Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #43

You don't get anything on trade-ins. Selling it yourself will bring in a lot more.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #44
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
From a sellers standpoint. Remember you can always lower your sell price, but you can't raise it.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #45
UAV

I say absolutely yes.

My coach has had extensive remodeling, new tires, batteries, solar, shower, countertops, appliances, electronics etc. and to sell it for about the same price as one that is still all brass, mirrors and obsolete electronics based on the NADA does not sound practical. Just my opinion.

But, having said this, it is the old cliche of it is only worth what someone will pay.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #46

I haven't read all of the posts, but yes,the value of a motorhome, car, plane or boat can be above NADA prices. After 3-4 years condition and maintenance begin to play a bigger role in the real value. A 15-20 year old coach in pristine condition, low miles, excellent records, always stored inside and never driven on salty roads is in a class of it own. NADA isn't relevant in that case. In the end, however, is is still only worth what someone is willing to pay. And the finance company will still rely on NADA for loan amount.

I just bought a 28' pontoon boat with low hours in excellent condition for 70% of average NADA price. So is it only worth what I paid for it? No. I was offered more for it before I had written the check. The real value is in the eye of the buyer.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #47

Agreed - in my original post, I did say I realized that a special coach can command a special price. No way the couple that drives the Zephyr are going to sell it for book value.

Perhaps my original question should have been something like, "How close are NADA values to what typical buyers will pay?" I was trying to assess my risk in spending higher than NADA value on a MH - risk in the context of being able to sell the MH later, if and when it comes to that. If NADA was notoriously low, and buyers readily spend more than NADA all the time, that's one thing. If NADA was already considered generous, I'd think twice about how "special" a MH was to me before paying above NADA value.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
When its all said and done...you still have to get a buyer to step up. When we bought our 5 yr old bus it took one hour after seeing it for first time to come to a price. Never researched anything. Just knew what MSRP was and did the math. You could not tell the difference in the condition of interior/exterior from new one sitting next to it. Did check listings for sale on same exact yr model after and found we were $10-20k under sellers asking prices. We jumped on it due to the excellent condition. Put 7k miles on it in a yr and very happy. Average condition coach's are the norm on the market. Buyers will pay for exceptional ones.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nada