Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Member
 
97 TropiCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lafayette,Tennessee
Posts: 57
Can you hardwire a wireless backup camera

I have a EHOTCH TFT LCD Wireless Cam & Monitor...Can I Hard wire it? If so does anybody have a wire diagram to do it? Thank You,Walt
__________________

__________________
97 TropiCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,062
I have not seen a wireless camera with the provisions to hard wire other than 12 volt to power it. Same with the monitor.
__________________

__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dennis45's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BC
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 TropiCal View Post
I have a EHOTCH TFT LCD Wireless Cam & Monitor...Can I Hard wire it? If so does anybody have a wire diagram to do it? Thank You,Walt
Call me crazy but, the first clue for me is Wireless.
__________________
Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Johndale's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Worth texas
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 TropiCal View Post
I have a EHOTCH TFT LCD Wireless Cam & Monitor...Can I Hard wire it? If so does anybody have a wire diagram to do it? Thank You,Walt

Ok if it is one of the ones with the wireless harness then yes you can. But been more info on the one you have. The one I was looking at had the transmitter on the harness. Either way you will need 12 volts. And plus need to know do you want it on all the time or what. Before any of you jump the gun here search the type he mention here because it is not what you think. So search before you post please.
__________________
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
Member
 
97 TropiCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lafayette,Tennessee
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
Ok if it is one of the ones with the wireless harness then yes you can. But been more info on the one you have. The one I was looking at had the transmitter on the harness. Either way you will need 12 volts. And plus need to know do you want it on all the time or what. Before any of you jump the gun here search the type he mention here because it is not what you think. So search before you post please.
The transmitter and receiver are in the harness. No instructions came with it. So far I have power to the monitor and camera but it says no signal.I guess I have to hit the right combination with the remaining wires. This is what it says on the box.

EHOTCH Wireless-IR-Rear-View-Back-up-Camera-Night-Vision-System-7-Monitor-for-RV-Truck
P.S. I dont care if its wired to be on all the time.
Thanks for your help,Walt
__________________
97 TropiCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #6
Senior Member


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,390
Is it the same one as in this eBay listing?

if it is, try tying the blue and red wires on the monitor harness together. This will simulate a reverse activation signal. Then put 12V on the red wires for the monitor harness and the camera, and grounds on both on the black wires.
__________________
Mark
2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30PDD (Ford F-53 chassis)
2009 Honda Fit Sport
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Johndale's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Worth texas
Posts: 963
More Choices In My Store:















12V Car Rear View Wireless Backup Camera Kit+ 7" TFT LCD Monitor For Truck / Van














Monitor Features
7" LED Backlight Color TFT LCD monitor
High-resolution picture
Full color LED backlight display
2-channel video input:V1/V2(Auto switching)
With menu buttons, you can adjust brightness, saturation, contrast, hue, etc
Low power consumption
Language: English
Easy to install
Display blue screen on no signal
Car Camera features
2.4GHz Wireless Camera with 1x Transmitter & 1x Receiver
IR LEDs Night Vision
IP65 Whaterproof
Lens Angle: 170-Deg Diagonal
TV System: NTSC/PAL
Effective Pixels:720*576 pixels
Horizontal Resolution: 420 TV lines
Electronic Shutter: 1/60-1/15,000 seconds
Minimum Illumination: 1.5LUX
Power RequirementC24V
What's in the box
1x 7 Inch TFT LCD Mirror Monitor
1x Power Cable
1x Car Backup Camera
1x Wireless Transmitter
1x Wireless Receiver
1x Installing Diagram
__________________
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Johndale's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Worth texas
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
More Choices In My Store:















12V Car Rear View Wireless Backup Camera Kit+ 7" TFT LCD Monitor For Truck / Van














Monitor Features
7" LED Backlight Color TFT LCD monitor
High-resolution picture
Full color LED backlight display
2-channel video input:V1/V2(Auto switching)
With menu buttons, you can adjust brightness, saturation, contrast, hue, etc
Low power consumption
Language: English
Easy to install
Display blue screen on no signal
Car Camera features
2.4GHz Wireless Camera with 1x Transmitter & 1x Receiver
IR LEDs Night Vision
IP65 Whaterproof
Lens Angle: 170-Deg Diagonal
TV System: NTSC/PAL
Effective Pixels:720*576 pixels
Horizontal Resolution: 420 TV lines
Electronic Shutter: 1/60-1/15,000 seconds
Minimum Illumination: 1.5LUX
Power RequirementC24V
What's in the box
1x 7 Inch TFT LCD Mirror Monitor
1x Power Cable
1x Car Backup Camera
1x Wireless Transmitter
1x Wireless Receiver
1x Installing Diagram

The pictures didn't go through
__________________
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Johndale's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Worth texas
Posts: 963
ehotch wireless-back-up-camera- - Bing video
Wireless Car Truck Rear View System 7" Monitor Backup CCD Camera IR Night Vision | eBay
__________________

__________________
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camera



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless backup camera's anyone installed one? 89sandman Class A Motorhome Discussions 27 10-11-2015 03:11 PM
Recommendation for Wireless Backup Camera System RVNewB101 iRV2.com General Discussion 15 05-12-2015 07:24 PM
User Report: Garmin RV 760LMT GPS & BC 20 Wireless Backup Camera RussOnTheRoad Gear and Product Discussions 26 07-28-2014 12:56 PM
Quality of Garmin BC 20 wireless backup camera VAParrothead Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 1 06-02-2014 05:07 PM
Can we go yet, Can we go yet, Can we go yet, Can we go yet, Can we go yet mothgrey Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 11-18-2013 05:51 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.