and biting them in the rear end as there are so many thug-cops that are now being arrested and dismissed from the force for misconduct, be it drugs, domestic abuse, or any number of other serious infractions. Of course, there's no way to tell the good ones from the bad ones.

I do wish we could return to the days when the local cop was actually a friendly guy looking out for everyone. You know - Protect & Serve. Unfortunately, I'm just afraid those days are long gone and never to return.

I just think that today there are far too many who are just looking out for themselves. If one of them wants to search me or my rig, he needs a properly executed search warrant. If they want to search, then that means to me they want to find something. They aren't searching you to clear you, they're searching you so they can catch you with something and arrest you. There have been too many reports of mishandled drug dogs inaccurately hitting because of coaching. I simply don't trust them.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
Old 01-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #417

There was an attempt years ago to return to those days you speak of that was called "Community Policing". But, like everything else that also got off track and messed with. A solution to many of today's problems would be community policing where more time is spent with the officer on foot in the community, assigned to the same area and they become human to the public they serve. You don't need to "profile". You know what doesn't fit or look right. You develop relationships and intelligence (in a number of ways) that makes an encounter with that RV passing through town be a welcome and here's the best place to go for breakfast! And...no need to call for a drug dog!

Sent from my XT1609 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 01-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #418

Monaco Owners Club
They can search anything I own or drive. I have nothing to hide. I believe that if you demonstrate respect and you will get the same. Those that fear either have something to hide or read too many "Big Brother" BS articles.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #419

JT, can you, or anybody else for that matter show me where it says that a warrant is a requirement to search a vehicle and DO NOT bother quoting the fourth amendment, and I bet you can't how the fourth amendment was made applicable to the states.

I have already posted the case law that provides the EXCEPTIONS to a search warrant requirement.

If an officer believes that they have probable cause to search you or your vehicle, it will happen, the only question is how many other charges are you going to have.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:09 PM   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
They can search anything I own or drive. I have nothing to hide. I believe that if you demonstrate respect and you will get the same. Those that fear either have something to hide or read too many "Big Brother" BS articles.
My viewpoint also.
Closed Thread

Tags
heartland