Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #1

Can you guys help me get a foot up? Or in this case two foot!

My new coach is a week or two off from my picking up (a front entry diesel pusher) and one thing the coach does not offer is a footrest on the passenger seat. I contacted the furniture company and they will sell me the footrest and mechanism to add it to the seat. I have no idea how to put it on but if I can't figure it out I'll find someone who can.

The only other option is an ottoman but I think an attached footrest is a better way to go. I am going to buy matching material to make an ottoman for the couch. But again, the attached footrest for the passenger seat strikes me as the way to go. Why a footrest is not included as at least an option on my coach I'll never understand. Especially when it's readily available for the exact seat thats going into my coach. But will the coach builder put it in if I pay for it? Noooooooooo!

What kind of place would you guys use to put the footrest on the seat if you felt uncomfortable doing yourself?

If any of you have done this or have had it done I'd love hearing from you!

Harry
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The footrest for the passenger seat in our coach is a rug on the dash they can put their feet up on.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
An attached footrest will be much better then an ottoman. If you're picking up the coach from a dealer see if hey can do it for you. Or try any RV tech, some even have mobile service and will come to you.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #4

Hmmm, now you have me wondering. My wife would love a foot rest for her seat. My motorhome is older, but I wonder if it would be available? Thanks for the idea.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #5

We have an ottoman and the wife really likes it.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
We have an ottoman and the wife really likes it.
Got a box ottoman and her blanket stores in it. She likes it, and it was affordable.
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #7

DW uses the height-adjustable platform used when the entry step is too high after leveling. With the legs folded into the store position, it's about 3" high, with the legs folded out, at the lowest position the platform is about 5" high.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought one of these for the DW.

http://www.rvautoparts.com/Prime-Foo...omchoCNSzw_wcB
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For the driver's seat you do not want any device that can move without permission, thus an attached foot rest is vastly superior.. Vastly vastly superior.

How to attach it.. I will bet the attachment holes already exist and will be described in the "enclosed documentation" when you receive it.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
My new coach is a week or two off from my picking up (a front entry diesel pusher) and one thing the coach does not offer is a footrest on the passenger seat. I contacted the furniture company and they will sell me the footrest and mechanism to add it to the seat. I have no idea how to put it on but if I can't figure it out I'll find someone who can.

The only other option is an ottoman but I think an attached footrest is a better way to go. I am going to buy matching material to make an ottoman for the couch. But again, the attached footrest for the passenger seat strikes me as the way to go. Why a footrest is not included as at least an option on my coach I'll never understand. Especially when it's readily available for the exact seat thats going into my coach. But will the coach builder put it in if I pay for it? Noooooooooo!

What kind of place would you guys use to put the footrest on the seat if you felt uncomfortable doing yourself?

If any of you have done this or have had it done I'd love hearing from you!

Harry

Harry,
May I ask, what make/model/year/chassis coach are you taking possession of that simply does not add any form of foot rest? Now, also, are you speaking of a "Recliner" type of foot rest that simply pivots out to pick your wife's feet and legs up off the floor? If so, again, you don't say what make/model of coach you're purchasing but, apparently they've gotten CHEAPER in terms of just what they (at least your make/model) now offer as standard equipment. Our coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, came with the passengers seat as full 6-way power, and full reclining capability WITH tilting foot rest. And that also includes adjustable arm rests for changing the arm rest angle for different passengers and riding positions.

Now, if you're speaking of something for your wife to put her feet ON, (as opposed to picking the back of her legs up like a normal recliner would) then I can't suggest anything. To us, putting a step, like what's been shown would kind of be a pain due to logistics. Since most D/P coaches come with a movable floor that's in front of the passenger, then, in order for that "step" to be used, the sliding step/floor would have to be slid out and in place in order for your portable step to be placed on top of it. Just wondering.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #11

Hi guys and thanks for your responses.

FIRE UP, my coach is a 2018 Coachmen SportsCoach 407FW and the passenger seat is a full power driven recliner, it just doesn't have the footrest.

wa8yxm, you may well be right about the holes already being there and that would be great. My main problem now is the furniture company Coachmen uses. It is almost impossible to get information out of them. My first contact was December 28th and I still don't know what's going on.

They told me a month ago they will sell me the footrest etc and some seat material I want but no price, no timing, no nothin! Even Coachmen told me "yes, they can be very difficult to talk too! Very frustrating especially since I'm only a couple weeks out from getting my new coach!

Sorry for venting...
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #12

Most all the seat manufacturers have seats with built in footrest. Just tell them the wife wants a different seat.
MoJoGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote