Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #15

She's concerned about leaving him too long in the MH, hair, having him on a leash all the time. He pretty much roams the yard free with an invisible fence at home.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInOne View Post
She's concerned about leaving him too long in the MH, hair, having him on a leash all the time. He pretty much roams the yard free with an invisible fence at home.
I travel with these for my pups, takes a whole lot of headaches out of camping with the pups. I like these because I don't have to step over the fences, they have gates built in. I have four of them and they work fantastic.

Midwest Homes For Pets Exercise Pen with Door in Gold Finish | Wayfair

But can't leave him outside alone, not allowed in most campgrounds. But this helps a bit with the free roaming.

Also attached is a pdf of a decal I had made with the cell phone number for an emergency contact when I'm away from the coach. That helps calm your nerves too. Neighbors at the CG will help watch out too if they are there.....

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130703_201431_988.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	48881   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013051995203322.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	48882  

Name:	2012-04-22_17-42-35_175.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	48883   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-23_07-40-17_644.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	48885  

Name:	IMG_20130703_200947_911.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	48886   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-30 16.21.46.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	48888  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf kent bless rescue decals 3 (1).pdf (57.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As far as hair goes, that's one thing that is the down side, but a few minutes a day with a good vac will keep up with that, totally worth it to have Sam with you.....

I have one of these and love it:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10824756?w...919030&veh=sem
Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Can I have your dog!
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Wouldn't leave home without our four legged child. That's one of the top reasons for owning our MH.
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I travel with these for my pups, takes a whole lot of headaches out of camping with the pups. I like these because I don't have to step over the fences, they have gates built in. I have four of them and they work fantastic.

Midwest Homes For Pets Exercise Pen with Door in Gold Finish | Wayfair

But can't leave him outside alone, not allowed in most campgrounds. But this helps a bit with the free roaming.

Also attached is a pdf of a decal I had made with the cell phone number for an emergency contact when I'm away from the coach. That helps calm your nerves too. Neighbors at the CG will help watch out too if they are there.....

Hope this helps!
I like your idea of the sticker. Our kids are cage trained so at night they go in the cage and anytime we are way during the day. We only leave ours alone for 7.5 hours. Sometimes a little longer if I'm running late from work but for the most part try not to get past 8 hours at any given time. As for the OP, your pets are your kids. Love them and take them with you. I guarantee you'll feel better not worrying about what's going on back home and can enjoy your trip even more.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #21

We have two Yellow Labs (see sig) and wherever we go, they go. Our traveling style is a little different to a lot of folk as we don't tow a second vehicle. It's rare for us to spend more than 2 nights at a CG, even if the next one is only 50 miles away, so we don't have to leave them in the MH for long periods. A couple of hours while we visit a museum or something, is about the max, and if they get a walk just before we leave them, they're usually still asleep when we get back.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
My 110 pound half-lab, half-bloodhound Jack goes with us. At home he is an outside dog and has 5 acres to run around on with an Invisible Fence. We recently finished an 8-day trip. He had no problem with the leash and we walked him several times a day. The longest he has been in the coach by himself was 6 hours and he had no problem with that. I put a dog throw at the foot of our bed and that is his space to go sleep. I also have a throw over the sofa and he likes to get up there and watch out the window or doze. Dog hair is a problem - he sheds something awful but I vacuum every day. He is so worth it! Jack loves going with us and I can't turn away those big brown eyes.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
They know we're going before we do? We have a golden and two shihtsues. 8 hours is about enough to be left alone. The MH has a central vac and it gets used every other day. I think we would miss them as much as they would miss us if we left without them. Family is family you know?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #24

Samantha white German Shepherd leaves with me for 8 days just got back from the coast Great Piremese went also 150 pounds plus let them go
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Seems to me mama don't want dog to go... so you may have to make a choice between mama and dog.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
We always take our Lab. The only concern we have is daily exercise and a place he can run off lead, free for a time. I've always been able to find a area to do this--no matter where we are. We have Sof-Krated him since he was 7 weeks so leaving him in MH isn't a problem.
zeeyaarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #27

Our Siberian Husky (110 lb)always comes along. He hates being left alone but we have left him for 4-5 hours in the past.
On one occasion, he had an 'accident'. Other times, no problems.
He likes going away because he gets walked 3 or 4 times a day. Usually once a day at home.
He usually wants out at 5 or 6am. We hear a jingle from his tags as he shakes, then he puts his head on the bed and blows at me. He rarely barks. Sometimes, he goes out, pees and comes back in and sometimes, just lays down and refuses to come back in.
Don't talk to me about Shedding
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winnie our black lab took her first trip with us this summer 2 months and 8000 mi on the road. All over the place. She adapted quickly to the space (or lack of it) and was a really good traveler. Stopped a little more often when traveling until we figured out her signs for needing to stop and go. We also have her crate trained and have a very nice quick collapsing crate for large dogs from Midwest products. Never had an accident in the coach, never had a problem in any campground. We would never leave her in a kennel now so we can travel in the motorhome. Good luck with your decision. Hopefully your best friend ever will go with you.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote